Post-Game Talk: Gallagher!!!! Habs shock Blues with seconds left, 3-2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Can I had Brooks as well, I believe he could really be a solid 2nd pairing defenceman.

Kulak looks really dominant as well so far in Laval, could be a pretty good 3rd pairing replacement for Alzner, no?

Rielly-Weber
Mete-Petry
Brook-Juulsen

Not a bad D-corps for next year! Have Schlemko/Alzner as the 7/8 guys if we can't offload one or both of them throughout the year.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I can't wait to see Weber with this squad. He's one of the best players in the league. People forgot that when Price sucked last year, and because he was playing on one leg until he went on IR. Just hope that the year off and missed training camp won't prevent him from having a good season this year. But if he's not great again this season he'll be great next season and for the rest of his career. This whole Weber sucks thing is ridiculous, he's a great player.

Weber in his last full season with us was top 10 in Norris voting. Team also won its division that year. People easily forget. Once Weber comes back goals are going to dry up for the opposition when he is on the ice. And he will most likely score 10 goals for us, maybe 5 or 6 on the PP.

Petry on the 2nd pair would make this team much better.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
When players are having fun, the fans will also have fun

Claude even said at the end of the day we area in the entertainment business. I believe this mindset is partly helping the fun hockey we arr seeing. There is not alot I like less then stifling defensive hockey.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I haven't watched as much as I'd like to but i have to say the mood in these pgts is fantastic compared to years past.

What the hell happened? Guys just decided to have fun watching hockey again?
it helps that expectations were so low and the guys came out flying with a completely new system and winning. It's actually fun to watch the games again.

for all the flack Bergevin got for the "attitude" comment in the summer, he may not have been wrong tbh. Something is different here.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Maybe it was not the worst D squad in the league at the end of the day?
definitely not but you have to admit, we thought we were getting Alzner and Benn as our top two LHD. I don't think anyone expected Reilly to progress so much that he's become a legitimate top-4 defenseman who answers our mobile LHD issue, along with Mete sticking and Juulsen looking like an absolute veteran.

Reactions: Runner77

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I haven't watched as much as I'd like to but i have to say the mood in these pgts is fantastic compared to years past.

What the hell happened? Guys just decided to have fun watching hockey again?

To be fair, hockey was not fun to watch the past 2-3 years. A lot of die hard fans had troubles finding anything exciting about those teams.

I just hope this level of play continues. I think it will because it's coming from youthfulness, speed and energy. I don't see those things going away. It's not like we're getting abnormally lucky, or are spending all of our energy early.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
When players are having fun, the fans will also have fun

Confirms what Julien was saying the other day -- Habs are in the entertainment business. He can thank Ducharme for saving them from the mausoleum where they were housed in, last year.

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Maybe it was not the worst D squad in the league at the end of the day?

Still a pretty bad defensive squad.....won't change my mind about that. Like i've said many times already, all the credits goes to the coaching staff here.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Hey, does it feel like offense in the league is up to anyone else?

Scoring is usually up at the start of the year isn't it? Then games clamp down

Confirms what Julien was saying the other day -- Habs are in the entertainment business. He can thank Ducharme for saving them from the mausoleum where they were housed last year.

At this point credit has to be spread around to the rest of management as well, Richardson for sure with what he's done to the D.

Also, anyone heard about the hotdogs? @MXD what about the butter chicken?

Reactions: gee

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
This isnt a cup contender team. This core isnt cup contending. This team is ruining the tank and rebuild with this anomalous hotstreak!

100% during the time of the lottery we look back at this stretch and wonder "what if" when we lose out.

Reactions: Runner77

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
it helps that expectations were so low and the guys came out flying with a completely new system and winning. It's actually fun to watch the games again.

for all the flack Bergevin got for the "attitude" comment in the summer, he may not have been wrong tbh. Something is different here.
Clean slate, zero expectations ( ala Vegas last year ) and a broken clock is right twice a day....

Kudos to the coaching staff for getting these guys to buy in to what they are selling. The games are much more fun to watch, still frustrating at times, but more fun. The last 3 seasons the Habs have been just awful to watch.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
definitely not but you have to admit, we thought we were getting Alzner and Benn as our top two LHD. I don't think anyone expected Reilly to progress so much that he's become a legitimate top-4 defenseman who answers our mobile LHD issue, along with Mete sticking and Juulsen looking like an absolute veteran.

Well, you just underrated the players in place...

Still a pretty bad defensive squad.....won't change my mind about that. Like i've said many times already, all the credits goes to the coaching staff here.

Sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad