Post-Game Talk: Game 1 EDSF - Washington 3 BRUINS 2 F OT - Caps lead series 1-0

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
pulverizing tone setting hit on DK. good thing Krejci was ok. i hope the Bruins agitate ovechkin every chance they get the rest of the series

Krejci should have had his head up and seen him coming from 50 feet away. The team was not ready to play, something that's been going on for years with this core. It's playoff hockey, come out of the gate knowing the other team wants to take your head off.

Krejci was one of many that took the night off and came out with their heads up their ass.

As for agitating? I would take out Wagner and Lazar and insert Freddy and Blidh. There will never be a peaceful moment after a wistle.

Reactions: BRUINS since 1995

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Krejci should have had his head up and seen him coming from 50 feet away. The team was not ready to play, something that's been going on for years with this core. It's playoff hockey, come out of the gate knowing the other team wants to take your head off.

Krejci was one of many that took the night off and came out with their heads up their ass.

As for agitating? I would take out Wagner and Lazar and insert Freddy and Blidh. There will never be a peaceful moment after a wistle.
I don’t take Lazar out right now. I agree on Wagner though .

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Carlo broke even in plus minus so he cost the team nothing. He needs to be more physical. The minuses were Mac, Grizz, Lauzon and Miller - who let the guy in front tip it in for the winner. Ovie took him out twice and sadly he never got him back. Lauzon had to step in and he did a good job. This needs to change or it will be a short series. Tinordi should get in at least he will do something, maybe sit Reilly.

It a must not a maybe. He's not a good matchup in this series.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

I only thing i saw coming was a lack of any response

Reactions: BMC and mjhfb

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
The game was there for the taking.
Some weird bounces and no puck luck.

Very odd game.

They need to regroup. Attack these Caps goalies. Crash, shoot and repeat.

They can win this series.
Think the ‘crash’ part is the most important after last night.

Boston’s forwards, specifically the top 6, don’t like playing against bigger defenders. If they can’t get inside on those guys and keep settling for shots from the wall with no traffic they’ll be lucky to put 2 past any goalie.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I am not suggesting any changes need to be made prior to the next game, but playing against a team such as the Capitals in playoff hockey undersized soft player are a liability . The skill set of such players needs to be very high

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Think the ‘crash’ part is the most important after last night.

Boston’s forwards, specifically the top 6, don’t like playing against bigger defenders. If they can’t get inside on those guys and keep settling for shots from the wall with no traffic they’ll be lucky to put 2 past any goalie.

agreed.
They need to sacrifice themselves a bit. May draw a penalty. May get lucky and get one on a deflection or rebound.
Not rocket science. Just hard work and some courage.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Nothing too negative to say after this tight and physical game, we all know it s gonna be hard against this big team who dont give space, they are great in PK and on PP, need more from the first line, stop to be cute, second an fourth line are good but the third line is a big heavy one for Bruins but played like lady, Coyle is the soft one, he have to use his body to check player, is 6'3'' and 225 no reason to not compete against big guys like Ovi or Wilson, but is a wet napkin

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Twitter is a cesspool to society.
I'm not on it, have nothing to do with that heaping pile of crap.
It can be a good experience depending on how you use it . Once you are there for awhile you pretty well know the conversations to avoid and if you stay within the small group of people that you are familiar with it can be enjoyable. In general, though it’s comparable to this board when this place is at its absolute worst say like after a Bruins playoff loss.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
While he is skating today, Kuznetsov is still in Covid protocol. Also, it sounds like Samsonov won't play tomorrow, but also not entirely ruled out.

Reactions: sooshii

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad