Player Discussion Galchenyuk Appreciation Thread

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
We will be watching you become a great top 6 center.

tumblr_nvd37ayNcg1uweh2qo1_250.gif

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
This thread is depressing. There was a time where Habs fans were idolizing the heart and soul players and disliking the lazy ones. I don't know if it's the youtube effect, but now it seems like the young generation of fans just worship the players with fancy moves even when they obviously don't give a s*** about their other responsibilities on the ice.

I'm not saying the Habs organisation don't bear part of the blame. But at the same time, there's a limit to what coaches can do. You cannot teach character and determination. And some players need more time to mature. Galchenyuk was frustrating to watch. I find it hard to worship a player like him.

I wish him good luck in Phoenix. Maybe this trade will be a wake up call for him. One thing I'm pretty sure about is that Domi will soon become a crowd favorite with his speed, toughness and work ethic.

Reactions: lamp9post

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
One of those guys for last few years you kept hoping this is the year, just had a rough go with development. Wish him the best. One of my favorite games I've ever been to live was against Ottawa a few years ago in playoffs and he scored an OT winner. Building was rocking, it was so much fun, brought my family and a few friends too.

EDIT: Link below

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Therrien, Bergy and Julien do not like Russian players. Examples: Ex-Habs Markov, Radulov (Radiator), Chucky (1/2 American), Semin, Emelin, Sergachev, all dearly departed.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
This thread is depressing. There was a time where Habs fans were idolizing the heart and soul players and disliking the lazy ones. I don't know if it's the youtube effect, but now it seems like the young generation of fans just worship the players with fancy moves even when they obviously don't give a s*** about their other responsibilities on the ice.

I'm not saying the Habs organisation don't bear part of the blame. But at the same time, there's a limit to what coaches can do. You cannot teach character and determination. And some players need more time to mature. Galchenyuk was frustrating to watch. I find it hard to worship a player like him.

This is the Galchenyuk appreciation thread not the Desharnais and Drouin thread.....

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

I wish him good luck in Phoenix. Maybe this trade will be a wake up call for him. One thing I'm pretty sure about is that Domi will soon become a crowd favorite with his speed, toughness and work ethic.

No , in fact , your one size fits all of physical characteristics that define "working hard" and "heart" is what is depressing.

How many teams with skill players , winning the cup does it take before you realize that offensive talent is what we are desperately missing?

I am not hating on Domi , I'm sure he could fill a place in our top 9. However it's going to hurt if Galchenyuk plays a top 6 C role in Arizona and thrives...

How many times are we going to say it didn't work out in our environment while blaming the players , until we realise there could be a problem elsewhere.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Still cant believe what happen with Chuck, 2 years ago everybody was happy with him, he was the 10th scorer in the league playing center, got injured, never played center again and now traded for a small winger!! Does MB really think he had the luxury of not giving him every chances to succeed at center!! I hope that Chuck having great success playing C in Zona is gonna be the last nail in the coffin for both CJ and MB

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB

Oh yeah, Galchenyuk totally doesn't care or give a rat's ass. You're right. The guy who was reportedly berated by his dad between periods, actually PLAYED WELL in the playoffs, showed intensity and consistently improved his defensive game over the years. Chucky was NEVER given the slightest of breaks from the coaching staff either. Lack of effort is honestly only used as an argument against Galchenyuk because of his last name.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Good luck in the desert Chucky! I am no doubt you will flourish in the desert and they will give you the opportunity you deserve! We miss you already and I am not looking forward to this season where you prove our GM is an idiot. Habs will be the joke of the league this year. You were part of my personal future plans with our age 25 and under core! Good luck!

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The sad thing about Galchenyuk was the hopes when Therrien was fired, that we'd finally get a coach who'd develop Chucky properly.

Julien managed to develop him even worse and you can add Galchenyuk to the list of young, talented players who've been traded away by teams coached by Julien.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Well. Chuck may you become another Lars Eller where you are dicked around and proceed succeed. in a new team.

I will miss you. Best of luck in Arizona.

A little of topic, but Eller scored the GWG for the Stanley Cup.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Loved Galchenyuk, sad to see him leave. Always liked Domi, but it'll be hard for me to like him more then Galchy.

Putting that aside, have any of you read the article on RDS wrote by Francois Gagnon about Galchenyuk? There are some things in there I didn't know about. I knew his dad was in the picture I just didn't think he was that much of a burden.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Loved Galchenyuk, sad to see him leave. Always liked Domi, but it'll be hard for me to like him more then Galchy.

Putting that aside, have any of you read the article on RDS wrote by Francois Gagnon about Galchenyuk? There are some things in there I didn't know about. I knew his dad was in the picture I just didn't think he was that much of a burden.

Don't believe everything you read, these rumours are always rampant after a popular players get booted. Sensationalism sells I suppose , we should be better than that.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Don't believe everything you read, these rumours are always rampant after a popular players get booted.

Yeah except Francois Gagnon didn't say it as a rumor, he was pretty explicit about it and everything he spoke of was already known, just not to the extent that he speaks of. Besides as much as I despise Gagnon he isn't one to bullshit much.

Apparently Galchenyuk would speak with his dad after every period outside of the locker room for advice, his dad would text him things after most shifts to adjust himself, things like that.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Yeah except Francois Gagnon didn't say it as a rumor, he was pretty explicit about it and everything he spoke of was already known, just not to the extent that he speaks of. Besides as much as I despise Gagnon he isn't one to bull**** much.

Apparently Galchenyuk would speak with his dad after every period outside of the locker room for advice, his dad would text him things after most shifts to adjust himself, things like that.

yea sure this sounds a lot like that rumour about Subban being late to practice 18 times or whatever. You don't think these things would be a big deal if it actually happened? Galchenyuk talks to his dad in between every period...what is he hiding a cellphone in his jockstrap?

"hey guys anyone seen Galchenyuk?"
"oh he's just on the phone with his dad again"

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

We also have multiple reports about Galchenyuk getting NO help from the team. This management is completely braindead when it comes to helping it's own players. Eller had to go outside of management to get help too. PK is on video asking Therrien for advice in between periods and all the moron could do was kick a garbage can and yell at him.

AshyHabs

Biceps>Brains
Dec 27, 2015
Montreal
Sorry you were mismanaged buddy. Go flourish somewhere else and get away from this poisonous environment. Play center, the same thing MB called you when he drafted you. Goodluck to AG.

Reactions: Peanut

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

sure domi will please the crowd.... filled with half empty seats because of a shit boring team that will miss the playoffs again...welcome to Montreal kid. Hope this kid is tough emotionally because he will be compared to galchenyuk for the rest of this season and his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad