Post-Game Talk: Gallagher!!!! Habs shock Blues with seconds left, 3-2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
At this point you have to ask who are the pro scouts recommending these guys to Bergevin? They deserve a ton of credit here.

Bergevin mostly watches the Habs. Someone else saw Reilly

I know Bergevin was our scouting him too. He went to New Jersey specifically to watch him and Reilly had his best game of the season, which sold him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Oloffson can stay healthy...

I think we'll be as pleasantly surprised.

Not as offensive as Reilly, but moves the puck really efficiently and is solid in his own zone.

If he's a solid bottom pairing dman that would be great.

Reactions: 417

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
The overeactions are crazy funny tho. Kudos.

images (9).jpeg

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
It's actually fun to watch this team. You don't need a top 5 pick to get a stud, you can very well get those studs in the mid to late teens. Even though it would be nice to get another top pick, good drafting needs to be what pushes this team over the top, not top 5 picks.

Obviously there's a lot more of the season to be played and we could still get a top-5 pick, but if not I think the hope will be that Kotkaniemi/Poehling/Suzuki give us a "stud-lite" kind of lineup. No superstar like McDavid or Crosby, but more of a Bergeron/Krejci model for winning the Cup

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
At this point you have to ask who are the pro scouts recommending these guys to Bergevin? They deserve a ton of credit here.

Bergevin mostly watches the Habs. Someone else saw Reilly

It was probably intel from the archives.

Habs were one of ten teams who were in on Reilly in 2015, when he was a free agent. They liked him then, they still liked when Minny no longer had room for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->