Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Hey hey, whoa whoa

I know exactly what I'm talking about

The Kings suck, all our prospects suck, life sucks, you suck, I suck, they suck, Denis Tsygurov sucks, Alfie Turcotte sucks, the Reign suck, everything sucks

woah

uncalled for

but true

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Vilardi, last 7 games, 4 goals, 7 assists, +11.

Amazing. Could not have expected this, as even a best possible scenario, back in October. I think he will get some games, after the trade deadline. Although helping lead Ontario into the playoffs
and playing all those key games and then the playoffs, are probably best. Grundstrom has been putting up big numbers too, of late: 3 goals, 6 assists, 9 pts in his last 5 games.

Gabe and Carl have almost identical stats:
Gabe 9 goals 16 assists 25 pts in 32 games and Carl 10 goals, 15 assists 25 pts in 33 games. I feel both will make the Kings next year. I suppose if both Lewis and Toffoli are moved and
there isn't an NHL forward coming back, will have to have someone from the Reign come up. Honestly, I would like to see a TT or Martinez deal bring back an NHL player that is
better than Trevor Moore and under 25 years of age. Or as good as Moore with moore (sorry) upside.

2C has been the weakest position on Kings 2 years now and I believe Vilardi will be capable of taking that slot. Carter is done (at W or C) ...Kempe is a wing...Lizotte should be in the AHL.
Would not be shocking to see 1 of Turcotte, (if signs) Kaliyev, or Fagemo make the Kings next year. Akil Thomas could surprise. He's underrated and very talented...but expect him
to be in Ontario. If the Kings are lucky to get Lafreniere...there's your #1 LW and Iafallo slots somewhere else. If it's Byfield, he does not turn 18 until Sept I think and will
need 1 more year. Hard to say if Stutzle or Rossi could step in. Next year will be exciting. The first year, where really some prospects play: Vilardi, Grundstrom, Bjornfot.
Possibly others.

It's probably best for Gabe to keep honing his pro game and co-lead the Reign into the playoffs.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Looks like Vilardi and Grundstrom have some chemistry. Has there ever been AHL duos that got called up and kept the same chemistry?

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Looks like Vilardi and Grundstrom have some chemistry. Has there ever been AHL duos that got called up and kept the same chemistry?

Does King and Nolan count? Ha ha. Hope for a little more offense out of these 2

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
He was going fine until injury and getting sick. I'm not worried at all...
Yes its remarkable he stopped producing after his first injury. It literally just stopped, including the WJC.

Due to Caufield, we are able to see a lot of highlights of him. He indeed works hard, makes plays, plays defense. He is not invisible.

I was hoping he could join the squad next season, that might not be the case after all. See how much a better prospect like Hughes is struggling right now.

Reactions: PuckerUpDude

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Getzlaf and Perry come to mind.

it’s great that they’re doing well down there. Slightly concerning though as Grundstrom has looked lost in the NHL this year. Hope he figures it out for next season.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Getzlaf and Perry come to mind.

it’s great that they’re doing well down there. Slightly concerning though as Grundstrom has looked lost in the NHL this year. Hope he figures it out for next season.
Yeah, I’m not sure why Grundy is struggling so much in the big club... I hope he isn’t a hockey version of a AAAA player..
Vilardi seems like a blend of both Getzlaf and Perry... I still hate those two assholes tho lol

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
I'm starting to wonder if it might be better to keep Toffoli if they cannot get maximum value for him. I'd love to have the draft picks, but it would also be nice to have a scoring winger to put with Vilardi next year. I think it could benefit a playmaker like Gabe.

Reactions: crassbonanza

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I'm starting to wonder if it might be better to keep Toffoli if they cannot get maximum value for him. I'd love to have the draft picks, but it would also be nice to have a scoring winger to put with Vilardi next year. I think it could benefit a playmaker like Gabe.

I don't think Toffoli and Vilardi would make a good pair. Both are slow skaters. I'm ok with keeping Toffoli but putting Carter with him might be good or give him back Frk. Maybe throw Prokhorkin in there.

Reactions: KingsofLA

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I don't think Toffoli and Vilardi would make a good pair. Both are slow skaters. I'm ok with keeping Toffoli but putting Carter with him might be good or give him back Frk. Maybe throw Prokhorkin in there.

I think both Carter and Brown should not be back, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. How that it is accomplished...not sure. They are both 35% (at best) of what they both were, 3 years ago.
No, one of the circumstances is to NOT have them around to lead youth, sorry. They are both the worst player on any line you put them on and will only be worse, next year.
2 more years of both? How? Why?

Time for Vilardi, Grundstrom and 2 of: (Fagemo Turcotte, Kaliyev, JAD) Bjornfot and Petersen to take over the 25% of the current team spots. Next season. Period.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I actually think having players that play and skate roughly the same speed is good. Both players are methodical, half-court offense type of players. It's a good combination. If you can afford to give a combination like that time, they get to know where the other one will be and where they like the puck.

You can't have three snipers or three playmakers on a line, but you can have three slow-ish or three fast players on a line.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

Toooooooooooo late!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad