Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 - 1/14 7:07 pm - Hibernation ends in beautiful downtown Newark - NESN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Friendly Devils fan here just saying hi and hoping we have a great game tomorrow! The Bruins have had our number for a long while now so it will be a good test to start the season with.

Interesting players on the Devils to watch would be Sharangovich (nicknamed Rango) who ended last season in the AHL with a bang and then continued this year by being the leading goal scorer for his KHL team. He was definitely the most impressive player during the training camp. Now its time to see if he can transfer that success to the NHL I can see him having a good start simply because he's been playing all this time and doing well while lots of other players are still shaking off the 10 month rust.

Kuokkanen Also had a good camp and will probably end up being on the 3rd line later this season.

Finally Ty Smith Looks like he is definitely ready for the big show and I can definitely see him working his way up the lineup and gaining more minutes as the season progresses.

Hischier is currently injured while Bratt and Vatanen are currently trying to get into the U.S and then do their mandatory quarantine. When they return I believe Bratt will take Rango's spot who will then move down to the 3rd or 4th line. Hischier's return will probably force Zacha to the wing and Vatanen will Tennyson.

Hope this info helps!

Are there any Bruins rookies or player developments that Devil fans should look out for? Like who is replaing Chara's place now that he is gone?
Could you send Recchi back to us? lol

BruinsDude

Jan 18, 2007
Whitman, Ma
f13d71e5394dbc6586e643f1a7bd0372--bruins-hockey-ice-hockey.jpg

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Don't know much about this Devil team. Have they improved? Could they surprise anyone?

They can win single games of course but playoffs is a long shot unless Subban can get back to form. Blackwood will be interesting because (IIRC) NJD has the least B2B's so he will get a lot of starts.

A lot of pressure on Hughes. He has had 1 full year to get some muscle and practice so I expect him to be great.

Then they have this belarusian kid that scored 17 goals in 34 games in KHL.

Other than that, they suck pretty hard.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
They can win single games of course but playoffs is a long shot unless Subban can get back to form. Blackwood will be interesting because (IIRC) NJD has the least B2B's so he will get a lot of starts.

A lot of pressure on Hughes. He has had 1 full year to get some muscle and practice so I expect him to be great.

They didn't do much in the off-season for additions. They added Ryan Murray who can be a good top 4 d-men, but he doesn't stay healthy. They also added Andreas Johnsson who played at a 40pt pace for TOR.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

They also have Nico Hischier who was the first pick in the 2017 draft.

aguineapig

Mc the truck. Comeback Carlo. J Lau on the down low. Miller time. Jakub climbing the ladder. Gryz loaded for Bear. Shot of Cliffy hockey when needed. Urho and Moore insure. D will be fine.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Can’t say I’m optimistic about this years team. They did not improve from last year. It’s one thing to replace 1 of your top 4 dmen with a prospect/developing player. It’s another to replace 2. Hate to say it but this is a bridge year in managements eyes even if I think they will make the playoffs just won’t be as competitive.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Friendly Devils fan here just saying hi and hoping we have a great game tomorrow! The Bruins have had our number for a long while now so it will be a good test to start the season with.

Interesting players on the Devils to watch would be Sharangovich (nicknamed Rango) who ended last season in the AHL with a bang and then continued this year by being the leading goal scorer for his KHL team. He was definitely the most impressive player during the training camp. Now its time to see if he can transfer that success to the NHL I can see him having a good start simply because he's been playing all this time and doing well while lots of other players are still shaking off the 10 month rust.

Kuokkanen Also had a good camp and will probably end up being on the 3rd line later this season.

Finally Ty Smith Looks like he is definitely ready for the big show and I can definitely see him working his way up the lineup and gaining more minutes as the season progresses.

Hischier is currently injured while Bratt and Vatanen are currently trying to get into the U.S and then do their mandatory quarantine. When they return I believe Bratt will take Rango's spot who will then move down to the 3rd or 4th line. Hischier's return will probably force Zacha to the wing and Vatanen will Tennyson.

Hope this info helps!

Are there any Bruins rookies or player developments that Devil fans should look out for? Like who is replaing Chara's place now that he is gone?

There will be some new faces to watch on this Bruins team this year:

Rookies:
Jeremy Lauzon will begin his full time NHL career taking Chara's spot as the LD to Charlie McAvoy on the first pairing.
Jakob Zboril will be making a case to stay in the NHL as the third pairings LD with Kevan Miller.
Top forward prospect Jack Studnicka will start his NHL career on the first line taking injured Pastrnaks spot at RW.

Vets:
Matt Gryzlcyk will be taking Krugs spot as 2nd pairing LD with Carlo
Kevan Miller makes an impressive return from several possibly career-ending injuries to anchor the 3rd pairing on the right side.
Kase will continue to play the RW side to Krejci on the 2nd line since being acquired from Anaheim(he has not played enough games to really get a good grasp on him yet)
Also acquired from Anaheim, Nick Ritchie will stay on the third line centered by Charlie Coyle and newly signed FA Craig Smith formerly of Nashville.
(This is a very large, puck protection focused line. They will bring good energy, snarl, and a scoring touch and could be a very dangerous depth line in the NHL.)
Anders Bjork of Notre Dam is moved down from the 3rd to 4th line giving that line some offensive flavor.

A much younger and faster Bruins team with a 3rd line that has swagger. Even without Rocket Richard trophy winner David Pastrnak this is a top tier team in the east.
Will be very interesting to see how the kids play out. If they do well this could be a surprise team in the NHL after losing 2 top 4 Defensemen in Chara & Krug.
If there are stutters in the youth they could fall to a bubble team.

Either way, should be an interesting team to watch this season.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I've got 5 things that would mean the difference of having a good regular season or not.

1. Not as reliant on Perfection for scoring.
2. Kase stays healthy and gets some chemistry with 46 and 74.
3. Lauzon is effective in Z's spot.
4. Rask.
5. How good is the D depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad