Galchenyuk wins it with a beauty in OT! 3-2

Analyzer*

Beaulieu played well, but every time he shot it was terrible. Either into shin pads, or a weak ass shot.

Hopefully he plays tomorrow and wires a cannon.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I gotta agree with you there he did. I think the only noticeable thing he did was hitting the post. That said if he plays more like he did in the first i think he might force his way to at least play the rest of the pre season.

Turns out he may have run out of gas. He practiced as if he wasn't playing tonight and only got penciled in after warm up...

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Аrpon Basu @ArponBasu · 20 min
Asked what he thought of his first look at the Subban-Emelin pairing, Michel Therrien said P.K. Subban played really well.

Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva · 26 min
Neck injury for Dale Weise. Doesn't look that bad but was not 100% to play tonight. #canadiens #tvasports

Un torticoli en francais.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
They just don't see DD on the wings. I don't either. But as the year progress, Chucky will no doubt show he's a better offensive C. DD will be moved on other lines...but probably still at C.
That's what I'm most afraid of -- DD without Max. Which new line mates would be the unlucky ones?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Beaulieu played well, but every time he shot it was terrible. Either into shin pads, or a weak ass shot.

Hopefully he plays tomorrow and wires a cannon.

Terry harper shot for sure...:laugh:
He needs to work on that but mobility OMG..:cry:

tears of joy

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
MT says Scherbak gets at least another game, doesn't know whether or not he'll make the team. Says Galchenyuk was highly sought after, but Scherbak has all the assets you want from a player and is similar to him.

Roy said he would dress his full NHL squad tomorrow.

really?

I feel sorry for Plekanec and Markov.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
I'd like to see that. Won't happen anytime soon though.

Hate to take Weise out, but I'm NEVER taking a healthy Bournival out. He brings too much to the table. I honestly think Malhotra could be behind Prust, Weise, and Bournival.

The inferior player clearly is Prust. A Bournival - Malhotra - Weise would give other teams headaches.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
The inferior player clearly is Prust. A Bournival - Malhotra - Weise would give other teams headaches.

Bournival shouldn't be out but neither should Prust, this team is butter soft and sitting Prust just makes a bad situation worse.

habitue*

PK Tinordi
Gilbert Emelin
Markov weaver

Give time to tye new combos to gell together.

Tinordi is not ready to play with PK and his minutes. Emelin will be fine with PK or will go back with Markov on his right side.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
That was a fun watch.

Galchenyuks first couple steps look fantastic.

Such a heads up playmaker tonight as well.

I like what I'm seeing.

habitue*

That's what I'm most afraid of -- DD without Max. Which new line mates would be the unlucky ones?

Why unlucky ? He is of our rare centre who can pass the puck.

Put him between Bourque and PAP and they will do good.

Nyway, one pre season game doesn't make a carreer. Galchenyuk can be as good if not better on a wing.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Also, I only managed to catch the 3rd, but it looked pretty darn intense for a pre-season game. Didn't feel like a pre-season game at all, actually.

And boy is MacKinnon going to be good. Speed, hands, shot, IQ... He has it all.
That's why the fans were clamoring for the Habs to tank.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I'd probably give McCarron a full year in the AHL.

A lot can happen in this next season with London Knights, it looks like Domi & Horvat will be in the NHL. Marner may have McCarron as his RW and that could be really good icetime and experience for him, enough to warrant a good long look next training camp at the very least.:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad