Player Discussion Galchenyuk - Need Points Now Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
''Let's move him to LW so we get all of the offence and none of the defensive drawbacks!''

*Galchenyuk proceeds to, predictably, play like garbage*

''Well, at least he's not dreadfully scoring 0.9 ppg as a center anymore! Bullet dodged!'' :laugh:

Let's move him to LW so we win more games. Habs proceed to have one of the best record in the league since Julien is coach. Mission accomplished :handclap:

The goal is not for Galchenyuk to produce more points. It's for the team to win games.

Also, his 0.9 ppg as a center has actually little to do with him playing center. He got a whole bunch of points on PP and at 3v3 in OT. All situations where he wasn't really playing center. And for anyone who pays attention, watches the games and actually can understand what they're seeing, Galchenyuk has been struggling BIG TIME since coming back from injury. This is NOT on Therrien, Julien, Muller or Bergevin. This has nothing to do with the position he plays either. I'm not even saying it's Galchenyuk's fault. He suffered a bad injury and he is now required to play with a special knee brace that takes some getting used to from what I remember some people saying at the time he got his injury. It is what it is. Throwing him in the fire between Patch and Radulov and losing games would not help him or the team. He's right where he should be through no one's fault. Your post is ridiculous.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Let's move him to LW so we win more games. Habs proceed to have one of the best record in the league since Julien is coach. Mission accomplished :handclap:

The goal is not for Galchenyuk to produce more points. It's for the team to win games.
You don't have to discourage one for the other. Great that we're winning games and we are definitely playing great hockey. That doesn't make moving him to the wing the right decision though.

We'll see how it shakes out. Personally I don't know why you wouldn't want some offense out of your center role though. Even if he isn't great defensively we've got Price who can mitigate this. Our achilles heel is scoring and he's one of the few legit snipers we have and he plays better up the middle. I don't get why we wouldn't use him there. It's not like Shaw can really feed him the puck...

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Also, his 0.9 ppg as a center has actually little to do with him playing center. He got a whole bunch of points on PP and at 3v3 in OT. All situations where he wasn't really playing center. And for anyone who pays attention, watches the games and actually can understand what they're seeing, Galchenyuk has been struggling BIG TIME since coming back from injury. This is NOT on Therrien, Julien, Muller or Bergevin. This has nothing to do with the position he plays either. I'm not even saying it's Galchenyuk's fault. He suffered a bad injury and he is now required to play with a special knee brace that takes some getting used to from what I remember some people saying at the time he got his injury. It is what it is. Throwing him in the fire between Patch and Radulov and losing games would not help him or the team. He's right where he should be through no one's fault. Your post is ridiculous.

Pretty much, his skating isn't where it should be yet, he's having trouble changing directions quickly so he's always behind the play. It seems like it's affecting his confidence too as he's always at the wrong place on the ice. He's gonna get exposed in the POs if you put him at center.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Well said.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

sure, Galchenyuk moved to wing IS the reason Habs are winning more games...

great logic you got there! :help:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
sure, Galchenyuk moved to wing IS the reason Habs are winning more games...

great logic you got there! :help:

I was merely using the same type of logic the poster I quoted used. I agree with you that this is far from the sole reason the habs are winning games.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn8IoC0Qk3Y

Price really mitigated that one. Can't imagine Julien's fine with the idea of playing him as a top 6 center in playoff OT.

He'll need to have a stable position at some point, but now's too late for that.

Even if they're bound and determined to not play Chucky at centre, at least he should be on RW, where he's much more confident and comfortable. Same with Lehkonen for that matter. If I recall correctly, both goals scored in that game by Lehkonen were from the left side, which is his preference.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn8IoC0Qk3Y

Price really mitigated that one. Can't imagine Julien's fine with the idea of playing him as a top 6 center in playoff OT.

He'll need to have a stable position at some point, but now's too late for that.
You can cherrypick a play for any player.

He's not Guy Carbonneau but so what? He produces and this team has issues scoring. The benefits far outweigh the risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad