Pre-Game Talk: Game #1 Habs vs Knights, Monday June 14th 9pm

Who will take round 3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
This is one of the things that scares me about Vegas. And I am not sure if it's the coaching, but in multiple games when they were down or scored on first they came back. We are yet to see if the Habs are able to do that because, while it's great that they haven't been trailing since two series ago, they have yet to win a game where at any point they were trailing.

The Knights have been really resilient. I fear that with the Habs we kinda have to be that strike first team. Maybe they will prove me wrong though.
I agree with you. Tbh, I worry too about Vegas. They have made adjustments, and come back during games this year, and during their first two matches.

I think coaching is the 'foundation' so to speak. There are other factors also....
Their heave forcheckijg style, quality of players, and their playoff experience the past few years.

But, here's what I'm hoping........ they played their division teams many times this year.
They've had all season, and played each other in many different scenarios.
With the Habs..... they haven't played them in over a year. So, I'm hoping that by the time their coaching is able to be effective. It will be too late. (I'm also hoping Fleury will let in a few soft goals at key moments. Lol)

Making adjustments during a game is hard enough..... but, to do it during a playoff series with another team your quite unfamiliar with. Is another level.
Can DD out coach Deboer?
We shall see. I actually think it's possible.
If..... he can. I think we win the series.
Infact, I think that we will NEED this, to win the series

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
We did our thing, now it is your turn

don't mind me, until next isles game I am just another habs fan, yessir

I fit right in

source.gif
You guys did your part. Now I’m extra nervous for us to keep pace lol

hopefully the Habs were taking notes today!

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
With the Habs..... they haven't played them in over a year. So, I'm hoping that by the time their coaching is able to be effective. It will be too late. (I'm also hoping Fleury will let in a few soft goals at key moments. Lol)

Yeah I think a strong start would be good. And I think getting in Fleury's head would be good.

Reactions: Mr Mom

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
For the first time in 35-years, none of the head coaches in the final four ever played a single game in the NHL

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For the first time in 35-years, none of the head coaches in the final four ever played a single game in the NHL

Pretty interesting. And three of those four coaches are the same as last year. It was Rick Bowness with the Stars that ruined it last year as he's played in the NHL.

If the Avs beat the Stars last year, the non-NHL playing coaches would have been done last year, with Bednar being another coach with no NHL games played in his resume. But alas, Bowness ruined it. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad