Player Discussion Galchenyuk Appreciation Thread

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
sure domi will please the crowd.... filled with half empty seats because of a **** boring team that will miss the playoffs again...welcome to Montreal kid. Hope this kid is tough emotionally because he will be compared to galchenyuk for the rest of this season and his career.

The crowd was pleased by Jordie Benn. It took them 1000 snow angels to figure out Karl Alzner was not a top 4 player. Saying a player will please the crown is like saying a super hero movies will please super hero fans. It doesn't tell you anything about the quality of the player.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
The crowd was pleased by Jordie Benn. It took them 1000 snow angels to figure out Karl Alzner was not a top 4 player. Saying a player will please the crown is like saying a super hero movies will please super hero fans. It doesn't tell you anything about the quality of the player.

Molson is a stupid owner. He should have more respect for the fans instead of forcing people to give up their season tickets just to prove a point that he's being an idiot.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud

I hope you're not seriously comparing Domi with Alzner and Benn??

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Just like Shaw pleased the crowd by beating up some Capitals AHLer and motioning to the crowd. He never was a heavyweight or even featherweight fighter if a real challenger challenged him to a fight, just like Domi isn’t. Domi took out Kesler, not Lucic. Kesler is more of an agitator, and generally agitators suck at fighting because they would rather cower.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Molson is a stupid owner. He should have more respect for the fans instead of forcing people to give up their season tickets just to prove a point that he's being an idiot.

Montreal has an army of stupid fans willing to believe whatever their propaganda wing tells them, and pay for whatever trash gets put on the ice. Molson is insulated from financial consequence, and it costs money to hire a new front office. I don't think he's stupid, I think he's cynical.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
He is coming with a similar pedigree is he not? Character, fan favorite, heart and soul guy, cares too much and scored 5 goals last season that were not into an empty net and 2 in 50 plus games, I think that the comparisons are valid.

There's absolutely nothing that unites Domi with Benn/Alzner. Benn and Alzner are both veteran defensive defensemen. Domi is a 23 years old playmaker that hasn't reached his potential yet, but who still have the same ppg than Galchenyuk. Domi's best comparative in terms of style is Gallagher, but as a playmaker instead of goal scorer.

Comparing Domi with Benn/Alzner is like comparing apple and... steak. And I'm surprised I have to explain that on a hockey forum.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
There's absolutely nothing that unites Domi with Benn/Alzner. Benn and Alzner are both veteran defensive defensemen. Domi is a 23 years old playmaker that hasn't reached his potential yet, but who still have the same ppg than Galchenyuk. Domi's best comparative in terms of style is Gallagher, but as a playmaker instead of goal scorer.

Comparing Domi with Benn/Alzner is like comparing apple and... steak. And I'm surprised I have to explain that on a hockey forum.

First you were in love with Desharnais and now Domi. I mean how is a team supposed to win anything with these guys? What we're supposed to fall in love with the guy because he skates really fast? If Domi hasn't reached his potential yet what makes you think Galchenyuk has? People said Eller's ECF performance with the habs was just a fluke.... until it wasn't. People say that Galchenyuk's 30 goal season was just a fluke...if Galchenyuk manages to play center with someone like Keller he will explode and have a career year and personally I can't wait for the tears to flow. Book it.

Looking at some lineups from the AZ board most of them are already slotting him as their #1C. Fun times to be a hockey fan, habs fan not so much.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Some of the least knowledgeable fans in the league sadly :(. Mostly influenced by the huge amount of fans and cult following of the club.

The french media agreeing with managements every move and throwing players under the bus with narratives to protect certain other players dosent help either

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Kid, was proud to have predicted us picking him that year since August. Such an incredible player in juniors and so much promises and expectations. I wished we had given him the chance all year long and kept him there. Be patient. Let him play it.

Wish Chucky best of luck in Arizona, he will thrive there and prove Bergevin wrong just like Seguin did with Chiarelli. Now, I have to destroy my jersey...

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Loved Galchenyuk, sad to see him leave. Always liked Domi, but it'll be hard for me to like him more then Galchy.

Putting that aside, have any of you read the article on RDS wrote by Francois Gagnon about Galchenyuk? There are some things in there I didn't know about. I knew his dad was in the picture I just didn't think he was that much of a burden.
Pat Hickey wrote a similar article (currently posted at the HIO site) about AG's meddlesome father. Apparently Galchenyuk fired Larianov as his agent because when Therrien cut back his ice time due to his indifferent play and complained to his agent, Larianov didn't side with AG and his dad. Basically, the problem with Galchenyuk was that he didn't heed the advice of the people employed to coach him, preferring to listen to his dad instead. And this goes back all the way to his days in junior.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Pat Hickey wrote a similar article (currently posted at the HIO site) about AG's meddlesome father. Apparently Galchenyuk fired Larianov as his agent because when Therrien cut back his ice time due to his indifferent play and complained to his agent, Larianov didn't side with AG and his dad. Basically, the problem with Galchenyuk was that he didn't heed the advice of the people employed to coach him, preferring to listen to his dad instead. And this goes back all the way to his days in junior.

That was a very interesting ready, thank you. It corroborates Brunet's own story. Posters here will still blame coaches and management forever because it fits their chosen narrative but there was clearly something wrong in his attitude and his entourage.

Whatever, I still wish him the best. A change of scenery may be just what the doctor ordered.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
That was a very interesting ready, thank you. It corroborates Brunet's own story. Posters here will still blame coaches and management forever because it fits their chosen narrative but there was clearly something wrong in his attitude and his entourage.

Whatever, I still wish him the best. A change of scenery may be just what the doctor ordered.

How about using some common sense? You think it's just co-incidence that this supposed information just dropped out of the sky and got "leaked" now? You think the team wouldn't deal with it internally? Not very classy for this organization to keep throwing mud and it's players under the bus.

There is no anti-coaching narrative. Therrien is pretty much agreed by many to be a terrible coach or Julien who clearly has an anti russian bias/hatred. Even Bergevin's biggest defenders will admit that Chucky was mishandled. Guys like PK and Eller were said to not have listened to the coach so how is it they were both able to be major contributors to stanley cup contenders? At what point does it become a fault of the management and how many more players have to fail in this organization before there are changes?

Good on Galchenyuk Sr for helping out his son and getting him out of this hell hole. He wasn't getting a fair shake. And Papa G isn't just some sideline cheerleader looking to leech off his kid either. He was a professional ice hockey player himself. He knew his kid was getting taken for a ride. Shame he had to waste six years of his life here. He would have been a star in this league if he was drafted by any other team. I wonder if Therrien or Julien will take any credit for making him a better person when he succeeds elsewhere the same way Seguin blew up when he was traded. Just call me Nostradamus because I called this trade years ago, really need to start charging for these predictions. NOBODY can touch my hockey IQ! Nobody!

-2017 Predictions
"Remember how I reminded everyone how Julien ran Seguin and Kessel out of town? Hello Galchenyuk! You're the next contestant on the Price's right! :towel:"

"Yep same Claude Julien that ran Kessel and Seguin out of town and have nothing to left to show for two of the best goal scorers in the league and had Galchenyuk playing 4th line winger. Yep Habs are in good hands."

"And for the 2nd time in Bergevin's tenure he goes out and gets a dinosaur coach instead of a coach that can adapt to the players he has so he acquires players in the image of his coach like Steve Ott, Dwight King and Brandon Davidson lmao

Bye bye Seguin... bye bye Phil Kessel... bye Alexandrovich Galchenyuk...

:clap:"

"What part of the blame does management take for moving him up and down the lineup and from center to wing and messing with his head? It's his 5th year and the kid has never had any stability. Galchenyuk should have been put at center and never moved from there while being allowed to work through his mistakes. That's what this team needed. End of story but we all know why that didn't happen.

18-23 are the most important formative years in a young NHLers career. Teams like Buffalo with Eichel and Devils with Zacha understand this. It takes years to properly learn how to play center, not 10 games. Seguin sucked at faceoffs for the first 3 years. Now he's a beast."

"
Claude Julien also traded Tyler Seguin. Was there urgency then too?

Seguin last two seasons with Boston:

2012- 81GP 29G 38A 67P +34
2013- 48GP 16G 16A 32P +23

Over the next 3 seasons Seguin was over PPG. Good luck Galchenyuk. You're gonna need it!"

"You mean the same Claude Julien that saw the trading away of elite goal scorer Phil Kessel and 21 yr old Superstar NHL forward in the making Tyler Seguin and now has this team's top #3 pick playing on the fourth line? :laugh:"

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

I don't think I asked you to explain anything, we gave up a former 30 goal scorer for a guy that has scored 18 goals in the last 2 years, another typical Bergevin move, make a trade and create another hole. He should have traded Galchenyuk and possibly a pick and tried to address the center issue. Domi is a winger that has played some center(sound familiar?). We have given up too many good players in the last 2 years and we are not getting sufficient returns and our GM is taking guys like Alzner, Shaw and Benn and now Domi and proclaiming that we are a better team. No one in the hockey world sees it this way except his cronies in the Montreal media. I understand your stance though, you used to be called DD something, a guy the organisation chose over Galchenyuk, how did that work out?

Reactions: Peanut

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018

Pretty much what I read too. I mean, everyone has known about this since he's been with the habs, just not to that extent.

This isn't some made up stuff. Wonder hos Arizona will approach this. I wish the habs would have been more stiff and said no to both him and his dad. Why couldn't they just ban his dad from games or practices? I know it's far fetched but so is what his dad is doing.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Pretty much what I read too. I mean, everyone has known about this since he's been with the habs, just not to that extent.

This isn't some made up stuff. Wonder hos Arizona will approach this. I wish the habs would have been more stiff and said no to both him and his dad. Why couldn't they just ban his dad from games or practices? I know it's far fetched but so is what his dad is doing.
Maybe the Habs should have hired Bobby Clarke to deal with AG's dad. He handled Bonnie and Carl Lindros pretty well.

Reactions: Habsddicted

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
sorry for my English

I was in love with Gally in the Juniors and in his first 2 seasons in Mtl.

Then something bothered me a lot and it was not his attitude:

He was working on his strengths only in pratice. He always had a very good one timer and he was still pratice it a lot.

He always had some problems to shoot the puck while skating off wing...instead he turns on himself a lost 1 second to shoot the puck and a blade deflect his great shots. I went to Brossard many times and he never practice it.

Samething with his backhand pass that he was not able to do.

He was one of my favotite player on the team but he did not become the player i thought when he was 18 years old.

A player like Crosby for exemple was not good at all to deflect the pucks at the beginning of his NHL career.....then he decided to work a lot on it with Letang....and now he is by far the best to do it.

You have to know your weaknesses and work many hours on it. Even an offensive player has always many offensive weaknesses.

Drouin for example should look at Crosbt and starting to work on deflections close to the net. He would lethal in the offensive zone. You have to have variety in your play

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

It's simply not true. Just like how Grant McCragg lied saying PK Subban was being late to practice 18 times. Just some lowlife reporters trying to earn some kickback for doing the Habs a favor. Very classless.

The article says that Galchenyuk talked to his father between periods of every game. And people believe that? You don't think this would have been a problem sooner if this were true? Besides Therrien and Jullien are a bunch of bums, I wouldn't listen to them if they were my coach either.

Reactions: Habs178 and Peanut

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
164 pages in the trade thread, 4 pages in the appreciation thread. Yeah people will really miss Galchenyuk. :sarcasm:
Negativity sells better than positivity. I guarantee you that if the Habs won the Cup the Cup appreciation thread wouldn't come close to as many posts as the Subban trade thread.

In every election campaign they interview people on the street who all say they wish that the politicians would stop with all the attack ads and negativity but study after study proves that they work far more effectively than ads which focus only on the good things that the candidate is promising to do. In 2016 the Democrats' mantra was "When they go low, we go high". How did that work out for them, exactly?

This forum will always get more mileage out of fan outrage than fan appreciation. Our disgust is what makes this place go. If the internet had existed back in the 70's when the Habs were winning 4 straight Cups and running like a Swiss watch, this message board would be dead from lack of activity. What's the point of logging in unless you have something to complain about?

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
sorry for my English

I was in love with Gally in the Juniors and in his first 2 seasons in Mtl.

Then something bothered me a lot and it was not his attitude:

He was working on his strengths only in pratice. He always had a very good one timer and he was still pratice it a lot.

He always had some problems to shoot the puck while skating off wing...instead he turns on himself a lost 1 second to shoot the puck and a blade deflect his great shots. I went to Brossard many times and he never practice it.

Samething with his backhand pass that he was not able to do.

He was one of my favotite player on the team but he did not become the player i thought when he was 18 years old.

A player like Crosby for exemple was not good at all to deflect the pucks at the beginning of his NHL career.....then he decided to work a lot on it with Letang....and now he is by far the best to do it.

You have to know your weaknesses and work many hours on it. Even an offensive player has always many offensive weaknesses.

Drouin for example should look at Crosbt and starting to work on deflections close to the net. He would lethal in the offensive zone. You have to have variety in your play
Alex Galchenyuk is a gym rat. He was always one of the last ones to leave the ice. He might have had his limitations but he wasn't lazy. Not like he had a coach that showed him anything. Michel Therrien and Claude Julien, two bozo coaches or JJD trying to "teach" PK Subban LMAO. What a joke.

Chucky will finally have a real coach with Rick Tocchet for the first time in his career and he will become superstar. Book it.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
164 pages in the trade thread, 4 pages in the appreciation thread. Yeah people will really miss Galchenyuk. :sarcasm:

Anyone who follows this team remotely close knew he was gone this season. Personally didn't even bat an eye when the news dropped. Galchenyuk was already gone in my books few years ago.

Reactions: Laurentide

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
It's simply not true. Just like how Grant McCragg lied saying PK Subban was being late to practice 18 times. Just some lowlife reporters trying to earn some kickback for doing the Habs a favor. Very classless.

The article says that Galchenyuk talked to his father between periods of every game. And people believe that? You don't think this would have been a problem sooner if this were true? Besides Therrien and Jullien are a bunch of bums, I wouldn't listen to them if they were my coach either.
It is true. Multiple sources have reported on it. It's coming out more now because of the trade and because now that Galchenyuk is no longer a Hab, reporters aren't risking putting their relationship with the club in jeopardy by letting the facts come to light anymore. If they had blabbed while he was still a Hab they would have crippled his trade value and Habs management would make their lives difficult. Media types rely on access in order to do their jobs and teams can limit that access if they want to get tough with them.

It is also true that Galchenyuk's dad has boundary issues. The Habs management should have put a quick end to his meddling a long time ago so it's partly their fault for allowing it to continue. As Galchenyuk's employers they had the right to tell the player that his dad was not on the payroll and that his opinions were neither welcomed nor needed. If that means taking his cellphone away so that he can't communicate with his dad between periods so be it. But it's ludicrous to say that they should have allowed it or that it didn't happen. Again, multiple members of the media know this to be true. The dressing room is full of spies. Nothing that goes on inside stays a secret for long.

I get that you hate everything about the Habs but the player and his father do not know best here and they were in the wrong. Even Galchenyuk's former agent who was a player himself knew that this was not normal and that it was not good for the player. If Galchenyuk wasn't prepared to listen to his real coaches then he deserved to be on the 4th line. The tail can't wag the dog, no matter how talented a guy might be.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Alex Galchenyuk is a gym rat. He was always one of the last ones to leave the ice. He might have had his limitations but he wasn't lazy. Not like he had a coach that showed him anything. Michel Therrien and Claude Julien, two bozo coaches or JJD trying to "teach" PK Subban LMAO. What a joke.

Chucky will finally have a real coach with Rick Tocchet for the first time in his career and he will become superstar. Book it.

Its crazy were in the Galchenyuk appreciation thread and there is still people trying to spew bullshit.

Im just waiting for someone to spew the Tocchet will no tolerate Galchenyuk defensive play. When he has clearly stated the direction the NHL is going already said its ok for players to make mistakes.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Its crazy were in the Galchenyuk appreciation thread and there is still people trying to spew bull****.

Im just waiting for someone to spew the Tocchet will no tolerate Galchenyuk defensive play. When he has clearly stated the direction the NHL is going already said its ok for players to make mistakes.

unlike mike's philosophy which is laughable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad