Galchenyuk wins it with a beauty in OT! 3-2

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I want to see a game with Tinordi and Beaulieu playing, way easier to analyze who takes the spot that way.

Anybody noticed how Scherbak just makes himself soooooo ready for a pass? He just leans forward and stops playing :laugh:

ak90210

Sep 18, 2011
A lot can happen in this next season with London Knights, it looks like Domi & Horvat will be in the NHL. Marner may have McCarron as his RW and that could be really good icetime and experience for him, enough to warrant a good long look next training camp at the very least.:nod:

How much do you think he's going to improve this year? He had 34 points in the OHL in 2013-14, it's highly unlikely he'll be in the NHL in 2015-16 let alone on the first power play.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Galchenyuk's first step has improved so much, great to see. He looks a lot more confident and hungry out there. Last year he probably would have looked to chip the puck in or pass to the middle of the ice. Glad he's taking some more offensive chances.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Galchenyuk's first step has improved so much, great to see. He looks a lot more confident and hungry out there. Last year he probably would have looked to chip the puck in or pass to the middle of the ice. Glad he's taking some more offensive chances.

Nothing chancy about that play it's called initiative.
AG broke the box single handedly.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Bourque
Galchenyuk - Eller - Paranteau
Sekac - Plekanec - Gallagher

Whoever is on a line with Pacioretty - Desharnais will not be used much anyways so might as well have Bourque there as a warm body to fill the position. Whenever he feels like playing he might complement the tunnel vision duo.

Galchenyuk-Eller could perhaps take turns at C during the season helping Galchenyuk ease into the position. PAP would be much more useful here as his creativity might be better used as well as him being more likely to be passed the puck.

Sekac - Plekanec - Gallagher seems like a no brainer line to me. Should be really tough to play against for opposition top lines.

Last edited:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Nothing chancy about that play it's called initiative.
AG broke the box single handedly.

:facepalm:

Chance =/= Risk

It's called context. He was given a chance to take the puck to the net, and took it. Last year he would have probably dished it to the corner or looked for the pass. Not sure why you're nit picking my comment considering it was a compliment and nothing negative about it.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Scherbak needs to work on his balance, the kid falls down all the time

The kid's had a growth spurt. His legs haven't caught up.

He needs another year of Junior and IMO, will make the team after a few months in the AHL. A similar route to Gallagher.

TiCats

Nov 8, 2013
Mile End, Montreal
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Bourque
Galchenyuk - Eller - Paranteau
Sekac - Plekanec - Gallagher

Whoever is on a line with Pacioretty - Desharnais will not be used much anyways so might as well have Bourque there as a warm body to fill the position. Whenever he feels like playing he might complement the tunnel vision duo.

Galchenyuk-Eller could perhaps take turns at C during the season helping Galchenyuk ease into the position. PAP would be much more useless here as his creativity might be better used as well as him being more likely to be passed the puck.

Sekac - Plekanec - Gallagher seems like a no brainer line to me. Should be really tough to play against for opposition top lines.

Not the worst idea ever. If Bourque can play like he did in the playoffs he's basically an Eric Cole type on that line. Loved Cole when he was here.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Some observations...
Beaulieu is significantly better than Tinordi and Pateryn. Love his play with the puck at both ends of the rink. Playing with poise and confidence, making the right decisions, creating chances... The 6th spot it his.
Patches looks like he found another gear this summer. It's almost too easy for him at times. Barely put any effort into his PP goal, but scored a beauty. Expecting another huge year from him...
Galchenyuk.... He's ready for his breakout year. He needs to play center where he can carry the puck. He was skating the puck through the NZ all game, something only Eller would do last year. Agreed with Andy that his skating, especially his first steps, has improved. He undressed one of the best skaters in the league on his goal.
PaP won't work with Patches-DD. I'd put him on the 3rd with Eller. Lars loves to carry the puck, and he'd be able to find PaP. Would give us some offense from the 3rd line.
Emelin looks like last year's emelin...not a good thing.

MacKinnon is already a dominant player. I can see him get 80-90 pts this year. The kid's incredible.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I'm thinking a lot of it has to do with playing center where you pick up a lot more speed because you have way more room to skate. That's pretty much what Seguin said when he was moved to center. The space down the middle gave him a lot more room to pick up speed. I've been arguing about this for a year now. Galy at center is just the logical thing to do. It is only going to help him. He needs to play there.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
:facepalm:

Chance =/= Risk

It's called context. He was given a chance to take the puck to the net, and took it. Last year he would have probably dished it to the corner or looked for the pass. Not sure why you're nit picking my comment considering it was a compliment and nothing negative about it.

Its called sensitivity. Not sure why you would even care that i put icing on your cake.
The remark was made in good faith with no bad intent,

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Habs are breaking in the rookies this year, and that's going to make it tough to get into the playoffs, parity being so close between teams. They should try to give Galchenyuk as much center icetime as possible, all that can do is help the team's strength in the future. His goal certainly was a pretty one, seen Lafleur score a few like that one off the RW.:nod::nod:

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Some observations...
Beaulieu is significantly better than Tinordi and Pateryn. Love his play with the puck at both ends of the rink. Playing with poise and confidence, making the right decisions, creating chances... The 6th spot it his.
Patches looks like he found another gear this summer. It's almost too easy for him at times. Barely put any effort into his PP goal, but scored a beauty. Expecting another huge year from him...
Galchenyuk.... He's ready for his breakout year. He needs to play center where he can carry the puck. He was skating the puck through the NZ all game, something only Eller would do last year. Agreed with Andy that his skating, especially his first steps, has improved. He undressed one of the best skaters in the league on his goal.
PaP won't work with Patches-DD. I'd put him on the 3rd with Eller. Lars loves to carry the puck, and he'd be able to find PaP. Would give us some offense from the 3rd line.
Emelin looks like last year's emelin...not a good thing.

MacKinnon is already a dominant player. I can see him get 80-90 pts this year. The kid's incredible.

He only looks better b/c he is flashy, there is no doubt in his offensive ability there never was its all about how he will hold up in his own zone. Last night he played well in is own zone which makes me think its his spot to lose but id like to see more of the others before counting them out. Also Emelin looked more moblie then last year not sure what you saw but he was fine to me.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He only looks better b/c he is flashy, there is no doubt in his offensive ability there never was its all about how he will hold up in his own zone. Last night he played well in is own zone which makes me think its his spot to lose but id like to see more of the others before counting them out. Also Emelin looked more moblie then last year not sure what you saw but he was fine to me.

Emelin had a terrible game in his own end and was directly responsible for two goals.
Beaulieu on the other hand had a smooth game great passing and mobility.
He can get turned around on occasion but has the mobility to make up for gaffs.
All D make mistakes but the ones that end up in the back of your net kinda hurt more. :cry:

I am completely convinced that if we could play PK with Cube last year we can surely play Nate with him this year. Sit back and enjoy the show...

Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It's been my opinion since about June that Beaulieu should be playing LD with Subban. Beaulieu clearly outplayed Emelin last night and it makes a lot of sense to split Markov and Subban. Prediction's looking pretty good at this point.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's been my opinion since about June that Beaulieu should be playing LD with Subban. Beaulieu clearly outplayed Emelin last night and it makes a lot of sense to split Markov and Subban. Prediction's looking pretty good at this point.

:):laugh::handclap:

Thought came to you in a flash on the beach?

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
We all know what is should happen; Galckenyuk plays center and Bergevin trades DD
We all also know what will happen; Galchenyuk stays on the wing and DD never leaves Pacioretty's hip.

The faster you accept it the less frustrated you will be when it happens.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Emelin had a terrible game in his own end and was directly responsible for two goals.
Beaulieu on the other hand had a smooth game great passing and mobility.
He can get turned around on occasion but has the mobility to make up for gaffs.
All D make mistakes but the ones that end up in the back of your net kinda hurt more. :cry:

I am completely convinced that if we could play PK with Cube last year we can surely play Nate with him this year. Sit back and enjoy the show...

He got played by MacKinnon twice. I wouldn't be so hard on him because of that in pre-season.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He got played by MacKinnon twice. I wouldn't be so hard on him because of that in pre-season.

Well i disagree at least on the first goal.
He is counted on being and for now is our only physical LD.
He needs to be inside nate on that play and forcing him the other way using his strength.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
From EOTP

Greg Pateryn's bid to make the Habs is sinking faster than a life raft containing Martin Brodeur, a knife, and a generous portion of foie gras pâté.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad