GDT: Game 1: Coyotes @ Stars | 10/4/18 5:30 p.m. PDT | FS-A | The regular season sucks

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Think Raanta should have been pulled in the last seconds to try to avoid the shut-out, but well.

Really think this was just bad puck-luck. I'm sure the team will bounce back. Next time, Gadget!

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I thought we played pretty well. Lines clearly had very little chemistry. Missing two Cs with our roster isn't something we can overcome. But we had chances, we just didn't finish them. Bishop made some nice saves as well. Honestly not mad.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Not too much to say more. I liked that Tocchet tweaked the lines instead of sticking with some combos that weren't working. Too bad the new ones didn't have all that much more success either :dunce:

The Coyotes were at their best in the 2nd half of the 1st. Didn't think they came out with enough effort in the third. I don't blame them too much for being flat at the start. Dallas' home opener you know they'd be fired up. Hopefully we see the same Saturday.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Hate getting shut out... But hey they are saving all the offense for the home open wooo!

Man I was frustrated about how the Yotes just couldn't quite get that goal.

Agreed about the physicality.

Reactions: Mosby

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think they've been fine tonight except for the non-call on the Oesterle hit.
I don't think so. I think that without stars on the team it has to play a lock down forecheck and play mistake free since they aren't trapping. Goligoski and Perlini looked outclassed.
We remain a 1ppg player away from the playoffs, and two additional .75ppg players from making a real run.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I don't think so. I think that without stars on the team it has to play a lock down forecheck and play mistake free since they aren't trapping. Goligoski and Perlini looked outclassed.
We remain a 1ppg player away from the playoffs, and two additional .75ppg players from making a real run.

I was talking about the referees. :P

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
What I saw was the need for a big menacing player to stick up for our large number of smaller guys. Hopefully Lyubushkin plays on Saturday

Loved Crouses game. Loved Fischer’s game.

Strome looked well out there too. If anything I think Strome may have bumped Keller back to wing. He was our best center tonight.

Cousins looked like he couldn’t stay on his skates at all. Every time the camera was on him the guy was falling lol.

Sloppy two minutes determined the game. When I was watching I liked our puck battles and liked the pressure. Those two minutes seriously killed them. I pretty much watched everything outside that two minutes because I took the dog for a quick walk lol

With all this said, missing Dvo and Galchenyuk really shows. I do think Strome earned himself better minutes and line mates though.

Reactions: Sthlmyote and rt

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not the outcome we wanted but take away that bad stretch in the second and have a few of those posts go in and maybe this is a different game. Some quick thoughts:

Perlini – Probably his worst game as a Coyote. Directly caused the one goal. Couldn’t hit the net with some great set ups either.

Strome – Had a lot of life after he got bumped up the lineup. He’s just awful away from the puck though. Doesn’t have the muscle to win a puck battle.

Kempe – Thought he looked a lot better than what we saw last season. He seems to know how to utilize his speed now.

Crouse – Really used his size. Hopefully he’s becoming what we think he can be. Maybe our best forward tonight.

Hinostroza – Still want to see some finish from him but my biggest criticism is his No. 13. Giving me Peter Holland flashbacks!

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
You will win more games than you lose if you play that way for 82

Just unfortunate about the 3 idiots that fed Dallas tonight.

This is really the attitude I have with this game. 3 less braindead mistakes and 3 less posts in our way and this is quite possibly a 3-0 shutout and we're all over the moon.

Reactions: 0point1

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Call me crazy, but I want Hayton at center with Crouse and Grabner. I want that as a shut down line as Hayton is a 200 foot center. We wouldn't be risking the season by giving him some games. We're not a playoff team yet, as I see it, although we're way, way ahead of last year. I'd give him his 9 games to see where he really is.

To continue, Keller doesn't have the size for a 1C. He can't help but get manhandled. I want him on the wing or a center only in home games where we get the last change.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
well, it could be worse, I watched the Buffalo game up to the Coyotes game because center ice is free right now...and Buffalo is terrible...absolutely 'zero' coaching there. Housley is terrible.

Heard they got booed off the ice in multiple periods.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
NHL is a game of Mistakes and goal tending.

Raanta gave up one bad goal/2 D pinch at same time, we give up another one, Big Ben was solid. We weren't out played so that is good. Not much else to tell from game 1.

Reactions: Jakey53

cobra427

May 6, 2012
What I saw was the need for a big menacing player to stick up for our large number of smaller guys. Hopefully Lyubushkin plays on Saturday

Loved Crouses game. Loved Fischer’s game.

Strome looked well out there too. If anything I think Strome may have bumped Keller back to wing. He was our best center tonight.

Cousins looked like he couldn’t stay on his skates at all. Every time the camera was on him the guy was falling lol.

Sloppy two minutes determined the game. When I was watching I liked our puck battles and liked the pressure. Those two minutes seriously killed them. I pretty much watched everything outside that two minutes because I took the dog for a quick walk lol

With all this said, missing Dvo and Galchenyuk really shows. I do think Strome earned himself better minutes and line mates though.
Sorry, Strome was ok at best, not our best C tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad