Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

Chruceg

Aug 12, 2008
Near Philadelphia,PA
The leading scorer in the AHL last season had 1.08 PPG. There were a handful of AHL/NHL bouncers like Pirri and Garland and Mangiapane that were in the 1.1-1.25 range.

Vilardi currently at 0.8 overall, 1.2 if you skip the first two games.

Totally see your point. My general idea is where does it become impossible to keep him down. He clearly sees the ice, passes, and possesses at an NHL level. By most metrics I have seen, AHL scoring translates to _roughly_ 50% in the NHL. If we expect Vilardi to become a first liner, seeing a PPG above 1 in the AHL isn't unreasonable and almost necessary to make it inexcusable to keep him down. He is still young and not fully ready so a slower start is expected. Where do you see him ending up this year?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Are you outta your mind? Kubalik is playing 1st line LWing right now...not that you've noticed because its quite evident you look at Kings players through rose colored shades!

Wow, impressive that he's got a whopping 13 points with all that 1st line time. 2 more points than Lizotte, who plays on the 3rd. That's pretty pathetic, to be honest. Even Iafallo has more points than Kubalik.

I'll take the guy who is younger and can produce similar numbers in a less favorable role.

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
Wow, impressive that he's got a whopping 13 points with all that 1st line time. 2 more points than Lizotte, who plays on the 3rd. That's pretty pathetic, to be honest. Even Iafallo has more points than Kubalik.

I'll take the guy who is younger and can produce similar numbers in a less favorable role.
I think it’s time to put to rest this Kubalik fight.

Just one last comment: he is NOT getting 1st line time. So far he’s averaging 12:39 TOI/Game, and only in the past few games has been moves to Toews line (who’s not exactly putting up McDavid-like numbers this year). He played the whole season on the 3d line, and he’s gettting PP time on the Hawks second unit quite regularly. For a rookie he’s doing fairly well, but he has been scratched twice too.

Anyway, he’s a Blackhawk now.
Let’s move on.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Are you outta your mind? Kubalik is playing 1st line LWing right now...not that you've noticed because its quite evident you look at Kings players through rose colored shades!
Ok, we get it you like Kubalik which is fine but we don’t need to discuss him in every thread. Did you jump the gun and buy a Kings jersey with his name on it or something? Go on admit it... you bought a Blackhawks one didn’t you :naughty:.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
You raise a valid point. The reason why I picked 1.5 PPG was because I was looking for a clear dominance to make my argument. The point of my post was to stir discussion. So I ask to you, if he is scoring at 1 PPG come January 31st what do you do with Vilardi? Call him up or keep him down? For me, if he is scoring at "only" 1 PPG come January 31st I say keep him down. The Kings don't need him this year.
First you don’t make any decision based on PPG as Skill and ability wise he is more than ready.

It comes down to where he is at physically, most of which none of us has any real understanding of. I’m not expecting him to come up at any specific time. It could be tomorrow, April or even training camp so there should be no target, no goal measured by time.

When he feels good, is fully match fit and up to something close to full speed then he gets called up. I only say close to full speed as he will quickly find more speed once he gets to the NHL given the faster pace.

There is zero need to rush him, but equally, if he is physically ready then there is no reason to keep him in the AHL.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Ok, we get it you like Kubalik which is fine but we don’t need to discuss him in every thread. Did you jump the gun and buy a Kings jersey with his name on it or something? Go on admit it... you bought a Blackhawks one didn’t you :naughty:.
No but I'm sure following him a lot closer now than ever before...every NHL goal,assist...and now on the first line with Toews...stupid Blake and stupid Kings...seems like the old days(1970's,'82,'83) when we gave away talent and draft choices except we can't sign them or develop them properly...That Ontario team with so many young talented,skilled players are flush but some are being left to rot and backpeddle...Kupari,Sodergran...I think Kubalik didn't sign because he didn't want to start in Ontario like Blake probably wanted since he had so many bad contracts to contend with?

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Is the kubalik stuff a joke or you really like him that much?
Have you seen Kubalik play? The guy can play and is a natural goal scorer too bad stupid Blake didn't want to see that...F...him and the Kings for blowing their chance...The Kings have so many natural goal scorers that they can afford to offload or give them away...hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
doesnt matter how good he is because humans have this thing called free will, and he didnt want to play here. unless you have any contradicting info on this? because that’s what was reported. otherwise you just sound ridiculous and oddly bitter about a 7th round pick.

Reactions: funky

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Have you seen Kubalik play? The guy can play and is a natural goal scorer too bad stupid Blake didn't want to see that...F...him and the Kings for blowing their chance...The Kings have so many natural goal scorers that they can afford to offload or give them away...hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea ive seen him and hes pretty good. No one cares though

Reactions: tbrown33

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019
First you don’t make any decision based on PPG as Skill and ability wise he is more than ready.

It comes down to where he is at physically, most of which none of us has any real understanding of. I’m not expecting him to come up at any specific time. It could be tomorrow, April or even training camp so there should be no target, no goal measured by time.

When he feels good, is fully match fit and up to something close to full speed then he gets called up. I only say close to full speed as he will quickly find more speed once he gets to the NHL given the faster pace.

There is zero need to rush him, but equally, if he is physically ready then there is no reason to keep him in the AHL.

He is physically ready now (in my opinion). I’ve seen every one of his home games in person (except the one where he scored on that laser from the right circle and undressed the goalie on the shootout).

Vilardi progresses with each and every game. Wednesday night was the most convincing game for me. Not only did he return after taking a hard hit on the boards behinds the goal line, but he dished out hard hits in the corners and along the boards. I counted 5 hits by GV in that game and he wasn’t available for the last 6 minutes of the 2nd period.

The reason Racine hit him (in my opinion) was because GV was dishing out punishment to several Stockton players and Racine was giving him some payback.

When Vilardi returned in the 3rd per. he dished out his hardest hit and a good cross check to boot.

Kid is a stud now. He is NHL ready now (again in my opinion).

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019
Vilardi’s vision, puck handling skills, back checking skills and passing skills are elite level (in my opinion). He is ready to play 2C for the Kings right now. He is what is missing for so many forwards that we regularly complain about their lack of production, A center who is a highly skilled playmaker that makes players around him better. The Magic Johnson of hockey.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad