Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 - 1/14 7:07 pm - Hibernation ends in beautiful downtown Newark - NESN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Well....okay, I'll let it slide just this once! :laugh: :heart:

*Chapter 3, paragraph 2: Bruins fan shall root for whoever is playing against the Montreal Canadiens, even the Maple Leafs, the Lightning & the Flyers*

*Chapter 3, paragraph 2, subsection 1993: Bruins fans may root for a Canadiens win in the regular season under the following circumstances:

a) The win will cause the Bruins to make the playoffs (or is likely to significantly increase their chances.)
b) The Canadiens have already been eliminated from the playoffs, and a win by the Canadiens will give a Western Conference team a better shot at the #1 draft pick

Under such circumstances, it is imperative to note that the Bruins fan is not truly rooting for the Canadiens to win; rather, they are rooting for another team to lose.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Maybe we need to come up with a sort of “Bruins Ten Commandments” and make a sticky? The Forum has its rules of conduct, but maybe some additional rules for the Bruin sub-forum? Complete with penalties...?

Just a thought.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I get that you hate the Leafs. We all do.

But even leaning towards the Habs is not kosher. Not at all.

I don't even really hate the Leafs. I love a good rivalry in sport and there are teams I dislike for various reasons but I'm just not a hater, and that applies equally to my local sports so it's not just a result of being a Bruins/hockey fan from afar. Life's too short.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Friendly Devils fan here just saying hi and hoping we have a great game tomorrow! The Bruins have had our number for a long while now so it will be a good test to start the season with.

Interesting players on the Devils to watch would be Sharangovich (nicknamed Rango) who ended last season in the AHL with a bang and then continued this year by being the leading goal scorer for his KHL team. He was definitely the most impressive player during the training camp. Now its time to see if he can transfer that success to the NHL I can see him having a good start simply because he's been playing all this time and doing well while lots of other players are still shaking off the 10 month rust.

Kuokkanen Also had a good camp and will probably end up being on the 3rd line later this season.

Finally Ty Smith Looks like he is definitely ready for the big show and I can definitely see him working his way up the lineup and gaining more minutes as the season progresses.

Hischier is currently injured while Bratt and Vatanen are currently trying to get into the U.S and then do their mandatory quarantine. When they return I believe Bratt will take Rango's spot who will then move down to the 3rd or 4th line. Hischier's return will probably force Zacha to the wing and Vatanen will Tennyson.

Hope this info helps!

Are there any Bruins rookies or player developments that Devil fans should look out for? Like who is replaing Chara's place now that he is gone?

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I don't even really hate the Leafs. I love a good rivalry in sport and there are teams I dislike for various reasons but I'm just not a hater, and that applies equally to my local sports so it's not just a result of being a Bruins/hockey fan from afar. Life's too short.
My absolute favorite thing about Boston Bruins hockey is their rivalry with the Canadiens.

“Hate” is a very strong word, but I have a strenuous dislike of that hockey team from Montreal.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Friendly Devils fan here just saying hi and hoping we have a great game tomorrow! The Bruins have had our number for a long while now so it will be a good test to start the season with.

Interesting players on the Devils to watch would be Sharangovich (nicknamed Rango) who ended last season in the AHL with a bang and then continued this year by being the leading goal scorer for his KHL team. He was definitely the most impressive player during the training camp. Now its time to see if he can transfer that success to the NHL I can see him having a good start simply because he's been playing all this time and doing well while lots of other players are still shaking off the 10 month rust.

Kuokkanen Also had a good camp and will probably end up being on the 3rd line later this season.

Finally Ty Smith Looks like he is definitely ready for the big show and I can definitely see him working his way up the lineup and gaining more minutes as the season progresses.

Hischier is currently injured while Bratt and Vatanen are currently trying to get into the U.S and then do their mandatory quarantine. When they return I believe Bratt will take Rango's spot who will then move down to the 3rd or 4th line. Hischier's return will probably force Zacha to the wing and Vatanen will Tennyson.

Hope this info helps!

Are there any Bruins rookies or player developments that Devil fans should look out for? Like who is replaing Chara's place now that he is gone?
Thank you.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
My absolute favorite thing about Boston Bruins hockey is their rivalry with the Canadiens.

“Hate” is a very strong word, but I have a strenuous dislike of that hockey team from Montreal.

That's fine - no judgment from me! I completely understand why most Bruins fans absolutely loathe the Canadiens and I'm fully on board with the rivalry. Nothing better than a good clash between the two teams, especially when Boston takes it to them. I guess I'm just not quite as intense in my feelings on the matter as some.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Hope this info helps!

Thanks for the info! Jeremy Lauzon's probably the young man to look out for who's widely expected to get first crack at taking Chara's spot skating 1st pair with McAvoy. Otherwise up front we have high hopes for Jack Studnicka filling in for Pastrnak. Long-term he should be a center but playing wing for now will give him good experience, especially rolling with Bergeron and Marchand.

Enjoy the game!

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
That's fine - no judgment from me! I completely understand why most Bruins fans absolutely loathe the Canadiens and I'm fully on board with the rivalry. Nothing better than a good clash between the two teams, especially when Boston takes it to them. I guess I'm just not quite as intense in my feelings on the matter as some.
The strong feelings most of us have regarding the Canadiens come from years - even decades - of being on the wrong end of this rivalry. For some of us, this rivalry has been passed down.

I’m a third-generation Bruins fan. Despising the Canadiens has been passed down, too.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Not sure why, but I have way less excitement and interest this year than any other year I ever remember since I started being a Bruins fan in 1983. It must be from COVID and everything that has come from it, but it feels strange. Hopefully things will change once games start for real. Anyone else feel like this?
Me and I hate it. I will be watching and posting I (like many others) have been in a terrible funk.

GO B's !

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I feel the total opposite of that. I can't wait for puck drop. I could watch hockey every day for 12 months a year. Covid era finds me with way more time on my hands so I'm particularly looking forward to hockey this year. First it gives me something to do and second I just plain love hockey. The summer months when things are normal are hard enough for me , but now we're getting longer breaks and less games. The only positive here is that once this season is over it won't be as long for the next one to start. These are strange days, with all that's going in the world I can certainly understand people who are not up for hockey though.

All that said, LET'S GO BRUINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope to feel this way soon. I hope the B's play well and get us all into it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad