Player Discussion Galchenyuk - Need Points Now Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
NHL.com , you can watch the goals against one by one.

Here's one of the goals against Panthers where Chucky looked lost on the ice... If he doesn't touch that puck that goal doesn't happen.
[NHL2]t-283442226/c-50967503[/NHL2]

That is what you got out of that play? Him tipping the puck because of an awful pass by Emelin?

First that's a bad d-zone giveaway by Emelin. Some poor play by Beaulieu and Galchenyuk checking Trocheck and finally Shaw going god knows where leaving his point completely open.

Chucky should've made a better effort checking Trocheck down low but that play doesn't happen if Emelin could actually break it out of the zone and Shaw covered his man.

All 5 guys looked lost.

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That is what you got out of that play? Him tipping the puck because of an awful pass by Emelin?

First that's a bad d-zone giveaway by Emelin. Some poor play by Beaulieu and Galchenyuk checking Trocheck and finally Shaw going god knows where leaving his point completely open.

Chucky should've made a better effort checking Trocheck down low but that play doesn't happen if Emelin could actually break it out of the zone and Shaw covered his man.

All 5 guys looked lost.

Chucky was not on the right side of the puck as they say... What was the point in swinging his stick like that? He kept that puck in the zone...

Emelin was trying to clear the zone/make a pass, Beau definitely played poorly also.

The worst is Chucky on Trocheck, put your stick there, do something, he was just watching the play unveil the whole time...

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
:shakehead

As I've previously stated. If he's that bad (people should have a look at players like JVR/Eberle), how about you find me FIVE goals from this year or last season where Galchenyuk is directly responsible.
You need people to find you videos to show you Galchenyuk is bad defensively?? Simply watching him skate around in the defensive zone for a few shifts should do the trick lol. The previous coach didn't trust him at center and it took the new coach about 3 games to realize the same thing. That should be a good start.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Exactly. Plus they clinch and don't sit an injured player? Just apologists trying to find any excuse as to why he's not playing well.

That apologists' excuse comment is not only unfair, it's also quite foolish. Do you seriously believe that Galchenyuk simply forgot how to play hockey since his blazing 1st quarter start where he was point/game and top 5 in the league in scoring?

He had a rather serious injury and hasn't looked right in his skating, conditioning or confidence since his return. It's not just pushing it to infer from that that he hasn't fully recovered, it's pretty damn likely.

Blendered linemates and revolving positioning can't be helping either, especially on LW which is clearly weaker for him than RW or Centre.

This need around here to abandon our young before we devour them is absurd, but hardly unique. All of Pacioretty, Gallagher, Price and Radulov were treated with the very same disdain while recovering from injury and virtually every trade scenario had them included. Damn madness...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That apologists' excuse comment is not only unfair, it's also quite foolish. Do you seriously believe that Galchenyuk simply forgot how to play hockey since his blazing 1st quarter start where he was point/game and top 5 in the league in scoring?

He had a rather serious injury and hasn't looked right in his skating, conditioning or confidence since his return. It's not just pushing it to infer from that that he hasn't fully recovered, it's pretty damn likely.

Blendered linemates and revolving positioning can't be helping either, especially on LW which is clearly weaker for him than RW or Centre.

This need around here to abandon our young before we devour them is absurd, but hardly unique. All of Pacioretty, Gallagher, Price and Radulov were treated with the very same disdain while recovering from injury and virtually every trade scenario had them included. Damn madness...

The problem I have with Chucky is that he's not playing the right way! He may get points but it doesn't change anything!

When the game will get tight as **** he will struggle even more!

Grind>Skill any day of the week in the PO!

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The problem I have with Chucky is that he's not playing the right way! He may get points but it doesn't change anything!

Skill is what wins in the playoffs.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

There are always superstars leading the way in the playoffs. That will never change. Don't confuse the supporting cast with the leading actors.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

the right way ??

define "right way" please.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
the right way ??

define "right way" please.

First on pucks, physical implication, board beast, strong defensively, good defensive awareness all over the ice, error free decisions with the puck, high level of effort, strong positional play and so on...

Chucky lacks almost all of those things!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
First on pucks, physical implication, board beast, strong defensively, good defensive awareness all over the ice, error free decisions with the puck, high level of effort, strong positional play and so on...

If he had all of those things, he'd be the best player in the goddamn league.

The majority of players have flaws.. if they don't, they are the Crosbys of the world.

Error free decisions with the puck.. literally no skilled player fits this bill.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
If he had all of those things, he'd be the best player in the goddamn league.

The majority of players have flaws.. if they don't, they are the Crosbys of the world.

Error free decisions with the puck.. literally no skilled player fits this bill.

He often makes bad reads of the play and tries to make low percentage plays that coaches don't appreciate. I was the same story with PK...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

it's a surprise he's still in the league... right ?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He often makes bad reads of the play and tries to make low percentage plays that coaches don't appreciate. I was the same story with PK...

more productive than ANY other Habs C, played +/- 20 games less than them.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
it's a surprise he's still in the league... right ?

I don't hate the kid man... It is what it is, I'm not making up stuff!

He's a gifted offensive player with an amazing shot and decent passing ability!

He struggles with everything else...

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Is there a site that has videos of goals against the Habs that I can filter by individual players being on the ice? If so, let me know and take you up on your challenge.

If not, the eye test backed by statistics will have to suffice. I have no interest in fumbling around Youtube for hours. I searched for "Goals against Montreal with Galchenyuk on the ice" and didn't get any relevant hits. Again, if you're aware of more effective search terms, please advise.

Edit: Counter proposal: You provide me videos of all the goals against the Habs with Galchenyuk on the ice, and I'll indicate to you which ones were a result of his poor defensive play. Deal?

Deal, won't be until friday though.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Thats why he is a good top 6 forward.

AG has a knack for getting points which this team needs.

Just shouldn't expect to depend on him to do the other things. He is what he is, but still young and can still continue to grow.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

have yet to see you describe LESS productive Habs players that way...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

What proof do you have that he's still hurt? Honestly. It was a leg injury and he's not any slower than usual. He's just not playing well. He's terrible defensively and weak. It has nothing to do with his injury. It's what people are telling themselves because they don't want to admit that he's not that great.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What proof do you have that he's still hurt? Honestly. It was a leg injury and he's not any slower than usual. He's just not playing well. He's terrible defensively and weak. It has nothing to do with his injury. It's what people are telling themselves because they don't want to admit that he's not that great.

His pivots aren't as good. That tells me he's probably still bothered by his knee. Same thing happened with Pacioretty and his foot earlier this season.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
have yet to see you describe LESS productive Habs players that way...

He wont. He doesn't rag on anybody else but Chucky. There are soft as baby **** players on this team that are having horrible seasons and also making almost twice as much Chucky and you won't hear a peep about it. It's funny.

There are very implicit reasons behind the strong hate.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He wont. He doesn't rag on anybody else but Chucky. There are soft as baby **** players on this team that are having horrible seasons and also making almost twice as much Chucky and you won't hear a peep about it. It's funny.

There are very implicit reasons behind the strong hate.

:laugh:

Since when telling the truth is ragging? Rose glasses al the way baby , am I right?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Was there proof about Pacioretty's ankle? Gallagher's hand? Teams never talk about ongoing injuries. It's to prevent the pos players from trying to injure them. This is nothing new.

Like I said in another post, he didn't just forget how to play hockey. There must be an underlying cause. Ongoing injury is the most likely cause of his woes. Playing at the worst possible position for him isn't helping. He's a Centre and a RW. This configuration also puts Lehkonen on his wrong side. I don't get that one at all. If Chucky must play wing, at least make it the RW, where he's much more confident and successful.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Was there proof about Pacioretty's ankle? Gallagher's hand? Teams never talk about ongoing injuries. It's to prevent the pos players from trying to injure them. This is nothing new.

Like I said in another post, he didn't just forget how to play hockey. There must be an underlying cause. Ongoing injury is the most likely cause of his woes. Playing at the worst possible position for him isn't helping. He's a Centre and a RW. This configuration also puts Lehkonen on his wrong side. I don't get that one at all. If Chucky must play wing, at least make it the RW, where he's much more confident and successful.

I have nothing against you bud but this whole idea that you know better than those morons making decisions is just freaking laughable!

You have no clue at all about Chucky , about his development and everything else but you think you're qualified enough to judge the decisions made....

Get real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad