Pre-Game Talk: Game #1 Habs vs Knights, Monday June 14th 9pm

Who will take round 3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
It's funny how these "analysts" try to predict sweeps when literally the only two sweeps that have happened in the playoffs so far were the least unpredictable things ever.

Picking a team not to win a single game is serious disrespect. Some Tim Kavanaugh clown for ESPN has literally picked the Habs to get swept in both the Leafs and Jets series.

The Wild took these guys the distance at the beginning of the playoffs when everyone was rested and rearing to go. We'll make it a series, no matter the outcome.

GHG.
Yes, also the pressure is all on Vegas. At this point we are playing with the house's money. Nobody expects success from Montreal as all the talk is about an anticipated finals between Tampa and Vegas. But neither did the pundits in the first two series. If we stick to the winning formula: structured play, tight physical defence, opportunistic scoring and Price outplays Fleury, this could become interesting.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Only thing that sucks about this series will be the later start times when the games are in Vegas. Small price to pay to be in semi finals I guess lol

Also assuming to accommodate Vegas fans home games are starting at 8 which also sucks.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
It's rare, but our C depth is better on paper in this matchup. Will be curious to see how that affect things as we always blabber about how important C's are.

Patch vs Suz narrative is gonna be fun, hopefully Patch isn't "inspired" by anything.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Pietrangelo best dman in the NHL.
Maybe. But I see Pietrangelo , like most of the Vegas defence, vulnerable to a strong forecheck. The Vegas defence largely mirrors Montreal's. Only Montreal has Petry, who is far more mobile than any Vegas defenceman. If Petry is ready to go, the teams' respective defences are, as they say in Vegas: a push. Price should be better than Fleury. The biggest difference is forwards where Vegas has, in my opinion, a clear edge. But in a seven game series, it takes only one player to step up and bridge that gap. On paper Vegas has the edge, but a Montreal victory will not be as big an upset as many would have you believe. Tampa, however, would be another story. But let's focus on Vegas, and see if we can continue this great ride.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Scott1243

Oct 17, 2017
Let's go Habs! The only thing that scares me is the "french" goalie in the Bell Center playing ridiculously good....seems to always happen.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It's rare, but our C depth is better on paper in this matchup. Will be curious to see how that affect things as we always blabber about how important C's are.

Patch vs Suz narrative is gonna be fun, hopefully Patch isn't "inspired" by anything.
Ya don't need him to pull a Leclair!!

Reactions: abo9

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I think Caufield and Toffoli turn it on in this series. Fleury scrambles a bit, my hope is that the snipers can snipe with a more 'frantic' goalie in net.

Reactions: No More Subban

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Max Pacioretty is maybe the most uninspired player in the entire NHL LMFAO

Reactions: CapZzZzZz and abo9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->