Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Yeah but which will he be, Kopitar or Rosa?

Rosa’s career was derailed due to injuries...
CavernousWarmCuckoo-small.gif

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Hell yeah! Let's go boys, can't wait to see Gabe out there! The most exciting part of the rebuild is watching these prospects develop.

Reactions: ru4reals

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
It's great to see him having success and get a call up, but I really don't want him burning a year off his ELC. Also, Vilardi and the Reign have finally gotten into a groove and I don't love disrupting that.

I hope he plays a few NHL games, then goes back to Ontario.

It would be nice to see those kids win together down there. We need all the winning ‘culture’ we can accord since the vets up here ain’t helping much with that.

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019

Confirmed also with Zach. There is a long list of doubters on this site that never said he would hit the ice. I'm very happy for him. This move was likely done before the trade deadline because you're only allowed four player recalls after the deadline for the remainder of the season.

Something to remember is that an NHL-contracted player who is waiver exempt, must be on the roster of the AHL team at the trade deadline to qualify for eligibility in the AHL playoffs.

After the trade deadline, there are only four recall roster slots available to be used at any time for loaning players to the AHL.

Cal Petersen is going to solely occupy one of those slots in order to play for the Reign in the playoffs. So there won’t be another player rotating with Petersen between the NHL and AHL.

That leaves the Kings with choices to make between Wagner, Lizotte and Prokhorkin. Because one them won’t be eligible if Vilardi, Luff and Grundstrom share the lone remaining slot for callups.

I’m speculating that Prokhorkin won’t be asked to play in the AHL again even though he is still waiver exempt.

The only way to have Prokhorkin, Lizotte and Wagner eligible is to keep at least one of those three in the AHL at all times and use those three roster slots between them and Vilardi, Luff and Grundstrom. In other words, three roster slots interchangeable between six players.

There is no restriction on the number of recalls as long as when you recall one, you send one of the players using a slot down.

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019
Couldn't he still play 7 more games before burning a year of his ELC?

He could, but his contract cou
It's great to see him having success and get a call up, but I really don't want him burning a year off his ELC. Also, Vilardi and the Reign have finally gotten into a groove and I don't love disrupting that.

I hope he plays a few NHL games, then goes back to Ontario.

Vilardi turned 20 years old in August of 2019. His contract is not eligible to be slid anymore. He will only have two years left on his ELC after this season regardless of whether he plays in the NHL or not.

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019
It would be nice to see those kids win together down there. We need all the winning ‘culture’ we can accord since the vets up here ain’t helping much with that.

From March 8th through March 13th the Reign have no weekday games scheduled; and again from March 21st to March 26th. So there will be two opportunities to recall Vilardi to the NHL without him missing action with the Reign.

Last edited:
Reactions: savemefromtears

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad