Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Jokes are meant to be funny.

I can take at joke, but these are snipes at the kid and at times it’s pretty cheap. In the absence of any actual humour in some of the comments they become digs. I just think he deserves to be treated with more respect, so I guess I’m just getting old.

I acknowledge I’m a moaning old b@#£@&d.

Man, some of you need to lighten up and not take things so seriously. It’s easier to just ignore these highly bothersome posts if they get you all hot and bothered.

What do you think these supposed “snipes” or “digs” are going to do, hurt his back even further?

I’m actually excited to see if he can join Ontario this season and see how he can help them and where he’s at after missing so much time, and I don’t let words on a silly message board get me bent out of shape.

Some people seem to have really thin skin. I hope some of these players aren’t as sensitive as some of you.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Man, some of you need to lighten up and not take things so seriously. It’s easier to just ignore these highly bothersome posts if they get you all hot and bothered.

I don't know the content until I read it. I can only put a person on ignore, and I don't want to put you on ignore, Ziggy. I like most of what you have to say.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014

What do you think these supposed “snipes” or “digs” are going to do, hurt his back even further?

I’m actually excited to see if he can join Ontario this season and see how he can help them and where he’s at after missing so much time, and I don’t let words on a silly message board get me bent out of shape.

Some people seem to have really thin skin. I hope some of these players aren’t as sensitive as some of you.
I’m not sensitive at all, I guarantee I have thicker skin than 99% of the people on here. I’m just expressing my view on it, it’s not costing me any sleep... I just roll my eyes mutter something about ‘dumbass children’ and move on with my Zimmer frame. I’d be willing to bet most wouldn’t make the ‘funny’ comments to the kids face, instead they’d be more likely offering him a reach around.

I suppose I just like to read attempts at thought out intelligent comments, or for stuff to be actually funny. If it was actually funny I really wouldn’t be complaining so much.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I’m not sensitive at all, I guarantee I have thicker skin than 99% of the people on here. I’m just expressing my view on it, it’s not costing me any sleep... I just roll my eyes mutter something about ‘dumbass children’ and move on with my Zimmer frame. I’d be willing to bet most wouldn’t make the ‘funny’ comments to the kids face, instead they’d be more likely offering him a reach around.

I suppose I just like to read attempts at thought out intelligent comments, or for stuff to be actually funny. If it was actually funny I really wouldn’t be complaining so much.
I mean of course we wouldn’t say these things to the players faces. When Kopitar or Doughty f***s up and someone calls them a dumbass or whatever they wouldn’t say that to their face either. It’s understood that this is a place to vent about the team and that there better be no chance that any player is actually reading these messages.

Anyway glad he’s progressing but I’m holding my optimism till he can get in and stay in the lineup.

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019
Just want to let this forum know that I had my article reviewed by a radiologist (and Kings fan) today. He said that it was “very good medical detective work,” and agreed that a rapid adolescent growth spurt caused spondylolysis and a muscle imbalance in Gabe Vilardi’s body and that makes the most logical sense to him.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Just want to let this forum know that I had my article reviewed by a radiologist (and Kings fan) today. He said that it was “very good medical detective work,” and agreed that a rapid adolescent growth spurt caused spondylolysis and a muscle imbalance in Gabe Vilardi’s body and that makes the most logical sense to him.

Let’s hope you’re right and the guy is on his way to playing some pain free hockey. What made him special was his size and ability to hang onto the puck, so that core strength is going to be important, especially when he’s going up against big defensemen who will be laying the lumber on his lower back.

Hope he’s been eating his steak and vegetables during his long layover.

Last edited:

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Anyway glad he’s progressing but I’m holding my optimism till he can get in and stay in the lineup.

I fully understand why you and many others feel that way about him, but does it need to be repeated every time he hits a new milestone? Are we going to hear it after his first Reign practice, after the first Reign game, after the first Kings practice, first Kings game, first Kings goal, etc?

I mean, it's a message board, so it doesn't really matter, but it just seems like some people have this need to constantly remind everyone that they should not be optimistic in any way regarding him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Let’s hope your right and the guy is on his way to playing some pain free hockey. What made him special was his size and ability to hang onto the puck, so that core strength is going to be important, especially when he’s going up against big defensemen who will be laying the lumber on his lower back.

Hope he’s been eating his steak and vegetables during his long layover.

God damn, no wonder his back hurts, he steak'ed his way from 5'1 to 6'3" in a year

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I fully understand why you and many others feel that way about him, but does it need to be repeated every time he hits a new milestone? Are we going to hear it after his first Reign practice, after the first Reign game, after the first Kings practice, first Kings game, first Kings goal, etc?

I mean, it's a message board, so it doesn't really matter, but it just seems like some people have this need to constantly remind everyone that they should not be optimistic in any way regarding him.
I mean we’re still hearing about Kopitar and Doughty’s contracts years later so...

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014

I think we should all agree on that, it’s certainly great news but I’m not getting over excited.

Anyway, enough of me moaning, I’ll now shut up. We are all Kings fans and are ultimately all on the same side. :thumbu: :nod:

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
Can I just request something, if someone is going to make a ‘joke’ can it at least be funny. Funny means that someone other than yourself laughs out aloud at it. :laugh::naughty:
2nd most points in the league. 80 more than your teams my dude. I can't help the fact that I've faced the highest scoring team 6 out of 8 weeks or the fact that I have a winning smile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191101-083818.png
    Screenshot_20191101-083818.png
    199.5 KB · Views: 6

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
At some point when Vilardi's back is no longer holding him back, I'm sure he'll talk about what was wrong in the first place. Your hypothesis makes a lot of sense given what we know so far.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
The problem is the word chronic injury is getting tossed around, when you throw in that word, it often means careers cut short or never really get started.

But there are a couple of guys who went before Vilardi who are still not in the NHL, so there is hope.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
But there are a couple of guys who went before Vilardi who are still not in the NHL, so there is hope.

While it is still early in their careers, I'm looking at the players that were available when the Kings drafted GV, there have been only two (Robert Thomas - SL and Filip Chytil - NYR) that have played over 60 games in NHL. Doesn't look like a deep draft - looks like the Kings took the BPA with GV. Definitely worth the risk, even if they knew about his back issues.

Jun 30, 2006
Hope your right. Never understood where or how he got the back pain, certainly wasn’t from a hit or anything that I can recall.

Jun 30, 2006
Geez, what happened to this place? A couple years ago when I was here frequently, y'all would joke around a lot and almost everybody would be cool with it. Now i'm seeing people being oversensitive with jokes and calling each other pricks.

Welcome to the cancel culture.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Geez, what happened to this place? A couple years ago when I was here frequently, y'all would joke around a lot and almost everybody would be cool with it. Now i'm seeing people being oversensitive with jokes and calling each other pricks.

I've been on this site since 2005, can confirm.

We all want Vilardi healthy obviously. There's nothing wrong about making jokes either. All the Vilardi health jokes are hilarious to me. You can make light of any situation and thats what the people are doing. Are people supposed to be crying here on his behalf?

I for one can't wait until technology gets better so Vilardi can be the first cybernetic hockey player in the NHL. Half human/ Half robot.

Last edited:

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Welcome to the cancel culture.

I don't think it's cancel culture, nobody is demanding that someone else get kicked off of the board. People should be able to make back by christmas jokes and other people should be able to say that the back before christmas jokes are getting tiresome. It's a f***ing message board and people are going to voice their opinions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad