Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Gimme a f****ing break. Those who already wrote him off would have never stopped squawking about how wasted that pick is blah blah blah unlike that 7th round superstar pick Kubalik. Is the fact that he's actually skating and practicing with the team making you nervous?? LOL. Swallow that lump in your throat because looks he has an excellent chance it seems with his progress to get back to competitive hockey. At least be happy for the kid. Oh....and told you so.
Seems to me like that Super-Star Kubalik has more goals than any Kings LWinger or RWinger for that matter!

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
You know Ziggy you aren't as smart as you claim to be...Kubalik is a talent the Kings **** the bed in not signing...poor Kings fans have to endure **** like Iafallo playing numero uno LW...he like Brown have dragged down Kopitar in some cases for years(7-8)
What’s the weather like under your bridge? Bet it’s pretty cold.

Jericho111091

Dec 18, 2014
Paramount Ca
Are we seriously still on the "Brown drags Kopitar down" train? Separating them hurts both of their play. Brown and Kopi have good chemistry which is important if you want a line to succeed.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
You know Ziggy you aren't as smart as you claim to be...Kubalik is a talent the Kings **** the bed in not signing...poor Kings fans have to endure **** like Iafallo playing numero uno LW...he like Brown have dragged down Kopitar in some cases for years(7-8)
giphy.gif

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

Correct me if I am wrong, but did the Kings not talk to him and he was not interested in signing here? Thought that was mentioned somewhere.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I don't understand why anyone would ever root against a Kings player or prospect. I thought Vilardi was done, stick a fork in him. And I had a lot of intense debates about it with some posters here. But I would rather be wrong on the Internet and watch the Kings succeed than vice versa.
That is a hell of a question my friend.

I could only guess at this point, the naysayers aren't man enough to admit that they were wrong and are rooting for their ego to be correct.

Sad.

Like when you buy re-usable wedding party drinking straws on wish and they turn out to be crackpipes

85908808.jpg

Reactions: Maynard

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I think it's clear to all of us that Vilardi is playing well in the A. I absolutely think he needs AT LEAST a few more weeks before he gets called up even if he is kicking the door down. With that said, at what point do we think he would HAVE to be brought up? For example, in a month if he is putting up 2 points per game he is getting nothing out of the A. Does LA keep him down all year just to build his strength? Where is the tipping point?

Personally, I think by January 31st if he is playing every game and scoring at roughly 1.5 PPG he has to be called up. I can absolutely see arguments for the opposite though.
I think 1.5 PPG is a lot. If he can keep up, 1 PPG, perfect

Reactions: johnjm22

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The leading scorer in the AHL last season had 1.08 PPG. There were a handful of AHL/NHL bouncers like Pirri and Garland and Mangiapane that were in the 1.1-1.25 range.

Vilardi currently at 0.8 overall, 1.2 if you skip the first two games.

Reactions: johnjm22

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Lizotte > Kubalik

Similar production in their first year and he's quite a bit younger. That's without the luxury of playing with top players like Kubalik has been.
Are you outta your mind? Kubalik is playing 1st line LWing right now...not that you've noticed because its quite evident you look at Kings players through rose colored shades!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
The leading scorer in the AHL last season had 1.08 PPG. There were a handful of AHL/NHL bouncers like Pirri and Garland and Mangiapane that were in the 1.1-1.25 range.

Vilardi currently at 0.8 overall, 1.2 if you skip the first two games.
Lets have Vilardi play a full season before we pronounce King of Kings!!!

Chruceg

Aug 12, 2008
Near Philadelphia,PA
I think 1.5 PPG is a lot. If he can keep up, 1 PPG, perfect

You raise a valid point. The reason why I picked 1.5 PPG was because I was looking for a clear dominance to make my argument. The point of my post was to stir discussion. So I ask to you, if he is scoring at 1 PPG come January 31st what do you do with Vilardi? Call him up or keep him down? For me, if he is scoring at "only" 1 PPG come January 31st I say keep him down. The Kings don't need him this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad