Post-Game Talk: Gallagher!!!! Habs shock Blues with seconds left, 3-2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
When you trade a 93 beat up chevy with 100,000 clicks on it for a Ferrari that's the result your going to get. Sure the 93 chevy might have been good in its day but it has some miles on it and is breaking down now.

Talk to me the next time Weber scores a goal. I'll be awaiting your reply
Ferrari - great analogy. Good for looking flashy and getting yourself into trouble and not much else.

Nashvillle board is that a way ----->

Reactions: CDN24 and Zorba

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
It'll be interesting to see what happens to the D once Schlemko is healthy.
My guess is Mete will head to Laval. I love the kid and I'm not sure I would be happy about it, but 50-60 games under Joel Bouchard wouldn't hurt a young d-man. And it would give him one more year of "physical seasoning".

Reactions: jaffy27

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
Ferrari - great analogy. Good for looking flashy and getting yourself into trouble and not much else.

Nashvillle board is that a way ----->

At least the Ferrari drives. The crappy old Chevy has been in the garage sputtering for over a year.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
In my opinion Weber never really was that great. A big slow oaf with a big shot. He certainly was never worthy of being named to Canada's Olympic team and certainly wasn't near the return we should have gotten for PK. Its not a coincidence that Nashville made one small trade and went to the finals one year and won the presidents trophy the next...thats how much better I believe pk is compared to Weber.

I was hoping he would change my mind but his career in Montreal has been mired in injury and poor play. Can anyone name a big play he made...a key playoff goal or hit or fight? I sure can't but I can recall numerous times where pk did. Is Weber even the best defenseman on the habs? I would take a healthy Jeff petry or Victor mete over him anyday.
HOLY CLUELESS BATMAN!!!! :facepalm:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Are you for real?

Guy was playing with a completely broken body last year and he didn't say a damn thing
He’s absolutely clueless......don’t even bother. I’ve never blocked anyone after 1 post but I think it may happen here.....it’s just too un-genuine

It’s like someone telling you habs did not beat the Blues yesterday when they in fact did

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
He’s absolutely clueless......don’t even bother. I’ve never blocked anyone after 1 post but I think it may happen here.....it’s just too un-genuine

It’s like someone telling you habs did not beat the Blues yesterday when they in fact did

The habs did win yesterday. Thanks to the real captain Brendan Gallagher. That was my initial argument. I didn't realize I would run into all these Weber fan girls on here

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
The habs did win yesterday. Thanks to the real captain Brendan Gallagher. That was my initial argument. I didn't realize I would run into all these Weber fan girls on here
He plays for the habs, why wouldnt we be fans of him?

Ironically enough you hate him because you're a bit of a "fan girl" yourself.

Most of this board is over their ex, time for you to move on too.

Reactions: jaffy27

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
He plays for the habs, why wouldnt we be fans of him?

Ironically enough you hate him because you're a bit of a "fan girl" yourself.

Most of this board is over their ex, time for you to move on too.

I'm not a fan of him because hes an old washed up injured defenseman. There's lots of players that play or played for the habs that I don't necessarily like. Do you think I'm big fans of Benn or alzner just because they're habs? Do you even understand hockey or do you just "love" every habs player.

Back to my initial argument. Do you think Weber deserved the C over gallagher?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'm not a fan of him because hes an old washed up injured defenseman. There's lots of players that play or played for the habs that I don't necessarily like. Do you think I'm big fans of Benn or alzner just because they're habs? Do you even understand hockey or do you just "love" every habs player.

Absolutely. I've always said an ideal captain needs the respect of his teammates, his opponents and the refs. I'm not too sure about the refs with gally

Reactions: CDN24

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Fan girls???.....you have a beef with fan girls??

Mods are gonna have a field day with you :laugh:

Old washed up oft injured D??.....I’m sure you thought the same of Markov......my guess is you’re in your early 20’s

Reactions: Habs Icing

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

Start a thread for this argument. It is a good argument to make. But don't highjack others.

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
Absolutely. I've always said an ideal captain needs the respect of his teammates, his opponents and the refs. I'm not too sure about the refs with gally

I disagree as I feel that Weber is on his last legs and we'll just end up having to name another captain in a few seasons. Let's agree to disagree though. No need for the name calling.

Routs

Dec 17, 2011
I bought Canadiens hoodie & cap and the team started playing well. Coindience
My wife bought me a Price jersey for our anniversary at the start of October and my initial thought was - "oh great, this will be the year they fall apart and he gets traded..." So far that prediction isn't looking like it will happen and I couldn't be happier!

Reactions: FinPanda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad