Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
MacD swooped it up on his way to join the celly
MacD seems to be a good teammate the guys like having around.
Some games Im thinking man hes pretty good and will be a staple on this team as a 6-7 dman.
Other games Im thinking man this guy is not an NHL player.
I think they should at least keep him around during the rebuild to work on his game. If he can put it together by the time they are competitive hell be a positive force on a playoff team

Reactions: Ghetty Green

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
MacD seems to be a good teammate the guys like having around.
Some games Im thinking man hes pretty good and will be a staple on this team as a 6-7 dman.
Other games Im thinking man this guy is not an NHL player.
I think they should at least keep him around during the rebuild to work on his game. If he can put it together by the time they are competitive hell be a positive force on a playoff team

I'm his biggest fan but he is not an NHL player on a good team, not in today's NHL anyways. He'd be one 15 years ago though.

Great dude to have around though on these garbage teams. Works his ass off. Full marks to him for putting in the work to play at this level because he was never projected to do so coming out of Juniors. While these teams are horrible, he did play around half a season on the '18 Kings: the good portion of the season too.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Maybe the path less traveled taken by Vilardi will be a blessing in disguise. I wouldn't be surprised if he appreciates the experience of playing in the NHL more than other 20-year olds who make it with less difficulty.

Would still like to see him go back down and play with Ontario in the AHL playoffs, but the Reign are a bubble team right now it looks like. Losing Petersen, Frk, and Vilardi must hurt their chances.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Maybe the path less traveled taken by Vilardi will be a blessing in disguise. I wouldn't be surprised if he appreciates the experience of playing in the NHL more than other 20-year olds who make it with less difficulty.

Would still like to see him go back down and play with Ontario in the AHL playoffs, but the Reign are a bubble team right now it looks like. Losing Petersen, Frk, and Vilardi must hurt their chances.

It sure sounds like it from his interviews. Doughty was in awe of what he has to do to prepare for a game. Kid's in it to win it, had his career flash before his eyes, and man, try to take hockey away from a teenager...

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Starting Saturday:
4 home games
1 road game @ VGK
9 home games
4 road games @ DAL, NSH, STL, CHI
1 home game
1 road game @Ana
1 home game

The Kings unusual schedule may be a blessing in disguise for Vilardi - minimal travel, extra time with trainers to maintain his back, time in LA to be around teammates, practices to work with linemates and on systems.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
He definitely doesn’t look out of place, which is very promising. His FO pct is awesome, hope he keeps it up.

Apparently his FO percentage was sub 50% in Ontario. But it's a skill that definitely can be improved with hard work. So hopefully it's a sign of progress and not a hot streak. I hope he gets more power-play opportunities soon as he looks great quarterbacking it.

Reactions: BringTheReign

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Apparently his FO percentage was sub 50% in Ontario. But it's a skill that definitely can be improved with hard work. So hopefully it's a sign of progress and not a hot streak. I hope he gets more power-play opportunities soon as he looks great quarterbacking it.

I read that too, and was very surprised as he seemed solid in the dot in ONT to me.

Reactions: cyclones22

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Whats their record with Gabe now?
It's 5-1-1, with losses by Edmonton (4-2) and Colorado (2-1 shootout loss).

7 games, 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points, +1. If you take out his first game, it's 6 games, no goals, 1 assist, 1 point, -1. That assist was on the power play. He's averaging less than 13 minutes per game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad