Post-Game Talk: Game 1 EDSF - Washington 3 BRUINS 2 F OT - Caps lead series 1-0

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Down 0-2 we go to Swayman

Only way that happens is if Rask lets in 4-5. Just a normal loss and they won't do that.

Crazy the drama from people on 2-3 tipped goals and OT. Every caps goal was a fluke play at one end or the other.

If we hit the net a bit more we aren't having this discussion. Our guys need to shoot and try to be a bit less fancy. Get pucks to the net.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Interesting similarities in the Penguins game

1- Crosby with a statement opening shift

2-Isle too respectful of Penguins speed and backing off allowing Penguins puck control

3- Isles have a 2 on 1 and don't get a shot

one big difference- Isles scored first , and Pens tie it up while I'm typing this

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Only way that happens is if Rask lets in 4-5. Just a normal loss and they won't do that.

Crazy the drama from people on 2-3 tipped goals and OT. Every caps goal was a fluke play at one end or the other.

If we hit the net a bit more we aren't having this discussion. Our guys need to shoot and try to be a bit less fancy. Get pucks to the net.

Bingo!

We have Bingo!

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
God did that piss me right off. Ovechkin should have been hit continuously after that. Instead they did nothing. Lauzon was the only one who stood up to #8 all game long. People were bitching about the penalty he took but IMO his was a necessary penalty.

It's inexcusable, at least to me. 2011 Bruins all stood up for each other

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Honestly the performance of the entire team was a disgrace. Despite the Craps being down to a mediocre 40 year old goaltender the Bruins could not score on him. Wrap your heads around that one. Then again Anderson didn't need to work too hard because his team was pushing the Bruins around all over the place.

This team has had issues with opponents' physicality & their own relative lack of it in addition to their tendencies to overplay, overpass and undershoot for some time now. None of these issues have been fixed and by that I mean permanently eliminated. Is the coaching staff not doing its job or are the players not listening?? Or is it both? Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:

Thomas 11

Apr 15, 2018
Alberta Beach, Alberta
Thought they played scared in the first. They never got it going all game. Think it’s time to rake Pasta off the first PP unit, he just turns it over almost every time he handles it. They need to make Anderson’s life a lot more difficult or we’re done in 6. 40 foot open shots are not getting it done!
On to a must win game 2.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It’s hard watching coyle struggle for this prolonged amount of time. Loved the way he used to play as a grinder and puck possession monster. He’s a shell of his former self. He honestly might have been the worst player on the ice last night. Constantly turning the puck over and losing battles. Just hard to see.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
God did that piss me right off. Ovechkin should have been hit continuously after that. Instead they did nothing. Lauzon was the only one who stood up to #8 all game long. People were bitching about the penalty he took but IMO his was a necessary penalty.

Lauzon and Miller the only D to in any way play near physical enough . Sad how soft some of our D played

Reactions: BMC

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Just spitballing here, but the Bruins had a bad (especially considering the opponent) loss in BUF just over 21 days ago. I wonder if anything could make them temporarily pfeel tired or give them shoulder soreness 21 days apart for a couple of days....

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Regardless the crazy bounce off the end boards is what resulted in that odd man rush. No Dman can predict a puck is going to bounce past our 3 forwards , essentially creating a 4 on 1

There was literally 8-10 seconds left. Carlo's only thought s/b who is behind me. Terrible DM by Carlo. His D partner was in position and he wasn't.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Just spitballing here, but the Bruins had a bad (especially considering the opponent) loss in BUF just over 21 days ago. I wonder if anything could make them temporarily pfeel tired or give them shoulder soreness 21 days apart for a couple of days....
maybe if it was 28 days

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Razor n Jaffe made sense this morning imo Coyle needs to centre the third with Debrusk on his wing, Kuraly to the fourth. Only change needed. Who cares what players these knuckle draggin, hand bitin, dirt bags get back for next game.
Bring the nasty, get pucks on net and it will all click. If not and they do lose by a heavy margin, I would throw in Frederic, Tinordi and swayman.

Bruins 4-1 next game

Reactions: The National

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad