Player Discussion Galchenyuk - Banished to Siberia Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Youre calling Galchenyuk a dog, what did he do to you man
I call it as I see it. He and Pacs are both dogs. Both are dead wood. Both can’t produce in the playoffs. Team is going nowhere with them. It’s clear as night

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I call it as I see it. He and Pacs are both dogs. Both are dead wood. Both can’t produce in the playoffs. Team is going nowhere with them. It’s clear as night
Were not going anywhere with any player on this team. Shaw, Danault, Weber, Gallagher, Drouin... None of them are good enough. None of them will make us win. Why single out Galchenyuk? Call everyone dogs!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
From yesterday which I expect to hear more of for the next while.

Stu Cowan: It's time for the Canadiens to trade Alex Galchenyuk

Quote from the article from MB when Galchenyuk was drafted.
“That’s the guy we were focusing (on) from Day 1 since I took over,” Bergevin told TSN’s James Duthie minutes after making Galchenyuk his first draft pick in his new job. “We were glad that he was there at (No.) 3. He’s a big centre and they don’t come by … and then when they do, you either draft them — you can’t really trade for one because they’re not available. Down the middle for me has to be a strength and he fits the bill.

Here we are 6 years later and the Habs center depth is still a major weakness with this year IMO being the weakest the Habs center depth has ever been since MB took over and probably in Habs history. Can't draft them, can't trade for them since they are "never" available so it looks like MB will never know what it's like to have strength down the middle while he's the Habs GM.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
When Galchenyuk has six 30 g seasons let me know. Pacioretty has had a better career than Galchenyuk ever will And im not defending Pacs
Thought both he and Galchenyuk shoulda been gone in the summer but ya Galchenyuk is a huge problem on this team
Drouin gets a pass so far because he’s NOT a centre just like I’m not People magazines sexiest man alive not matter how many times I tell myself I am
Oh so one player out of position gets a pass, but the other who we have seen succeed at center you trash. Nice work hypocrite.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Were not going anywhere with any player on this team. Shaw, Danault, Weber, Gallagher, Drouin... None of them are good enough. None of them will make us win. Why single out Galchenyuk? Call everyone dogs!
Oh so one player out of position gets a pass, but the other who we have seen succeed at center you trash. Nice work hypocrite.
Two coaches , one a Stanley cup winner say Galchenyuk is not a centre. I’ll tske their work over yours any day of the week
Hypocrite or not , Galchenyuk is completely overrated. Wow a whole 7 goals. Might hit 20. What a season
3 g in his last 19. Wow. Holy Jesus what production
Must be Juliens fault

Last edited:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Two coaches , one a Stanley cup winner say Galchenyuk is not a centre. I’ll tske their work over yours any day of the week
Hypocrite or not , Galchenyuk is completely overrated. Wow a whole 7 goals. Might hit 20. What a season
3 g in his last 19. Wow. Holy Jesus what production
Must be Juliens fault

Doesn't take a pro to understand putting a centre on the wing when he proves to be a good center with defensive lapses is idiotic. Now moving that guy to 4th line is about as bad as it gets. Julien, you sure you want to go down the path of his excellence? Like his last minute firing in Jersey? Tired old dinosaur that saw the likes of seguin and hamilton shipped out of boston because he couldn't use them properly neither.

Your bowing to authority is amusing. I just love when you guys use the "this guys a pro" argument. Just like when people crap on McGuire...guess what he has more pro management experience than MB, but we all consider him a buffoon. Is Darren Dregar a great analyst because he is on TV. I have rarely seen him to be good, but I suppose those that love authority must see it diffrently.

We don't even know if this is CJs choice. He said he was going to use Chuck at enter till Burningbin stated in a presser there was no way 27 would ever be a center in montreal.

4th on the team for points while playing in the wrong position getting limited icetime and having been paired with 4 line talent. Yep guy is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO over rated. Hey I want to help you chuck, here is your center 38% on the draw offensive blackhole Jacob DeLaRose

Last edited:

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Doesn't take a pro to understand putting a centre on the wing when he proves to be a good center with defensive lapses is idiotic. Now moving that guy to 4th line is about as bad as it gets. Julien, you sure you want to go down the path of his excellence? Like his last minute firing in Jersey? Tired old dinosaur that saw the likes of seguin and hamilton shipped out of boston because he couldn't use them properly neither.

Your bowing to authority is amusing. I just love when you guys use the "this guys a pro" argument. Just like when people crap on McGuire...guess what he has more pro management experience than MB, but we all consider him a buffoon. Is Darren Dregar a great analyst because he is on TV. I have rarely seen him to be good, but I suppose those that love authority must see it diffrently.

We don't even know if this is CJs choice. He said he was going to use Chuck at enter till Burningbin stated in a presser there was no way 27 would ever be a center in montreal.

Our 4 on the team for points while playing in the wrong position getting limited icetime and having been paired with 4 line talent. Yep guy is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO over rated.
4th on a poor offensive team makes him sound even worse than he already is. Paul Byron has more goals. God that’s sad

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
4th on a poor offensive team makes him sound even worse than he already is. Paul Byron has more goals. God that’s sad
Reaching a bit aren't you. Again playing on the fourth line and has DLR as his center. He played 10 minutes not 2 games ago. 16th on the team for TOI that isn't a goaltender. We will be lucky to have a 50 pointer on the team, but you guys just can't help yourselves while ignoring all context. Byron has 4 assists in 30 games. So in your world passing has no value. So why did we get Drouin? He is a playmaker, much like Galchenyuk. Are Drouins 5 goals acceptable compared to chuckies 7 or Byrons nearly double that amount 9?
Again I say you are a complete hypocrite.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Reaching a bit aren't you. Again playing on the fourth line and has DLR as his center. He played 10 minutes not 2 games ago. 16th on the team for TOI that isn't a goaltender. We will be lucky to have a 50 pointer on the team, but you guys just can't help yourselves while ignoring all context. Byron has 4 assists in 30 games. So in your world passing has no value. So why did we get Drouin? He is a playmaker, much like Galchenyuk. Are Drouins 5 goals acceptable compared to chuckies 7 or Byrons nearly double that amount 9?

Okay... Galchenyuk has done nothing to impress this year

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
OK so he is like the rest of the team. Why then is he taking heat for being average, but yet still one of our better players even with bad choices for his position, linemates, and icetime. Do we go with a straight comparison of him vs patches P/60 and this is our captain we are talking about, who the coach hasn't called out.

Lets be frank, what Julein did to Chuck is a mirror of Therrien with Subban. It was unwarranted and unneeded. Absolutely trash behaviour. Again Casper with his invisibility cloak doesn't take blame...EVER.

If max was a super hero he would be called Captain Teflon

Teflonready

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
I'm unsurprised he hasn't impressed you this year, but how many games has he played centre this year? 1 or 2? His game is much better suited at centre than it is on the wing. Not only that but he produces more at centre. It's asinine to put him on the wing over and over and expect him to produce. He has produced and played well at centre. Maybe his draws and defensive coverage need work? Okay well give him time to improve, don't yank him and say enough is enough. On the wing, he doesn't often win his board battles and being stuck to one side of the ice limits his creativity. At centre, he has different requirements at both ends of the ice, has more space to use his talent and board battles aren't as important.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Would love to see the reaction when he tears it up.

Something along the lines of:

"Galchenyuk was pure shit here! There's no way he would score 70 points here like he has done on *Insert Team Name*! Bergevin had no choice but to trade him. Just be happy we got a 30 point second pairing defenseman and a 3rd round pick for him, it could have been worse considering how terrible he played for us! He was never going to work out here ffs! wake up!!"

I mean, that will likely be the reaction of at least one poster around here...

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
I'm unsurprised he hasn't impressed you this year, but how many games has he played centre this year? 1 or 2? His game is much better suited at centre than it is on the wing. Not only that but he produces more at centre. It's asinine to put him on the wing over and over and expect him to produce. He has produced and played well at centre. Maybe his draws and defensive coverage need work? Okay well give him time to improve, don't yank him and say enough is enough. On the wing, he doesn't often win his board battles and being stuck to one side of the ice limits his creativity. At centre, he has different requirements at both ends of the ice, has more space to use his talent and board battles aren't as important.
I seriously don’t understand how people can’t see he’s better suited to play center. It blows my mind.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

"Galchenyuk was pure **** here! There's no way he would score 70 points here like he has done on *Insert Team Name*! Bergevin had no choice but to trade him. Just be happy we got a 30 point second pairing defenseman and a 3rd round pick for him, it could have been worse considering how terrible he played for us! He was never going to work out here ffs! wake up!!"

There was a (likely bogus don't take this as insider info) rumour floating around Twitter of Alex Galchenyuk for Nik Hjalmarsson and Anthony Duclair and a lot of people were talking like they were fine with it.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Hypocrite My ass. Galchenyuk doesn’t make any one around him better. He’s lazy. He gives up on plays. He can’t back check. There’s a f***ing reason he gets minimal ice time. He’s horrible 5vs5. Four of his whopping 7 goals have come on the pp. Galchenyuk lazy ass play is his own worst enemy. He and Pacs could both leAve and I wouldn’t give a rats ass. Both are dogs. Both don’t produce when the real season starts
Drouin has played not even 30 games as a hab
I’ll take Drouin 365 days a year over the deadweight

Reactions: Habby4Life

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

"Galchenyuk was pure **** here! There's no way he would score 70 points here like he has done on *Insert Team Name*! Bergevin had no choice but to trade him. Just be happy we got a 30 point second pairing defenseman and a 3rd round pick for him, it could have been worse considering how terrible he played for us! He was never going to work out here ffs! wake up!!"

I mean, that will likely be the reaction of at least one poster around here...

''open your eyes!''

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Age means **** all. Six year pro is what matters and he’s regressing. Comparing a six time 30 g scorer to Galchenyuk is laughable. Lol

I mean, not that we really need to compare the two, but Pacioretty has scored 30 goals 5 times, not 6. And the first time Pacioretty got 30+ goals he was 23, second time he was 25. Galchenyuk did it for the first time at 21 and is now 23.

So even if you want to compare the two, Chucky has done more than Pacioretty had at the same age...

What is kinda of funny is that management forces Galchenyuk away from center, and now he's getting shit on because of his board work, which is a bigger responsibility for wingers... So he's not a center, he's a winger, but he struggles with board battles... Just another reason why I don't get him on the wing.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
We can say it was a bad choice all we want but the fact remains he was chosen captain by his teammates. They decided for Patch to be their captain over the likes of Subban or Gallagher.

''... After going without a captain last season, general manager Marc Bergevin and coach Michel Therrien decided the captaincy would be decided by a player vote. They refused to divulge the results of the vote, though it appears Pacioretty won by a fair margin.

''The majority voted for Max," Bergevin said. "I won't go into details, but we didn't need to count twice."
The vote was held Thursday night, with all the players who finished last season with the team eligible to vote. The only rules were that a player could not vote for himself, and he could not vote for goaltender Carey Price. Once the results were known Bergevin and Therrien decided they should go visit Pacioretty at his house to give him the good news right away.''

Canadiens' Pacioretty voted captain by teammates

The majority of our team was thinking that Ghostioretty is a good leader ? That's a huge problem.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad