GDT: Game 1: Coyotes @ Stars | 10/4/18 5:30 p.m. PDT | FS-A | The regular season sucks

mpir3

Apr 7, 2010
Everyone's blaming Perlini for that 3rd goal...Before the play even got to Perlini I yelled out loud wtf is Connauton doing! That goal's on him in my opinion. Perlini definitely didn't play it great but Connauton left him out to dry.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
And thus ends the Clayton Keller, NHL center experiment.

Strome outplayed Stepan, think Tocchet will be joining team Strome.

Holy PP, that was entertaining. Loved Grabner and Crouse’s PK shifts too.

Perlini finishes the game with Kempe and Crouse, ouch.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Everyone's blaming Perlini for that 3rd goal...Before the play even got to Perlini I yelled out loud wtf is Connauton doing! That goal's on him in my opinion. Perlini definitely didn't play it great but Connauton left him out to dry.

Yep. Saw Connauton and Goligoski below the dots and thought "This won't end well."

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona

This is correct.

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I like how powerful and fast Crouse and Fischer look. Cousins had a nice, annoying little rat game. Richardson playing above 4th line is a disaster. Grabner was good. Strome was good. Hinostroza was good. Keller is a god. Perlini needs to take a deep breath and relax his hands on his stick and stop missing the f***ing net.

Goligoski and Demers were asleep. Flat footed. Totally unprepared. Lazy ass vets with no fire. Inexcusable. Especially after both were so god awful to start last season. Stepan learned his lesson. These two clowns didn’t. Stepan came into camp ready. Demers was laughing off training camp in his last interview like he’s above practice. He looked like a fat loser tonight. He needs to be healthy scratched for Lyubushkin on Saturday. If you’re going to act like campnis a joke you better f***ing play a serious game in the opener. What a dip shit.

Glad Strome had a good game and seemed to earn chances from Tocchet. It’s a great sign with Galchenyuk and Dvorak out for who knows long and coming back in who knows what shape. We need Strome to build on this.

My lineup for Saturday:

Panik-Stepan-Hinostroza
Perlini-Keller-Grabner
Crouse-Strome-Fischer
Cousins-Richardson-Kempe

OEL-Hjalmarsson
Connauton-Oesterle
Goligoski-Lyubushkin

Raanta

Reactions: CC96 and Yandover

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
That's where I put most of the blame as well. Gogo has multiple stupid plays.
If Goligoski continues to play poorly for a majority of this season, as he did the last 2, I can't defend him anymore. I wrote off his first season because he was new here and had previously shown that it takes him time to adjust. I wrote off his season last year due to a new system and the team being garbage for ~4 months. If he ***** the bed this season, get him out. You can't have a player who only shows up for 30ish games a season eating up $5+ mil on the roster.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If Goligoski continues to play poorly for a majority of this season, as he did the last 2, I can't defend him anymore. I wrote off his first season because he was new here and had previously shown that it takes him time to adjust. I wrote off his season last year due to a new system and the team being garbage for ~4 months. If he ***** the bed this season, get him out. You can't have a player who only shows up for 30ish games a season eating up $5+ mil on the roster.
He’s definitely been bad for at least the first 20 games of each of his first two seasons here. I really can’t believe we flew this guy out and gave him the star treatment and the full court press to sign like he was John Tavares and we never even gave Keith Yandle a phone call.

Even when Goligoski is at his absolute best, he’s still a clear step down from Yandle. Yandle is a better leader a more dynamic player, and shows up every single game. He’s a much, much more valuable defenseman. It makes me sick that we traded him. It makes me more sick that we had such a boner for Goligoski and gave Yandle the cold shoulder in UFA.

EDIT: haha! Boner gets redacted ?!?!? That’s hilarious.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
He’s definitely been bad for at least the first 20 games of each of his first two seasons here. I really can’t believe we flew this guy out and gave him the star treatment and the full court press to sign like he was John Tavares and we never even gave Keith Yandle a phone call.

Even when Goligoski is at his absolute best, he’s still a clear step down from Yandle. Yandle is a better leader a more dynamic player, and shows up every single game. He’s a much, much more valuable defenseman. It makes me sick that we traded him. It makes me more sick that we had such a ***** for Goligoski and gave Yandle the cold shoulder in UFA.

EDIT: haha! ***** gets redacted ?!?!? That’s hilarious.
I wasnt stoked about the Yandle trade but it made sense and at the time was fine with the return. I also see why we might not bringing him back in FA. I would rather have him as well though, guy is a great player and class act. I would take him over Goligoski 8 days of the week. Yandle had his lapses in judgement but you always felt like he was trying. I can't say the same for Goligoski.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Panik - Stepan - Hinostroza
Perlini- Srome - Keller
Crouse - Hayton (yup) - Fisher
Cousins - Richardson - Grabner

OEL - Hammer
Connauton - Oesterle
Goligoski - Libby

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Is it weird to want Grabner Strome and Keller as a line? I don't mind the last two together but I think they'd be good with a veteran wing with them that can settle them down.

Tonight the Perlini Keller Hino line seemed a bit flustered at times and running around.

With Grabner, he'd provide some speed and defense, and can score goals (or so we hope)... I liked his game overall tonight.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Also, it was a bit embarrassing seeing Goligoski talking with Radulov on the whistle before playing horrible defense against him when he got scored on. If you're gonna talk some smack, back it up.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
My reaction to tonight's game is a picture I drew for a GDT last year:

9joaSeo.png

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
I want Chucky with Strome or Keller. Bad. I suppose you could put Strome on the wing and have Chucky at center, although Strome was good in the dot tonight. Put Chucky with a guy who can set him up.

BUT that requires an extremely responsible winger on the other side. Grabner?

Also, hoping when Dvo and Chucky are back, it is an easy switch slotting them into the lineup and sending Kempe down and putting Richardson in the press box. Run Stepan, Strome, Dvo, and Cousins down the middle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad