Post-Game Talk: Gallagher!!!! Habs shock Blues with seconds left, 3-2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Isn't offense typically up early in the season and gradually goes down as the season progresses ?
yeah. We're at 6.26 goals per game so far this season, which is even higher than the 2005-2006 post-lockout season. I have a hard time believing that keeps up, but I think we could see 5.8-6 goals per game to finish the season (last year was 5.94). The speed and skill in this league is simply too high to regress *TOO* much imo.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
This team is fun to watch.

But this isn't a cup contender.

I'm torn between just enjoying the moment and thinking they need to tank again for the future of this franchise.

You are right that this is not a cup winner... but we could be a solid trade away from entering the discussion. We do have some solid assets in Poehling/Suzuki/Brook. Not that I would advocate trading them but if the right notes are played at the right time.. you never know..

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
You are right that this is not a cup winner... but we could be a solid trade away from entering the discussion. We do have some solid assets in Poehling/Suzuki/Brook. Not that I would advocate trading them but if the right notes are played at the right time.. you never know..

200.gif

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
This isnt a cup contender team. This core isnt cup contending. This team is ruining the tank and rebuild with this anomalous hotstreak!

100% during the time of the lottery we look back at this stretch and wonder "what if" when we lose out.

What is your solution?

Maybe we should bench Gallagher to cool him off and deflate the team's morale. Reilly is playing a bit too well for the tank as well. More Alzner and Benn should help with that.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I love that we have a solid tandem in nets. Niemi did really well in Price's absence. It's important to have solid goaltending with your backup nowadays. It gave time to Price to fully recuperate without worry.

Reactions: Habitant le colon

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I'm actually not hating the habs, these guys are pulling some stunts and excecuting with perfection! I'm happy overall and about my rant of Galchenyuk is way behind me now, I can say that, with or without Hughes next year, we look forward to a fast team! I know next year will be another fabulous year!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Michel got so much hate from that (including me) but he was sooooo right.

It's clear he shouldn't have said that to random people. That was ill advised regardless of if it was true or not. But yeah, he was definitely right. Just not captain material. I'd be shocked if he ever wore a letter again on his jersey.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
This isnt a cup contender team. This core isnt cup contending. This team is ruining the tank and rebuild with this anomalous hotstreak!

100% during the time of the lottery we look back at this stretch and wonder "what if" when we lose out.

Now you are wrong

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm actually not hating the habs, these guys are pulling some stunts and excecuting with perfection! I'm happy overall and about my rant of Galchenyuk is way behind me now, I can say that, with or without Hughes next year, we look forward to a fast team! I know next year will be another fabulous year!
Must be difficult...

You know, being a Habs fan and all.

Lol

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The cup or a top pick.....both seem so far away right now......
Can't purposely force a team to suck..can't tell Gallagher to stop battling and the kids to not perform.
We are also nowhere near contention.
But hey, it seems the majority of fans don't give much crap about winning the cup. They seem perfectly content with just being entertained whenever they watch games.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Tanking does NOT work. I know this is hockey future but get over the future for once and get to the hockey.

Buffalo, Edmonton, Carolina, Colombus, Florida, nyi. Each for these guys sucked for a DECADE and they're still sucking(Carolina looks nice early for change). Pittsburgh struck gold on two generational players, that's just pure dumb luck. Same with Chicago who got stupidly lucky(watch the players drafted in 2006/2007. They could've gotten sweet nothing if they picked other players than Toews/Kane in the top 3.

Teams succeeding at tanking are the exception, not the norm. Go ahead, wish for loses and you'll be granted most likely with a decade of mediocrity.

In b4 Toronto. They're screwed beyond belief next year. Their SC window is exactly one year unless some major discounts are taken.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Must be difficult...

You know, being a Habs fan and all.

Lol
Trust me it was the shittiest habs last season and without a doubt you got an option to hate them, in this case I did, of how they failed to look into future and build something, and this season has been a big shocked as we witness and competitive habs going full throttle

Reactions: 417

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Tanking does NOT work. I know this is hockey future but get over the future for once and get to the hockey.

Buffalo, Edmonton, Carolina, Colombus, Florida, nyi. Each for these guys sucked for a DECADE and they're still sucking(Carolina looks nice early for change). Pittsburgh struck gold on two generational players, that's just pure dumb luck. Same with Chicago who got stupidly lucky(watch the players drafted in 2006/2007. They could've gotten sweet nothing if they picked other players than Toews/Kane in the top 3.

Teams succeeding at tanking are the exception, not the norm. Go ahead, wish for loses and you'll be granted most likely with a decade of mediocrity.

In b4 Toronto. They're screwed beyond belief next year. Their SC window is exactly one year unless some major discounts are taken.

i hope you're right - would be excellent karma for tanking ;)
would love to meet them as a wild card and upset them in playoffs. now THAT would be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad