Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Two goals tonight (8) puts him on pace for about 24 goals over a full 82 game season.

EDIT: Additional goal, nice snipe

3 points tonight puts him 12th in the AHL among rookies with 0.71 PPG

Now tied for 4th on the Reign in points in only 28 games played.

It's almost time.

That tip in was top draw as he was moving and the height/distance meant he had to adjust his hands real quick. Quality stuff.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
want him called up for final 4/5 games of the year

I think he will get a call up to get a game or two in sometime after the deadline and he may do some shuffling back and forth depending on how well he does. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but his contract can't slide anymore so games played in the NHL doesn't really matter.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

Vilardi stays hot with a goal last night. 4-4-8 with points in his last 5 games.

Them's some quick hands. Barely saw them move.

Also, Clague can really skate the puck out. That's an element that's sorely lacking on the current roster, if he sorts out his defensive issues he could fill that quarterback slot.

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I think once Carter hits 20 goals, you find a reason to shut him down for the year, because what’s he got to prove at this point. Then you have a spot open for GV to fill on a call up basis. He sucks, all of the sudden Carter recovers and no harm no foul. Otherwise he succeeds and Carter gets to chill out and rest up for next season.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I think once Carter hits 20 goals, you find a reason to shut him down for the year, because what’s he got to prove at this point. Then you have a spot open for GV to fill on a call up basis. He sucks, all of the sudden Carter recovers and no harm no foul. Otherwise he succeeds and Carter gets to chill out and rest up for next season.
You have to keep Carts at center if Gabe comes up.. I think and it’s been assumed by many that’s when the call up occurs he debut at RW. Less pressure, easier transition and less responsibilities for now

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
You have to keep Carts at center if Gabe comes up.. I think and it’s been assumed by many that’s when the call up occurs he debut at RW. Less pressure, easier transition and less responsibilities for now

RW for Vilardi makes sense to me. If Carter goes out, I think you go with Kopitar, Lizotte, Amadio and JAD down the middle. You’ve got to see what you have with these players to make an evaluation going into next year.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
RW for Vilardi makes sense to me. If Carter goes out, I think you go with Kopitar, Lizotte, Amadio and JAD down the middle. You’ve got to see what you have with these players to make an evaluation going into next year.
Pretty much though I think Carts stays because he's the perfect guy to help a Vilardi/Turcotte/2020 pick transition with ease... When those kids are ready for that demanding center position, Carter will be able to move to RW or he might not even be in the league anymore.. Either way, he's a great crutch to have for these young guys that are about to emerge..

Note on JAD, I think he's physically weak and needs much more physical maturation.. There's no denying his energy, will and character but we need skill, speed and finishing ability.. I dont think he'll be ready for another season unless he moves over to RW? Moore - Amadio - JAD?

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
He'll make it no question. Turcotte on the other hand...

I understand the concern with Turcotte, as it's been a pretty disappointing season for him. But he's still an amazing player with a very high ceiling and floor and still only 18 years old.

One thing that helps me worry less about Turcotte is his compete level. This kid works HARD and has a motor on him. He constantly wants to be the best player on the ice and constantly wants to improve. Those characteristics go a long way.

If anything, a season like this is just going to make him work even harder. He's likely not happy at all with how his D+1 year has gone and he definitely seems like the type of player who would use that as extra motivation instead of pouting about it. Hopefully he stays another year at Wisconsin and dominates.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm not worried about Turcotte either, simply because of Mike Richards syndrome. Kid just wants it, will work for it. BUT--I get the feeling he won't be super effective in the NHL until he gets his man strength. He's super fast and got great vision but him throwing himself around like a ragdoll isn't going to do much to NHL players until he gets some heft.

That whole Wisconsin team has Reign syndrome too, where they're super young for the most part and a streaky but mostly mediocre team because of it, which makes players look worse than they are.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
He'll make it no question. Turcotte on the other hand...

Damn that's some magic 8 ball you've got there to already predict a 2019 draftee a dud, and for zero reasons given. Care to back up that statement?

I guess in your world Vilardi was a bust when he was sidelined with his back injury? Or Hughes and Kakko are already busts since they haven't lit the league on fire their rookie seasons.

Let me read my magic 8 ball... it says you don't know shit, buddy.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Damn that's some magic 8 ball you've got there to already predict a 2019 draftee a dud, and for zero reasons given. Care to back up that statement?

I guess in your world Vilardi was a bust when he was sidelined with his back injury? Or Hughes and Kakko are already busts since they haven't lit the league on fire their rookie seasons.

Let me read my magic 8 ball... it says you don't know ****, buddy.

Remember when nearly everyone thought 19 year old Vilardi was a bust because of an injury that literally no one had details on?

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
It is perfectly okay to wonder if Turcotte is going to be as good as billed heading into last year's draft. Way too early to write him off but you'd be lying if you weren't hoping for a better season.

We can't have people losing their minds over Kupari this time last year--penciling him for Top 6 NHL duties on opening night--because of his D+1 season but then crush anyone that has doubts about Turcotte's ceiling after a D + 1 season that hasn't been as great as hoped.

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm not worried about Turcotte either, simply because of Mike Richards syndrome. Kid just wants it, will work for it. BUT--I get the feeling he won't be super effective in the NHL until he gets his man strength. He's super fast and got great vision but him throwing himself around like a ragdoll isn't going to do much to NHL players until he gets some heft.
I am a little bit. I'm worried he could end up more like Trevor Lewis than Jonathan Toews.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Seems like he’s killing it down there. Excellent news.

That's especially impressive when you consider how much playing time and practices he's missed over the last couple years. That is everything to a player. When you're out for any stretch of time, it takes awhile to get your legs, timing, etc.

For him to be playing at the pace, that well, in that span really is impressive. And he's what 20? so he's gonna put on some weight. I liked him in the draft year, I think he has all the right stuff to be a total stud. So glas he's finally getting what he's waited for, to show what he is and will become.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
It is perfectly okay to wonder if Turcotte is going to be as good as billed heading into last year's draft. Way too early to write him off but you'd be lying if you weren't hoping for a better season.

We can't have people losing their minds over Kupari this time last year--penciling him for Top 6 NHL duties on opening night--because of his D+1 season but then crush anyone that has doubts about Turcotte's ceiling after a D + 1 season that hasn't been as great as hoped.
Now let’s put a bit more context into describing Turcotte’s season shall we...
Overall his number look above average when compared to your average college player. However, he’s not your average player he’s the #5 pick who was/is expected to perform. With that said, He was outstanding pre respiratory illness but looked pedestrian upon returning and offensively inept in the WJC. While some are worried about injuries, I’m more worried about whether or not he’s getting the proper coaching and whether it be better for his development to head to Ontario next season.. Where he’ll be able to workout with pros in El Segundo and take advantage of the staff to help him mature physically..
Am I worried.. No.. Do I understand that some are? Absolutely. But I have faith in our player development and think he’ll turn out just fine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->