Player Discussion Galchenyuk - Need Points Now Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Just put him back on the top line with Max and/or Radulov. I couldn't give a **** about his defensive shortcomings... this team is starved for offence.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Just put him back on the top line with Max and/or Radulov. I couldn't give a **** about his defensive shortcomings... this team is starved for offence.

Let's ignore the fact that 2 games ago he was centering that line and they were hemmed in their zone every second shift they were on the ice...

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
That injury really threw him off his game.
I heard rumors that he got fat during the injury and unfortunately doesn't have the Phil"THE THRILL" Kessel level of skill that allows him to still snipe goals.

Either way, need more out of him.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
He was a lot more dangerous when paired with Lehkonen last game and he was making a bit more effort in the Dzone. Looking forward to see how his line plays on Saturday vs the Leafs. Hopefully he can breakout.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
And the fact that they scored... something we clearly did not do last night.

Pretty sure the coaches go with generated chances vs allowed chances and not with goals scored.

And they were struggling as a line, even if they scored. Danault took over his spot because they were outplayed the whole night!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Let's ignore the fact that 2 games ago he was centering that line and they were hemmed in their zone every second shift they were on the ice...

So you're saying it was all Galchenyuk's fault that the line he was on got hemmed into their zone every 2nd shift then? What about the other 4 Habs on the ice? Did they do everything perfectly or do they also get some blame?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So you're saying it was all Galchenyuk's fault that the line he was on got hemmed into their zone every 2nd shift then? What about the other 4 Habs on the ice? Did they do everything perfectly or do they also get some blame?

How do you explain that when Danault is there they rarely spend their whole shift in their own zone?

Same wingers, same D... The only difference is the center.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
How do you explain that when Danault is there they rarely spend their whole shift in their own zone?

Same wingers, same D... The only difference is the center.

So you really were saying it was all Galchenyuk's fault for his entire line and the 2 defensemen being hemmed into the defensive zone all game. This is just getting silly now. I'm done.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So you really were saying it was all Galchenyuk's fault for his entire line and the 2 defensemen being hemmed into the defensive zone all game. This is just getting silly now. I'm done.

What I said is that Danault is doing a better job at avoiding this situation happening.

Radulov is not a defensive force either...

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Galchenyuk is far from being a problem on this team, which, some people who aren't familiar with the habs wouldn't be able to tell by reading the gross exaggerations in this thread. Even if he doesn't end up being a good defensive player or a number 1 center he's still going to be very useful and productive. Now that would mean the onus then falls on the general manager to get someone behind him or in front of him on the depth chart who also can be productive. Because we all know Plekanec isn't a top 6 center anymore and I don't think Danault is either. But Galchenyuk certainly is. I agree that he should be held accountable for when he plays poorly but trading him for someone who would only be a slight upgrade if at all wouldn't solve our depth issues at center. Which is the biggest problem here, not a streak of games in which he's played poorly.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Galchenyuk apologist checking in.

9-3 on draws. 1 g, 1a. Key defensive play on Mathews in OT.

Suck it haters. The kid needed a positive voice and even said so at intermission. Laughable all the clowns saying he was done here. Only the beginning.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Offensively he seems to be slowing finding his game again but is definitely a work in progress defensively.

That ain't news and really doesn't need to be mentioned endlessly. A good coach knows how to build the confidence in strengths and leverage that to build confidence in weak areas. MT was awful at doing that and only knew how to trash players for making mistakes. Luckily we have a proper coach now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad