GDT: GAME 1 - Avalanhe vs Cracen - 8PM MT - Emergency GDT

How many times do we panic and write off the season tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 47 53.4%

Votes: 2 2.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.3%

Votes: 6 6.8%

Votes: 5 5.7%

Votes: 26 29.5%

• Total voters

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
That sums up this whole f***ing season so far....

I mean, come on, we are getting injured during warm-ups..? That´s a new level......

I'm assuming he was carrying the injury and thought he could play through it, but I guess it's possible it occurred in warmups, which, yeah, would encapsulate the season nicely.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Just one game. No way in hell the top players stay this quiet
They will not.

I´m sure we take Game 2 with our big guns and Playoff-Nate showing up to split the series. And then go on from there.

If (!!!) game 2 is another stinker like tonight and we might find us down 0-2, yup, then we can push the panic button and start to prepare for the worst. But i don´t believe it will come that far. Not for a second.

Losing game 1 at home sucks.. Always. But it´s not the end of the series. If you can´t overcome this, especially as defending champion, you don´t have any businees in the playoffs. Then you better switch the ice with a golf course and be done with it.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Mistake prone teams don't go very far in the playoffs, and the Avs were a treasure trove of giveaways & turnovers all season long, which has now carried over into Game 1 of this series. Keep it up, and the "defending champ" Avs are gonna get bounced in the 1st round by a 2nd year expansion team.

True. That was very noticeable issue.

I think Bednar is gonna have to separate Mack and Mikko if they want to get through this series. The Kraken had to shut down one line tonight and did a good job of it other than the one goal. The 2nd line isn’t going to do much as is with Nuke not 100% and Compher being in over his head.

Hopefully Cogs and JJ can go game 2.

Nuke-Mack-ERod
Lehk-JTC-Mikko
Cogs-Eller-Malgin
Nieto-Newhook-LOC

Toews-Makar
Byram-Manson
JJ-G

I agree. We looked completely one line team .

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Still f***ing pissed off. My blood boils at this team's roster in these playoffs. I'm not gonna go into it because it's been repeated ad nauseam but f*** man. Doesn't help when the Kraken are 4-lines deep and play a heavy style. We don't match up well against that at all.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
True. That was very noticeable issue.

I agree. We looked completely one line team .

Bednar kind of made it a one line team with that Top-6 configuration. It should obviously be Nuke-Mack-Rodrigo and then Leks-SoB-Rants if you're looking for a dual threat. The only time we saw Rants play with his buddy Leks he just about set him up for a goal. The way Bednar has it setup, 62-37-13 could be a decent line but there isn't much in the way of playmaking ability there. Pretty sure we'll see that change next game.

Overall, I'm not super surprised with the results from last night's game. I knew that after having to 'win out' to take the division, we were due for a stinker or a let-down game. It was either going to be Game #1 or Game #2. I don't think the Avs played their game last night and they let the Kraken take the game to them early. We looked better in the second half of the game and hit a few posts and while Grubauer made some nice saves, he also made a few where he was like "huh? that hit me"? We'll see how Game #2 goes, I'm expecting a much better showing and a big Avs win.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Even though Game 1 was very fast paced, this felt like the type of game that could have been 1-1 heading into OT. The difference was the Kraken were very solid defensively, while the Avalanche made a few bone headed that ended up in the back of their net.

I thought Colorado had finally seized momentum in the late 2nd/early 3rd, but Josh Manson gift wrapped the dagger goal to Seattle.

That was a special kind of bad performance by Manson, by the way. In 10 minutes of ice time, his game was the skater equivalent of a goalie giving up 7 goals. I have a feeling we'll be talking about Manson's Game 1 for a long time - he was brutal.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Shrug... not the start I hoped for, but I saw a few things to build on.

This team was due to be shut down like that. They played with the intensity of a big regular season game, not the playoff intensity we saw last season during the whole run. A few players were horrible, Mason stood out in a bad way. I hope that's just rust more than anything else, but gift wrapping that 3rd goal right as the Avs were taking control in the 3rd was one of his worst plays as an Avalanche player.

I really believe we will see a much different team in game 2. The Kraken played about as well as they possibly can imo. They finished their high danger chances while the Avs hit posts, fumbled the puck and Gru made a few great saves.

Game 2 is super important. Can't go into Seattle down 0-2. Gotta tie it back up.

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006
My thoughts:

- Seattle played a VERY good game
- We did not
- They got every bounce. Whether it was us hitting posts, or two fortunate bounces for them that led to goals.
- Grubauer stopped 35/36. Can he keep that up?
- We are better on the road than at home this year
- Seattle is not good at home

I think whoever wins game two wins the series. If we get it we will get it rollin and will be a 5 or 6 game series. If they do I still think we can do it but will be very hard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad