Pre-Game Talk: Game #1 Habs vs Knights, Monday June 14th 9pm

Who will take round 3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
I'm foreseeing a Caufield coming out party. He'll score 4 important goals during this series, chasing away Fleury, and the habs will prevail in 7. I saw that in the tea leaves this morning.
Are you sure those 'leaves' your looking at are tea leaves, and not the 'special' kind of GREEN leaves instead?

Lol, just kidding.....
One of my annoying 'HABits' is my penchant for bad jokes!
Sorry everyone, please carry on intelligently...

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Serious question:

Do you consider this season a success regardless of the outcome of this series?

1. Beat the leafs in what will become an all time classic comeback
2. Swept the Jets to come out of the North.
3. Great showings from the youth (Caufield, Suzuki, KK)
4. Price showing he's best in the league come playoff time.

Frankly, #1 alone is enough for me. I'm excited and optimistic (voted habs in 7) but will be content with how the season ends if we don't get to the final.

Skala24

Apr 16, 2015
Slovakia
Knights in 5. In the short history of the club(this is their 4th season), they played 1st year in stanley cup finals, 2nd year in first round and 3rd year in conference finals. I think the experience from playoffs will decide.

Reactions: dinodebino

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Serious question:

Frankly, #1 alone is enough for me. I'm excited and optimistic (voted habs in 7) but will be content with how the season ends if we don't get to the final.

nope because Price and Weber are giving all they have one last time (my guess)
and secondly, Islander are the top 4 meaning that PO hockey is not season hockey. We have a type of (boring by opponents) team that could make it work. But we will underdog till the end.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Serious question:

This season has exceeded expectations and I'm so jacked for the development of our youth and playoff experience! Ill be happy regardless. But not a success until we win it all.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Knights in 5. In the short history of the club(this is their 4th season), they played 1st year in stanley cup finals, 2nd year in first round and 3rd year in conference finals. I think the experience from playoffs will decide.

That is true. They've been successful in their short history and most of the team is comprised of the same guys.

Habs made an effort to go get guys who have been here before and some of them have won the whole thing. The difference is they've all done it at separate times and with separate teams (aside from Edmundson and Allen). But hopefully that will be enough to help them carry them deep into the series.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
As much as I appreciate the 3-1 comeback against Toronto and the dominant sweep of Winnipeg I give the Habs no chance of winning this series. Vegas is several levels above Toronto and Winnipeg. Vegas in 6

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
They do have a better rosters overall.....but there's 2 things I like about the Habs versus the Knights.

1- Price is the better goalie
2- The Habs center line is better than Vegas

As for offensive power
Toronto still had Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Muzzin
Not sure I would put Pacioretty, Stone, Marchessault, Pietrangelo, Theodore ahead of Toronto's fire power

And Minnesota dragged Vegas to a game 7 despite being a very good team and it will be the 1st time Vegas face a big defense like the Habs in the PO. Minnesota and Colorado's defense were not very big.

I like how the Habs seem determined and confident without being cocky about it.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Habs have added some significant playoff experience this past off season. There is no edge in that area.

I would be curious to see total games played in the playoffs from both sides? Anybody know where you can get this info quickly without manually calculating

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
nope because Price and Weber are giving all they have one last time (my guess)
and secondly, Islander are the top 4 meaning that PO hockey is not season hockey. We have a type of (boring by opponents) team that could make it work. But we will underdog till the end.
I don't get why people keep saying this...is winning the Cup no longer a goal after Price and Weber are gone?

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Bad news: Vegas has the roster to short-circuit our offence and overwhelm our D. If Fleury is "On", the Habs' minor surge in scoring could disappear quickly and we could go back to being a 1 or 2-goal team.

Good news: Caufield and Suzuki are gaining confidence with each game. They could come into their own this series. Toffoli has gotten hot, our 4th line is terrific. We could win games through relentless pressure, if not pure talent.

Both teams play tight and have strong goalies; I'm expecting a battle of defensive mistakes. While the whole "North sucks" cliche is a dumb meme, there's no question Vegas has a better roster than Montreal. Vegas should win this in 5 or 6, but the fun is in the vast unknown that overwrites all the shoulds and turns everyone's predictions on their heads. Here's hoping for another 'unknown'...

They haven't played against in 18 months, hard to predict anything (Jan 19, 2020, Habs won 5-4)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lshap

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Whether that storm of full capacity in Vegas for the first 10 minutes and that'll be a victory right off the bat.. then just continue to do what you've been doing, habs.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
gotta get one of the first two in Vegas... then hope CP can go nuclear as the series wears on to make up for our D that is going to get absolutely abused and ground down as the series wears on. Gotta bet that DeBoer is going to start the series going heavy and with marching orders for Reaves, Roy, Tuch, Kobesar to take a pound of flesh from our d every shift...

offensively, gonna need the JKO and Staal lines to be able to contribute because if the the Knights figured out how to neutralize Mackinnon's line outside of the PP, Suzuki & co. are in for a tough series... and Fleury is in a groove putting him right up there with Price's best...

this is very much a david/goliath battle... if the habs pull this one of, will be one of the more impressive series upsets i've seen in my lifetime!

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Serious question:

The season was a success in my books the day we pushed the Leafs to game 7. I expected us to be a bubble team at the stary of the year, and be quickly dealt with come playoff times

I'm pleasantly surprised by what our young players have shown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad