Player Discussion Galchenyuk - Need Points Now Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Thats why he is a good top 6 forward.

AG has a knack for getting points which this team needs.

Just shouldn't expect to depend on him to do the other things. He is what he is, but still young and can still continue to grow.
Bingo

Especially now that he actually has a coach.

It will be interesting to see what Galch looks like coming out of camp next year, I'd bet on a noticeable improvement in his all around game.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I have nothing against you bud but this whole idea that you know better than those morons making decisions is just freaking laughable!

You have no clue at all about Chucky , about his development and everything else but you think you're qualified enough to judge the decisions made....

Get real!

I see in your mind you're the only one allowed to express opinions. I guess you somehow missed that's what goes on here. And some posters actually treat others with some semblance of respect. I'm as qualified as you or any other poster here to write about, affects of players, management and anything else related to the team.

What's laughable is your posturing and antagonism. It's a hockey board man. Your tactics are old and boring. Try being civil, would you?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
exactly!

lets bash the more productive players, makes sense.

How many time can I repeat myself? Points are not everything that matters!

Bingo

Especially now that he actually has a coach.

It will be interesting to see what Galch looks like coming out of camp next year, I'd bet on a noticeable improvement in his all around game.

How more hypocritical this whole situation could get?

The worst coach in the world Therrien used Golden Boy as a first line center since last year till his injury! When he came back after his injury Therien stuck him to the first line right away FFS! The guy struggled big time and the whole situation unveiled! It has nothing to do with Therien, Chucky sucked!

Julien took over and it's the same thing going on...

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
As much as I love Chucky in the offensive zone, the amount of bad plays he makes in his own zone is mind boggling. I wish he would improve that soon.... but I'm starting to think he won't :(

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
As much as I love Chucky in the offensive zone, the amount of bad plays he makes in his own zone is mind boggling. I wish he would improve that soon.... but I'm starting to think he won't :(

No worries mate, moving him from C to LW will fix that as he won't have to focus as much on D...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
No worries mate, moving him from C to LW will fix that as he won't have to focus as much on D...

''Let's move him to LW so we get all of the offence and none of the defensive drawbacks!''

*Galchenyuk proceeds to, predictably, play like garbage*

''Well, at least he's not dreadfully scoring 0.9 ppg as a center anymore! Bullet dodged!'' :laugh:

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
From a team perspective, Galchenyuk struggling right now may be good for the team. He really can't ask for that big of a contract with the way he's playing right now and that could be huge for the team.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
How many time can I repeat myself? Points are not everything that matters!

Actually, points is the how you win a game. So if, when a certain player is on the ice, we score more than when he's not... then obviously, you need to give him some ice time.

Apart from the exaggeration of his troubles in the Dzone, he's actually way more often in the Ozone, which makes his player in the Dzone much less important.

And I don't understand people not seeing the obvious, which is that Shaw at centre is not feeding Galchy. If he's playing wing, in order to snipe, you have to give him a playmaker on the line.... Now we have two snipers and one grinder. Not a winning recipe for offensive production.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
From a team perspective, Galchenyuk struggling right now may be good for the team. He really can't ask for that big of a contract with the way he's playing right now and that could be huge for the team.

What kind of loser's mentality is that? Wanting your players to do badly? :laugh:

Oct 22, 2012

You mean from a financial perspective.

From a team perspective, it would be a great benefit to the team if he could figure out what kind of player he wants to be.

I'm on the fence about his knee affecting his overall game. A recovering knee isn't going to make him try those stupid dipsy doodle plays he continues to make.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I believe Claude is treating him like a fresh start. I think they want him back as a C next year with improved defensive responsibilities. But for the playoffs they want to be safe down the middle.

Only thing I would change is to swap Galchenyuk and Shaw to make him a C but they're on the same line.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I believe Claude is treating him like a fresh start. I think they want him back as a C next year with improved defensive responsibilities. But for the playoffs they want to be safe down the middle.

Only thing I would change is to swap Galchenyuk and Shaw to make him a C but they're on the same line.

This is how I see it. I'd keep that line together, just put #27 at center and Shaw at wing. And since Shaw is better at face-offs, then have him simply take them.

Something that encourages me is seeing what a real coach like Babcock has been able to do with Kadri. He helped develop him into a more complete center. With a real coach like CJ, you can have reason to hope that he'll help Galchenyuk become a much better center. CJ was also able to turn Marchand into an elite winger and focus more on hockey instead of undisciplined shenanigans. So you know CJ can make it happen.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Just like I gave Therrien the benefit of the doubt for year 1, I won't hold much on CJ for the rest of this year and the next one. The man is settling in and getting to know his players. So, let's see what happens.

As for Galchenyuk, I gave up, he's finishing his 5th year. It's a little late for development. Use him wherever, but the team needs to adapt next summer if they want to compete.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
he is still outproducing most forwards the last 20 games which makes no sense considering how bad he is and worthless of a hockey IQ he has.

i cant believe he is still in the nhl.

Just put him at C and let him learn.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Just wondering what people's thoughts on this would be, especially since we just played Buffalo yesterday. O'Reilly's comments made it sound like he's fed up being there and wants to win, he's a guy who can put up 60 points and is an excellent 2-way player. After Bergevin got Shaw, he made it clear he likes guys who hate to lose.. on top of that CJ is familiar with O'Reilly from the WCH. I just think O'Reilly would be a great fit on this team.

What would people think of a deal such as O'Reilly for Chucky (with whatever adds necessary.. maybe Emelin to even out salaries and our 1st since it'll be later in a weak draft).

Why the Habs do it:

Gives the Habs a legitimate top 6 C in his prime who can help the team win now.

Why the Sabres do it:

They aren't close to contending, they aren't even close to the playoffs right now. They have Eichel and a guy like Reinhart who can be their top 2 C's which would allow Chucky to play on the wing and just worry about producing offensively.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Just wondering what people's thoughts on this would be, especially since we just played Buffalo yesterday. O'Reilly's comments made it sound like he's fed up being there and wants to win, he's a guy who can put up 60 points and is an excellent 2-way player. After Bergevin got Shaw, he made it clear he likes guys who hate to lose.. on top of that CJ is familiar with O'Reilly from the WCH.

What would people think of a deal such as O'Reilly for Chucky (with whatever adds necessary.. maybe Emelin to even out salaries and our 1st since it'll be later in a weak draft).

Why the Habs do it:

Why the Sabres do it:

They aren't close to contending, they aren't even close to the playoffs right now. They have Eichel and a guy like Reinhart who can be their top 2 C's which would allow Chucky to play on the wing and just worry about producing offensively.

Deal.

No take back.

No legal guarantee too.

Chucky is dip ****. I hope there is an optimist out there who would be ready to pay that premium price. He is a ****ing soft doll.

At this point, i consider Lehkonen a more important player for the growth of our team.

But considering Dougie Hamilton was traded for 15OV + two 2nd RDER. Wish we traded Chucky for Drouin during his last year crisis. Holy ****, would that have been an insane trade. Drouin has been pure gold these last playoff. Hope it is an envisageable scenario for this summer considering they are both RFA... Can't believe Tampa would do this tho.

I think we will be disappointed for the return.

Last edited:

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Just wondering what people's thoughts on this would be, especially since we just played Buffalo yesterday. O'Reilly's comments made it sound like he's fed up being there and wants to win, he's a guy who can put up 60 points and is an excellent 2-way player. After Bergevin got Shaw, he made it clear he likes guys who hate to lose.. on top of that CJ is familiar with O'Reilly from the WCH. I just think O'Reilly would be a great fit on this team.

Why the Habs do it:

Why the Sabres do it:

I would absolutely do that, but I doubt the Sabres would. O'Reilly is part of the solution there.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The Habs should have just jumped on the O'Reilly deal with the Avs when they had a chance.

It's incredible how implicated he can be on a game by game basis, play those minutes and never take penalties. He's an incredible player.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
The Habs should have just jumped on the O'Reilly deal with the Avs when they had a chance.

It's incredible how implicated he can be on a game by game basis, play those minutes and never take penalties. He's an incredible player.

Tell me about it. He had 1 penalty in 2013-2014 while playing in 80 games (64 points). That's unheard of. The most underrated player in the league in my books.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
O'reilly is awesome, I'd trade Galchy for him in a heartbeat. Sabres have a really good 1-2 punch.

I'd get Ristolainen too, guy has Markov's offensive awareness.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'd love O'Reilly. What I like about him is he's been a 50-60 point guy playing on crappy teams like Colorado and Buffalo. He's been in the playoffs twice in his career. But last time with Colorado (Roy's rookie season), he had 6 points in 7 games.

I'm not crazy about his 7.5M cap hit until 2022-23, though. But if he can become a 60-70 point guy on a better Habs team. I'm good with it.

Also, he's got a beard!!! :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad