Galchenyuk wins it with a beauty in OT! 3-2

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm just wondering cause last night I could have sworn I saw a guy #28 I think it was...
Effortlessly skate the puck out of his end gain the red line and ease some pressure.
I saw a couple of other guys trying the boards, glass, flip, suicide pass... etc.
The thing about it was nothing the latter did eased the pain...

mikeysvette

Go Seadogs!
Mar 31, 2011
Saint John
Of course they were. Patches shoots, Desharnais passes, Parenteau watches on as he is forgotten.

So wouldn't the smart thing to do is pair DD MaxPac with someone who drives the net and picks up some rebounds...hmmm who might that be.
Then pair PAP with a setup centerman and another drive to the net forward ie: Bournival

DD-MaxPac-Gallagher
Eller-Gal-Sekac
Pleky-Bourn-PAP
Malh-Weise-Prust

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
928295_814771918557752_1727328947_n.jpg

who is that ??!!??!?!!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If you have to try DD on the wings.....try him with Eller and Bourque.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
And apparently Emelin played a great game and "showed mobility" :sarcasm:

Beaulieu is head above Tinordi and Pateryn in terms of decision making and puck possession. I'd take this over multiple bone headed moves made by a physical specimen.

Beaulieu shows his worth every time he plays against guys like McKinnon and Duchene. He is going to be huge to defend speedy forwards for us.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I'm just wondering cause last night I could have sworn I saw a guy #28 I think it was...
Effortlessly skate the puck out of his end gain the red line and ease some pressure.
I saw a couple of other guys trying the boards, glass, flip, suicide pass... etc.
The thing about it was nothing the latter did eased the pain...

He played with such confidence... He does what many of our defensemen can't do: get the puck from the Dzone to the Ozone.. And with ease.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Beaulieu shows his worth every time he plays against guys like McKinnon and Duchene. He is going to be huge to defend speedy forwards for us.

He certainly kept up with both of them.
Meanwhile E couldn't make a peewee play along the boards (get in the way) turn the play.
Don't leave home without him on LD...

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
What I loved about that game was how all of our most important players who are the future of this franchise showed their ridiculous skills (Galchenyuk, Pacioretty and Subban). They still got it, and they came prepared.

Subban was absolutely dominant as usual.

Pacioretty was a monster. He was all over the ice, could have scored 3 goals easily. I think he's poised to have a career year. He looks even better than the last 2-3 seasons.

It's been brought up already but it's true that Galchenyuk looks a lot more explosive skating wise. I loved the finish on his OT goal. It's really nice to see the progress in his case.

Amongst the less established guys, everyone will agree that Thomas and Beaulieu were standouts.

Beaulieu moved the puck beautifully and showed some nice anticipation. He looked like the old Markov on a pinch at some point. We have no shortage of puck movers on this blueline. Markov, Subban, Gilbert.. and Emelin is a not deprived of puck skills. You add Beaulieu.. almost feels like we don't have enough defensive types. But at the same time, Subban/Markov can do everything on the ice so whatever.

As for Thomas, he's been the surprise of the camp so far for me. Wow.. great reads, great shot, great speed. Besides the size issue, looks to me like he's got everything to be a really good player ? And it doesn't appear to be a fluke he's been pretty much lights out the entire camp, producing like crazy and showing good stuff. He's been put in team B but I'd seriously consider him as an option atm. Cleary above Moen who brings nothing to the table and should just be buried if no one wants him.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You know if DD is traded and Patches is played with Chucky there will be a number of problems. Chucky shoots more often than DD. That cuts down on passes made to Mr Perimeter. Chucky also distributes to both his wingers. That will mean even less passes for Max. How will this board handle that?

Not sure how you see this as a problem. Chuck shoots more, meaning he's likely to score more. He distributes to both wingers meaning the opponent won't be able to simply shutdown Max.

Galy needs to play center and it's obvious.

MrDontGive

Nov 16, 2010
One thing about Beaulieu..

if we didn't have Subban on the team, everyone would say he is a superstar in the making, has world class skating and puck management and needs to polish his defensive play and decision making... basically the exact things people have said about Subban since day one.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that Beaulieu is one hell of a player and he will be in Pk's shadow for a while but if it wasnt for arguably the best defenseman in the league, he could very well be on our top 4 just because.of his talent.

He is proving, to me at least, that comparing him to Tinordi as far as potential is ridiculous.

Once again, we are lucky for this guy, and many others.

Merci Timmins ;)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

if we didn't have Subban on the team, everyone would say he is a superstar in the making, has world class skating and puck management and needs to polish his defensive play and decision making... basically the exact things people have said about Subban since day one.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that Beaulieu is one hell of a player and he will be in Pk's shadow for a while but if it wasnt for arguably the best defenseman in the league, he could very well be on our top 4 just because.of his talent.

He is proving, to me at least, that comparing him to Tinordi as far as potential is ridiculous.

Merci Timmins ;)

He is on my top 4 he's paired with PK and everyone enjoy...
believe me I'll live with it...

Somebody start given Weavy some Russian lessons

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
He is on my top 4 he's paired with PK and everyone enjoy...
believe me I'll live with it...

Somebody start given Weavy some Russian lessons ��

That pairing would be ridiculously entertaining to watch...

I've been under the impression that we need to find a big physical TWD or DFD to play with Subban, a la Seabrook / Bouwm / Phaneuf / Bogosian. The plan was for Tinordi to eventually fill this role, but I'm not sure he'll be able to get passed being a #4.

But maybe having two elite skaters with the skillsets of PK and Beaulieu on the same pairing would work wonderfully. It does take great skaters to keep up with the best forwards in the league.

PricePkPatch*

Merci Timmins ;)

Beaulieu-Subban could become our very own Keith-Seabrook in a few years. They both have the skill and the chemistry to impose themselves as permanent universal 1st pairing

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Merci Timmins ;)

Tinordi has as much potential it's just doing different things.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
I was there at the game last night and it was like a regular season ge. very intense! The best impression I recieved from the players was how intense number 60 Thomas was playing, especially near the net. Another highlight was how fast Subban was rushing down the centre in one play that was unreal. Also the goaltender Berra for the Avalanche wa pretty good, if it werent for him he score should have been 10-2 Habs.

MrDontGive

Nov 16, 2010

But that's what I'm saying though.. I don't think Tinordi will ever make a top 2... top 4 seems to be the ceiling and since hes having a worse camp than last year we can assume he, for sure, will be at least a bottom pairing D.

Brolieu has a higher ceiling, therefore I say he has more potential..

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

We will be happy if and want Tinordi to turn out like his Dad.
How do we compare a Porche to a Jeep Cherokee, when it comes to potential?
One should win the Road Course Race hands down. The other the Dirt Track.
We want Jarrod to be a Top 4 but so far he's regressed from the player we saw last year.
Hopefully tonight he gets it together. We sorely need his clout.

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
Beaulieu-Subban is a waste because there's only one puck.

I'd rather Subban handle the puck all the time on his pairing and Beaulieu handle it all the time on his pairing.

Subban
Markov
Beaulieu

Elite puck handling on every pairing. If you bump up Beaulieu then your bottom pairing has Emelin handling the puck?

Marginal utility people!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad