Post-Game Talk: Game 1 EDSF - Washington 3 BRUINS 2 F OT - Caps lead series 1-0

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
No matter who plays for the Caps tomorrow, the Bs have a more talented top 6 and a better goalie. The Caps won game 1 because they were the hungrier dogs. All hands need to be on deck to make a deep playoff run. That message hasn't reached a few Bruins.
I’m not convinced the Bruins have a better top 6 . I’d like to believe that but they looked outmatched last night .

Reactions: BMC and fin8

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Just spitballing here, but the Bruins had a bad (especially considering the opponent) loss in BUF just over 21 days ago. I wonder if anything could make them temporarily pfeel tired or give them shoulder soreness 21 days apart for a couple of days....
Kampfer said this week that they won’t get their 2nd shots til after the first round.

Reactions: talkinaway

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I’m not convinced the Bruins have a better top 6 . I’d like to believe that but they looked outmatched last night .
I cannot dispute that. I was referring more to talent. But winning games also involves effort and being physical. If all of the Bs top 6 guys can show those two things then they will prevail. If not, then adios.

Reactions: TOR1970Cup and BMC

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
JDB should be moved up and Kuraly down.

For defense, I know Reilly didn’t have the best game but I honestly didn’t love Lauzons game either. There was some good nasty, but he also got burnt in transition a few times. Idk if I take him out yet but I wouldn’t mind seeing some Tinordi

Reactions: BMC

JCRO

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

For defense, I know Reilly didn’t have the best game but I honestly didn’t love Lauzons game either. There was some good nasty, but he also got burnt in transition a few times. Idk if I take him out yet but I wouldn’t mind seeing some Tinordi
To add, if Coyle really isn’t working out at center after a game or two maybe consider moving Lazar up?

JDB-Lazar-Coyle
Ritchie-Kuraly-Wagner

Keeps JDB and Ritchie on the left side. Lazar has shown some hands, speed and grit as well. Feel like he wouldn’t be too out of place up there

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

wait, was he not already? I wasn't really paying attention to matchups, but noticed Miller out there a lot against Ovi and it seemed like a huge mismatch. Didn't think he was actively avoiding the Mac/Gryz vs Ovi matchup, though. If so....why?

I love Bruce but he tends to overthink these things sometimes, especially in the playoffs.

Reactions: Gordoff

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

A potential series with the Caps was the first thing that popped into my mind as a reason I liked the move when DS brought Tinordi in. He has looked good in the games he has played, and it's not like he has cost the Bs a bunch of goals when he has been in the lineup. I don't think he is the best option against all teams in the playoffs, but against the Caps for sure I want his strength and big body in the lineup. Matchups matter in the playoffs.

JCRO

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
A potential series with the Caps was the first thing that popped into my mind as a reason I liked the move when DS brought Tinordi in. He has looked good in the games he has played, and it's not like he has cost the Bs a bunch of goals when he has been in the lineup. I don't think he is the best option against all teams in the playoffs, but against the Caps for sure I want his strength and big body in the lineup. Matchups matter in the playoffs.
I agree 100 percent.

That third LHD is dependent on the matchup. In this series I also think Tinordi is best suited matchup wise

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
So you sit who

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
This is a large enough sample to suggest this playoff trend will remain a constant. Cassidy can do nothing and Cpt a sinking ship, or make a move.
He'd better figure this out because unlike 2019, this years Stanley Cup goes through Washington, Tampa and the best of the rest. If Cassidy can't snap the whip and find the right buttons to push after the significant TDL work that Sweeney did all eyes will turn to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad