GDT: Game 1: Coyotes @ Stars | 10/4/18 5:30 p.m. PDT | FS-A | The regular season sucks

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Outside the 5 obvious players who didnt have good games I believe Tocc might have refered to Hinostroza. Great speed, but lacked creativity and intent to make the most of the play. Kinda like a boedker or domi from last season.
I really like Hinostroza’s work ethic. He’s the energizer bunny and he’s got good vision. Reminds me of Domi without the snarl.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I really like Hinostroza’s work ethic. He’s the energizer bunny and he’s got good vision. Reminds me of Domi without the snarl.
I expected a 2016 domi but saw a spring 2018 domi. I should add that I watched the game while getting ready for work so not the best circumstances to evaluate a player. :scared:

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Until I see otherwise....
Hinostroza = Trevor Letowski

Hope I'm wrong.

Don't misinterpret...i like Letowski....however....

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Agree to disagree...killers row this is not. Compare to other teams and were missing at least two guys who are consistent goal scorers. Your banking a lot on what ifs and maybes. Without having a physical side to our game all they have to do is beat down on Keller and game over.
I was speaking to your comment re: 20 goals scorers. We (potentially) have those, but we don't have 30-40 goal or 80 points guys. Keller led with 65 points which was only 48th in the NHL last year and Coyotes finished with 208 goals....that number needs to increase to the 235-250 level to have a shot at the playoffs. No doubt we need more scoring.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I don't think Perlini was a passenger last night. Of course, to me a "passenger" means a player putting forth little effort. He had a bad game but it wasn't for a lack of effort. He just forgot how to shoot. The pinch where he got burned leading to the third goal against was incredibly stupid, but it wouldn't be fair to pin the blame solely on him.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

He's a lot weaker on the puck unfortunately. Probably a bit faster though.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It is definitely interesting that we both see Strome's performance last night in such different ways. Goes to show how subjective one performance can be! We shall find out soon enough about Saturday's roster. I'm excited to be there!
I agree, we see things differently. I hope I am wrong with what I am seeing with Strome. It's a process, long season, I'm not discouraged for the team after game one.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The same problem the Yotes had last year looks apparent in the first game.
Defensive breakdowns allowing an almost 2-0 for the second goal. D is not that strong and forwards don't know how to help out.

Another thing that is apparent is other Teams know the Coyotes are soft. They were bounced around pretty good. Cant imagine the Yotes playing in the playoffs with this soft team.

Chyka is a metrics kind of guy but you need more grit in the corners.

I thought Strome acquitted himself well. I was watching him. yotes had plenty of scoring chances and we're stoned by Bishop. Raanta had an average game. I doubt Keller will have a sophomore slump.

I've read on here where people said Perlini had a bad game. He had two great scoring chances. Not sure what game you were watching . Yes he was called out on one play but overall he's good.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
He's a lot weaker on the puck unfortunately. Probably a bit faster though.
opposite. He was getting in there and being involved. He lacks quickness more then anything.
Two things have held him back. Not strong on the puck and not quick. A lethally bad combination in the bigs. Overcome by insane hockey sense and great passing.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Another terrible 2 minute collapse scares me. We need to be able to allow a goal without panicking and allowing 1 or 2 more within the next two minutes. I don't know if it's coaching, leadership, bad jujumagumbo, or whatever, but the fact that it resurfaced in game one is bad news.

Overall I thought we played pretty well. Goose and Demers had some big WTF plays. I hope when Chychrun arises he takes the 2nd pairing spot with Oesterle or Kconn on the right and we have Goose and Demers on the third pairing. Strome was pretty good, I think he got better as he got more time and played with Kempe less. We need to get healthy, Kempe should not be an NHL regular.

Reactions: BUX7PHX

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I had no problem with Kempe yesterday. For what he is he had a good game. Created some chances, hustled hard and good on the pk. If this continues I wouldn't mind him on the 4th line.
Of course, when dvo and chucky are back he should be bound for Tucson.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Another terrible 2 minute collapse scares me. We need to be able to allow a goal without panicking and allowing 1 or 2 more within the next two minutes. I don't know if it's coaching, leadership, bad jujumagumbo, or whatever, but the fact that it resurfaced in game one is bad news.

Overall I thought we played pretty well. Goose and Demers had some big WTF plays. I hope when Chychrun arises he takes the 2nd pairing spot with Oesterle or Kconn on the right and we have Goose and Demers on the third pairing. Strome was pretty good, I think he got better as he got more time and played with Kempe less. We need to get healthy, Kempe should not be an NHL regular.
I have no idea why RT did not call a time out after that second goal. Settle the troops down. Raanta and our D were not good. Kconn and Oesterle are third pairing at best.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I have this toaster. I use it several times a week.

Haha

189518465411872p

Reactions: Jakey53

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
opposite. He was getting in there and being involved. He lacks quickness more then anything.
Two things have held him back. Not strong on the puck and not quick. A lethally bad combination in the bigs. Overcome by insane hockey sense and great passing.

Hinostroza isn't quick? Are you talking acceleration or speed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad