Post-Game Talk: Gallagher!!!! Habs shock Blues with seconds left, 3-2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Obviously there's a lot more of the season to be played and we could still get a top-5 pick, but if not I think the hope will be that Kotkaniemi/Poehling/Suzuki give us a "stud-lite" kind of lineup. No superstar like McDavid or Crosby, but more of a Bergeron/Krejci model for winning the Cup
Oh for sure. It's way too early to say anything about that. I am just saying that top 5 picks aren't always the answer.

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
I am happy. I didn't think I would be happy because I wanted us to tank for Hughes, but winning these games recently has me feeling good. I didn't think that was possible because of my irrational hatred of Bergevin.

I like feeling good and I want to continue to feel good so I hope that the team continues to win and shock everyone. I know it won't be popular because we won't get a high draft pick but I've decided to be selfish and just care about my feelings instead of the big picture.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Obviously there's a lot more of the season to be played and we could still get a top-5 pick, but if not I think the hope will be that Kotkaniemi/Poehling/Suzuki give us a "stud-lite" kind of lineup. No superstar like McDavid or Crosby, but more of a Bergeron/Krejci model for winning the Cup

Can I had Brooks as well, I believe he could really be a solid 2nd pairing defenceman.

Kulak looks really dominant as well so far in Laval, could be a pretty good 3rd pairing replacement for Alzner, no?

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
The third period was brutal though... This needs to be corrected...

I agree, they took the foot off the pedal holding onto the lead, but they started applying pressure again once the Blues tied it, good to see they're capable of turning it around.

Reactions: Belial

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
Has Weber done anything to deserve this? No

Thats the problem. Weber simply hasn't done much of anything with the habs. He's been injured now for over a year and whenever I saw him he was blasting pucks either into the forwards pads or missing the net.

He certainly didn't deserve the C over Gallagher and will never be looked at as the captain in my eyes.
Hopefully Gallagher will be a hab for life and he was certainly deserving. Not Weber who can't even play through a little bit of pain.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I haven't watched as much as I'd like to but i have to say the mood in these pgts is fantastic compared to years past.

What the hell happened? Guys just decided to have fun watching hockey again?

I'll keep my high standard for this team. Still hate Bergevin and it doesn't excuses all the mistakes he made ove the years.
Lose or win, i've been craving for a good show in a long time. That's a good show for now and i'm going to enjoy it despites the fact i hate the GM.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Scenario #1, the ideal scenario, is missing the playoffs by one point to inspire hope in our young talent and we get SUPER lucky like Carolina did to get a top-3 pick and select one of Hughes/Kakko/Cozens/Dach.

Scenario #2, is making the playoffs and eliminating Toronto in round 1 where Kotkaniemi becomes an absolute beast and helps shutdown the top-2. :naughty:

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Scenario #1, the ideal scenario, is missing the playoffs by one point to inspire hope in our young talent and we get SUPER lucky like Carolina did to get a top-3 pick and select one of Hughes/Kakko/Cozens/Dach.

Scenario #2, is making the playoffs and eliminating Toronto in round 1 where Kotkaniemi becomes an absolute beast and helps shutdown the top-2. :naughty:
ill take #2

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Way to go Gallagher. The real captain. Not the slow washed up injured captain.

I can't wait to see Weber with this squad. He's one of the best players in the league. People forgot that when Price sucked last year, and because he was playing on one leg until he went on IR. Just hope that the year off and missed training camp won't prevent him from having a good season this year. But if he's not great again this season he'll be great next season and for the rest of his career. This whole Weber sucks thing is ridiculous, he's a great player.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Wah wah wah. He's lucky he had a sucker named Bergevin gift him 23 million dollars to play like ass.

Also, Dennis Wideman... lol. I'm sure coaches are still scared of him.

After that comment by Alzner...that's what you choose to respond with?

Jeez

Reactions: Natey

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Either win the lottery or grab a pasta/tarasenko/karlsson with a mid round pick,a lottery in itself.

But i do lovethe idea of a hopeless underdog in the playoffs against the leafs

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
At this point you have to ask who are the pro scouts recommending these guys to Bergevin? They deserve a ton of credit here.

Bergevin mostly watches the Habs. Someone else saw Reilly

Problem is, it's probably the same guys that commanded King, Martinsen and Ott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad