Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Well, it's obvious that yes, if he'd have been playing the 1 1/2 seasons that he missed he would be in a better position (actually he would be in the NHL right now), but it will be learning to play with a pro pace, building up his conditioning, and playing improved defense during his short time in the AHL. Who was the most skilled forward for the Reign on the ice this last past week as he stepped onto the ice for the very first time this season? Gabriel Vilardi. It's not even close. He has the potential to be that good.

I see in him a player producing like Draisaitl. He can score a lot of points potentially but also play with the puck at very high speed entering in the offensive zone, being able to hang with the likes of McDavid on McDavid's wing. He may not be a skater who can perpetually keep up with McD (and who is?) but he can burst at times and still not lose his offensive sense or puck control. I'm not saying he's Draisaitl 2.0...I'm saying he may be able to be a player who produces in a somewhat similar production in the same situations that Drai did.

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I see in him a player producing like Draisaitl. He can score a lot of points potentially but also play with the puck at very high speed entering in the offensive zone, being able to hang with the likes of McDavid on McDavid's wing. He may not be a skater who can perpetually keep up with McD (and who is?) but he can burst at times and still not lose his offensive sense or puck control. I'm not saying he's Draisaitl 2.0...I'm saying he may be able to be a player who produces in a somewhat similar production in the same situations that Drai did.

if he can produce like Draisaitl we will be very very blessed.

Reactions: Rorschach

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Gabriel Vilardi scored his first career professional goal in the first period, a tally which would also go down as the game-winning goal, and collected two points in total (1-1-2) as Ontario skated to a 3-2 victory.

Gabe cashed in on his first of many professional goals. Got himself in front of the net and declared that “His” spot. Just kept whacking at a loose puck until it found its way behind the goalie. His assist was from winning a face off clean to Frk. It happened in 2 seconds flat. It was a thing o beauty

Reactions: crassbonanza

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
What I’m loving is that he already looks like the main man down there. Once his fitness lets him play every game, including the back to backs he’s very quickly going to be leading the team forward. On that point, it also looks like there is a lot of personality in there. He looks like he is going to bring plenty of leadership with that skill set, something that is always highly valuable. What he has been through will no doubt have developed his character no end.

In terms of skill set and maturity he is clearly (very) NHL ready. It’s just going to be a case of very patiently letting him get ready physically and to have full confidence in his body. It’s great to see him seemingly happy to get involved physically and go to the hard area. There doesn’t seem to be any hesitation or anything like that, which makes me think that he must be feeling pretty good when on the ice.

Once he builds his strength, stamina and gets his foot speed to where it should be this kid is going to be special.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
What I’m loving is that he already looks like the main man down there. Once his fitness lets him play every game, including the back to backs he’s very quickly going to be leading the team forward. On that point, it also looks like there is a lot of personality in there. He looks like he is going to bring plenty of leadership with that skill set, something that is always highly valuable. What he has been through will no doubt have developed his character no end.

In terms of skill set and maturity he is clearly (very) NHL ready. It’s just going to be a case of very patiently letting him get ready physically and to have full confidence in his body. It’s great to see him seemingly happy to get involved physically and go to the hard area. There doesn’t seem to be any hesitation or anything like that, which makes me think that he must be feeling pretty good when on the ice.

Once he builds his strength, stamina and gets his foot speed to where it should be this kid is going to be special.

This is nothing... I’m sticking to him needing those 2-3 weeks to get going and then we’ll really start to see him shine!

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site

Mayor had a tweet last Friday that the plan is for Vilardi to play every game going forward, including back to backs.

Reactions: Statto

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Had an amazing dream last night that we won the draft, Gabe Vilardi was fully healthy and Turcotte was Bergeron 2.0... Can you Guys imagine

Alexis Lafreniere
Gabriel Vilardi
Alex Turcotte
Arthur Kaliyev
Bulat Shafigullin
Rasmus Kupari
Samuel Fagemo
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Akil Thomas
Aidan Dudas
Mikey Anderson
Tobias Bjornfot
Sean Durzi
Kale Clague
Jacob Moverare
Austin Strand

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Had an amazing dream last night that we won the draft, Gabe Vilardi was fully healthy and Turcotte was Bergeron 2.0... Can you Guys imagine

Alexis Lafreniere
Gabriel Vilardi
Alex Turcotte
Arthur Kaliyev
Bulat Shafigullin
Rasmus Kupari
Samuel Fagemo
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Akil Thomas
Aidan Dudas
Mikey Anderson
Tobias Bjornfot
Sean Durzi
Kale Clague
Jacob Moverare
Austin Strand
A fully healthy Vilardi, Turcotte, and Lafreniere (or whomever else we draft) would make for a good looking 1st line in 2 years.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Alexis Lafreniere
Gabriel Vilardi
Alex Turcotte
Arthur Kaliyev
Bulat Shafigullin
Rasmus Kupari
Samuel Fagemo
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Akil Thomas
Aidan Dudas
Mikey Anderson
Tobias Bjornfot
Sean Durzi
Kale Clague
Jacob Moverare
Austin Strand

would be awesome....still a big weakness on D.

Reactions: lumbergh

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
would be awesome....still a big weakness on D.

Yea the defense core isn't as good as the forward group, although there's a few nice pieces. The good thing is with a young group there will be plenty of cap space to fill those spots in. Roll with Doughty, Walker, Bjornfot, and Anderson, then bring in a couple solid guys with available cash (or more likely trade some of the guys above). Guys like Clague and Strand are wildcards at this time, but at worst I think they could handle the 6/7 duties.

Reactions: YP44

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
What y'all think, should we declare an unofficial holiday when Vilardi and Kaliev play together on a line for the first time, in Kings uniforms? I think those two skill guys will have instant chemistry and remind the old men here of the days of Carson, Robitaille and Duchesne.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

Alexis Lafreniere
Gabriel Vilardi
Alex Turcotte
Arthur Kaliyev
Bulat Shafigullin
Rasmus Kupari
Samuel Fagemo
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Akil Thomas
Aidan Dudas
Mikey Anderson
Tobias Bjornfot
Sean Durzi
Kale Clague
Jacob Moverare
Austin Strand
I'll be ecstatic if even half of the players on this list play 100 games for the Kings.

Reactions: KopitarFAN and YP44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad