Player Discussion Galchenyuk - Banished to Siberia Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
A coach not throwing a player under the bus doesn’t mean he’s praising him. I don’t think I’ve heard Clode praise Max once this season.

Anyway, I know this has somehow turned into a Max vs Chucky thing but this is the Galchenyuk thread. I don’t know why people keep bringing up Casper here.

Because they don't get treated the same. Same thing with Subban when he was here and Pacioretty, the Colorado game is a great example.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Because they don't get treated the same. Same thing with Subban when he was here and Pacioretty, the Colorado game is a great example.
There’s nothing that can be done. Let it go. Neither deserve preferential treatment, one is getting it. That’s how it is unfortunately.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There’s nothing that can be done. Let it go. Neither deserve preferential treatment, one is getting it. That’s how it is unfortunately.
That's exactly the point. It's also not just Pacioretty. Gallagher last year, Plekanec since 2015, Drouin, Shaw, Alzner, Benn, Morrow and Petry have all played like crap this year, why didn't they get singled out ? It's just stupid. None of them had to play on the fourth line, none of them got thrown under the bus in the presser and none of them got benched a whole period. Why is that ? Because Gallagher "tries hard"?, because Shaw is a Bergevin acquisition ?, because Plekanec is a good vet ? Because Drouin is the chosen one ?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
It won't happen but I'd put Galchenyuk and Pacioretty, two of our worst forwards this season, together and see they do... with Galchenyuk playing at C. They've had some good chemistry before.. if they have some pride, they'll make it work. And the last C that actually worked with Pacioretty was Galchenyuk.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Shaw
Byron-Plekanec-Gallagher
Hudon-Danault-Drouin

Much better and balanced lines IMO.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
When Pacioretty is HOT and scoring, everyone is raving about how is the best "bang for your buck" in the NHL.
When he was named captain, everyone was raving. He was even declared Madame Beliveau's chosen son.

When he's cold everyone says he's useless trash, one of the worst players in the NHL.
When he's not scoring, everyone's happy to declare him the worst Habs captain of all times.

Could it be that the truth lies somewhere in between those two extremes?

And could it be that the truth for Galchenyuk, also falls between the extremes?

I call complete BS on that especially from many on this board at that time. From what I remember when Pacioretty was named Habs captain the majority of this board thought it was a bad choice. After watching him since being named captain I also doubt many who thought he was a bad choice then have changed their minds since then.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
I call complete BS on that especially from many on this board at that time. From what I remember when Pacioretty was named Habs captain the majority of this board thought it was a bad choice. After watching him since being named captain I also doubt many who thought he was a bad choice then have changed their minds since then.

We can say it was a bad choice all we want but the fact remains he was chosen captain by his teammates. They decided for Patch to be their captain over the likes of Subban or Gallagher.

''... After going without a captain last season, general manager Marc Bergevin and coach Michel Therrien decided the captaincy would be decided by a player vote. They refused to divulge the results of the vote, though it appears Pacioretty won by a fair margin.

''The majority voted for Max," Bergevin said. "I won't go into details, but we didn't need to count twice."
The vote was held Thursday night, with all the players who finished last season with the team eligible to vote. The only rules were that a player could not vote for himself, and he could not vote for goaltender Carey Price. Once the results were known Bergevin and Therrien decided they should go visit Pacioretty at his house to give him the good news right away.''

Canadiens' Pacioretty voted captain by teammates

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Yup. They couldn't vote for the actual leader of the team, so it didn't matter who they picked. Even Subban would have been the wrong choice, because he isn't the actual leader of the team.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Even Pierre McGuire is beyond baffled about what Julien is still doing with Galchenyuk and wonders why he's always the coaches whipping boy. Said Julien was patient with Krejci so why not with Galchneyuk? Is what's going on with Galchenyuk coming from MB instead of Julien maybe? After all he was the guy who said Galchenyuk will never be a NHL center and not the coach who should be the one making these decisions.

McGuire also said if the Habs don't trust him at center or on the wing they should just trade the guy or Galchenyuk should go to MB and tell him to get him the hell out of here. Said you won't get full value for Galchneyuk but there are teams out there who would take this player.

At this point either accept the player for what he is or just move him. It's as simple as that. This has gone on for far too long with Galchneyuk and management and coach and it really needs to end.
I firmly believe it’s coming from MB. He can’t look like an idiot. I can’t believe he hasn’t asked for a trade. I would lol

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
When Pacioretty is HOT and scoring, everyone is raving about how is the best "bang for your buck" in the NHL.
When he was named captain, everyone was raving. He was even declared Madame Beliveau's chosen son.

When he's cold everyone says he's useless trash, one of the worst players in the NHL.
When he's not scoring, everyone's happy to declare him the worst Habs captain of all times.

Could it be that the truth lies somewhere in between those two extremes?

And could it be that the truth for Galchenyuk, also falls between the extremes?

Lol are you kidding me with this? If anyone was Madame Beliveau’s chosen son it was Subban.

No one is calling him anything but the player he is, a good player but very streaky. He’s not a captain, not a leader and certainly not someone you consider critical to your teams success, he helps sure, but he should also be held accountable for his performances. I’m not sure if it’s the C or whatever other reason but he definitely doesn’t deserve the minute his playing, especially if hes happy with his performance.Whoever signs him for 6m+ when he’s up for renewal is going to have a blast managing his performance, it will be Gomez all over again.

Just imagine Galchenyuk going out after his last game and saying, yeah I’m happy with my game, sure i can improve but overall I’m doing well. The press would have a field day. But had he said that, I would have believed him more than Pacioretty and his lazy play style, Galchenyuk is trying.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
That's exactly the point. It's also not just Pacioretty. Gallagher last year, Plekanec since 2015, Drouin, Shaw, Alzner, Benn, Morrow and Petry have all played like crap this year, why didn't they get singled out ? It's just stupid. None of them had to play on the fourth line, none of them got thrown under the bus in the presser and none of them got benched a whole period. Why is that ? Because Gallagher "tries hard"?, because Shaw is a Bergevin acquisition ?, because Plekanec is a good vet ? Because Drouin is the chosen one ?
It's been 2 games since Galchenyuks monster 4 point night, and he's back in the doghouse.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
It's been 2 games since Galchenyuks monster 4 point night, and he's back in the doghouse.
But but but, the guy never tries! Management has done EVERYTHING to help him be a bad LW, are you questioning them. They are pros* and know better than us.

*Psst Pro Tip-just so McGuire haters know, Pierre use to be management on a NHL team and actually has more qualifications than MB did when he was hired for the habs.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
But but but, the guy never tries! Management has done EVERYTHING to help him be a bad LW, are you questioning them. They are pros* and know better than us.

*Psst Pro Tip-just so McGuire haters know, Pierre use to be management on a NHL team and actually has more qualifications than MB did when he was hired for the habs.
Love how Drouin only looks good once every 20 powerplays and people here never criticize him. I don't mind that Drouin is struggling, but it's absurd to shit on Galchenyuk consistently when Drouin gets a free pass everytime.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Love how Drouin only looks good once every 20 powerplays and people here never criticize him. I don't mind that Drouin is struggling, but it's absurd to **** on Galchenyuk consistently when Drouin gets a free pass everytime.

Galchenyuk is just the next skilled player being targeted for exile.

We literally cannot have nice things.

Jul 6, 2016
Love how Drouin only looks good once every 20 powerplays and people here never criticize him. I don't mind that Drouin is struggling, but it's absurd to **** on Galchenyuk consistently when Drouin gets a free pass everytime.

Drouin is here since 3 months. Galchy since 5 seasons....

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Pro Tip if a prospect you don't like is still playing OK despite how he has been handled, blame everything on him. Yet ignore your other point producers who aren't doing their job either.

He's not playing well at the end oftheday make due withyour ice time

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Drouin is here since 3 months. Galchy since 5 seasons....
Oh right its just the 3 months thing. Chuckie has been taking it since year 2 after his rookie year.

Drouin is not doing what he needs to do at center period. No if and or buts. He hovers at the blue line like patches and rarely comes back deep enough to help his Dmen. I actually see chuckie do this more as a winger (which he isn't suppose to do). IF we are comparing how players play at center the best excuse id always 'Drouin hasn't been at the position long enough' despite being worse at it than Galchenyuk. That isn't good enough. Put him at the wing, move chuck to centre and see what happens. You know what is stupid 84 games DLR is playing center for chuck despite no offensive bone in his body. Explain that one?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Drouin is not doing what he needs to do at center period. No if and or buts. He hovers at the blue line like patches and rarely comes back deep enough to help his Dmen. I actually see chuckie do this more as a winger (which he isn't suppose to do). IF we are comparing how players play at center the best excuse id always 'Drouin hasn't been at the position long enough' despite being worse at it than Galchenyuk. That isn't good enough. Put him at the wing, move chuck to centre and see what happens. You know what is stupid 84 games DLR is playing center for chuck despite no offensive bone in his body. Explain that one?

In before the obligatory, "So you think you know more than an NHL Coach or GM or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad