GDT: Game 1: Coyotes @ Stars | 10/4/18 5:30 p.m. PDT | FS-A | The regular season sucks

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Sorry, I went to a concert after the first period.

If Oliver Ekman-Larsson didn’t hit the post so much, he would win the Rocket every year.

Yeah, team obviously needs to practice shooting on a goal which is just a little bit smaller than the real ones.

Reactions: CC96

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Uh no. Strome has actually been one of the best Coyotes out there in this 2nd period. Crisp passing, good shot selection. I have no issues, since the rest of the team is playing like crap right now.
Agree about Strome disagree about the team.

it was a terrible basically 2 mins...other than that, there were again some positives...some negatives...but we need to break the seal and then I think the guys will get going. Oh and can we hit more posts!!!!!
It wasn't a bad showing by the guys. There were a couple of passengers, Raanta let in a couple of softies and we hit three posts. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
My take on game one:

Raanta was solid minus the 2nd goal

Way too sloppy in our defensive zone

Dallas was way more physical

Fischer was man on a mission

Bishop was great( although the post was his best friend)

With some more luck we should of had at least a couple.
Raanta let three goals in, two were softies. That is not solid. Bishop outplayed Raanta.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I thought we played pretty well. Lines clearly had very little chemistry. Missing two Cs with our roster isn't something we can overcome. But we had chances, we just didn't finish them. Bishop made some nice saves as well. Honestly not mad.
I agree with this.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Can we identify Tocchet’s passengers?

1 Panik
2 Perlini
3 Demers
4 Goligoski
5 Connauton
6 Strome (first half of game)

Anyone else?

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Yup.Perlini and Panik were a couple of no shows tonight.

Don't agree on Panik, he just didn't have the luck, like the rest of the team. Didn't try to single out Perlini enough to claim to have an opinion.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Can we identify Tocchet’s passengers?

1 Panik
2 Perlini
3 Demers
4 Goligoski
5 Connauton
6 Strome (first half of game)

Anyone else?
Hard to say, but Perlini/Strome/Goligoski for sure. I think Tocc makes line up changes next game and that will tell. Dolphin/Archibald in for Strome and ?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What I saw was the need for a big menacing player to stick up for our large number of smaller guys. Hopefully Lyubushkin plays on Saturday

Loved Crouses game. Loved Fischer’s game.

Strome looked well out there too. If anything I think Strome may have bumped Keller back to wing. He was our best center tonight.

Cousins looked like he couldn’t stay on his skates at all. Every time the camera was on him the guy was falling lol.

Sloppy two minutes determined the game. When I was watching I liked our puck battles and liked the pressure. Those two minutes seriously killed them. I pretty much watched everything outside that two minutes because I took the dog for a quick walk lol

With all this said, missing Dvo and Galchenyuk really shows. I do think Strome earned himself better minutes and line mates though.
I agree. When the game was lost I would have doubled shifted Crouse and tell him to hit everything in site. I do believe Lyubushkin will be in the line up on Saturday.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not the outcome we wanted but take away that bad stretch in the second and have a few of those posts go in and maybe this is a different game. Some quick thoughts:

Perlini – Probably his worst game as a Coyote. Directly caused the one goal. Couldn’t hit the net with some great set ups either.

Strome – Had a lot of life after he got bumped up the lineup. He’s just awful away from the puck though. Doesn’t have the muscle to win a puck battle.

Kempe – Thought he looked a lot better than what we saw last season. He seems to know how to utilize his speed now.

Crouse – Really used his size. Hopefully he’s becoming what we think he can be. Maybe our best forward tonight.

Hinostroza – Still want to see some finish from him but my biggest criticism is his No. 13. Giving me Peter Holland flashbacks!
Strome was fine away from the puck, plus he got involved in more board battles than ever before and came away with the puck a few times. Very positive. Perlini was terrible as he had about three golden opportunities. I was surprised with Kempe, in a positive way. Crouse was good but he was no where near our best forward. Not knocking Crouse, as he did quite well, but when your coach only gives you 9 minutes of TOI it's hard to get in a groove. Like last year, I'm more worried about some of the vets than the kids. Gogo gets a pass, this game, because of his lack of preseason play.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
And thus ends the Clayton Keller, NHL center experiment.

Strome outplayed Stepan, think Tocchet will be joining team Strome.

Holy PP, that was entertaining. Loved Grabner and Crouse’s PK shifts too.

Perlini finishes the game with Kempe and Crouse, ouch.
Was surprised RT bumped up Strome. Maybe, just maybe, I was wrong about RT not liking Strome. Stepan would have looked better if his wingers got their head out of their a--.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I like how powerful and fast Crouse and Fischer look. Cousins had a nice, annoying little rat game. Richardson playing above 4th line is a disaster. Grabner was good. Strome was good. Hinostroza was good. Keller is a god. Perlini needs to take a deep breath and relax his hands on his stick and stop missing the ****ing net.

Goligoski and Demers were asleep. Flat footed. Totally unprepared. Lazy ass vets with no fire. Inexcusable. Especially after both were so god awful to start last season. Stepan learned his lesson. These two clowns didn’t. Stepan came into camp ready. Demers was laughing off training camp in his last interview like he’s above practice. He looked like a fat loser tonight. He needs to be healthy scratched for Lyubushkin on Saturday. If you’re going to act like campnis a joke you better ****ing play a serious game in the opener. What a dip ****.

Glad Strome had a good game and seemed to earn chances from Tocchet. It’s a great sign with Galchenyuk and Dvorak out for who knows long and coming back in who knows what shape. We need Strome to build on this.

My lineup for Saturday:

Panik-Stepan-Hinostroza
Perlini-Keller-Grabner
Crouse-Strome-Fischer
Cousins-Richardson-Kempe

OEL-Hjalmarsson
Connauton-Oesterle
Goligoski-Lyubushkin

Raanta
Demers is not going to sit. Connauton and Oesterle did not look good. I bet my bottom dollar Lyubushkin will be in the line up on Saturday. Everything else you said I agree with.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The team crapped the bed in exactly the way I was hoping they wouldn't. I mean, they couldn't have followed my internal "worst case scenario" script any closer. I'd have taken a blowout loss better than I took last night's game result.

Gonna be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I want Chucky with Strome or Keller. Bad. I suppose you could put Strome on the wing and have Chucky at center, although Strome was good in the dot tonight. Put Chucky with a guy who can set him up.

BUT that requires an extremely responsible winger on the other side. Grabner?

Also, hoping when Dvo and Chucky are back, it is an easy switch slotting them into the lineup and sending Kempe down and putting Richardson in the press box. Run Stepan, Strome, Dvo, and Cousins down the middle.
I would think Chucky will be given a chance at C. Keller back to wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad