Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Seriously guys, we should be focusing more on college hockey and Jim Fox is short jokes like our broadcast team.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Almost every response to the news is are "lol Gabriel Barney! He'll be BACK by Christmas, amirite?"

It doesn't ruin my excitement. I have genuine cautious optimism which doesn't get affected by remarks on the Internet. It's just getting old.
I mean you said "all this positive news gets ruined " but ok cool.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Yes, where did I say my excitement gets ruined?
giphy.gif

You said "it" gets ruined, I chose the word excitement. Have it your way.

Reactions: Fishhead

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Geez, what happened to this place? A couple years ago when I was here frequently, y'all would joke around a lot and almost everybody would be cool with it. Now i'm seeing people being oversensitive with jokes and calling each other pricks.

When it's the same joke every time, multiple times, it just gets old. Like, not funny old. That's all.

And leave out the "oversensitive" bit - that's getting old, too, and could easily be applied both ways. No need to throw gas on fire with that loaded word.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
When it's the same joke every time, multiple times, it just gets old. Like, not funny old. That's all.

And leave out the "oversensitive" bit - that's getting old, too, and could easily be applied both ways. No need to throw gas on fire with that loaded word.

That's the thing, I feel like ever since I started posting here its been like that. While it gets at least a chuckle out of me every time same jokes are made, nobody would say anything about it. I'll admit that i'm one of those people too who made the same repeated joke, I posted that Davis Drewiske picture every time we won a game as a joke a few years back. I'm sure very few found it funny and most didn't but I don't remember anybody saying, enough of that stupid picture. I think people just ignored it, and moved on with the topic.

And you're absolutely right, "oversensitive" is probably the wrong word to use there.

I guess its just weird to me seeing all that now. The stupid jokes on this board would help me get through my day and everyone was somewhat positive and making jokes even when the Kings were playing like sh*t.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
That's the thing, I feel like ever since I started posting here its been like that. While it gets at least a chuckle out of me every time same jokes are made, nobody would say anything about it. I'll admit that i'm one of those people too who made the same repeated joke, I posted that Davis Drewiske picture every time we won a game as a joke a few years back. I'm sure very few found it funny and most didn't but I don't remember anybody saying, enough of that stupid picture. I think people just ignored it, and moved on with the topic.

And you're absolutely right, "oversensitive" is probably the wrong word to use there.

I guess its just weird to me seeing all that now. The stupid jokes on this board would help me get through my day and everyone was somewhat positive and making jokes even when the Kings were playing like sh*t.

Sorry if I'm coming off a bit pissy. I usually like to post jokes (and maybe they're only funny to me, so I can't cast stones there). It's more the unrelenting negativity from some Kings fans, (and I get it, based on our history ) but with this kid fighting to regain his health and salvage his career, it just rubs me the wrong way after awhile. That's all.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Sorry if I'm coming off a bit pissy. I usually like to post jokes (and maybe they're only funny to me, so I can't cast stones there). It's more the unrelenting negativity from some Kings fans, (and I get it, based on our history ) but with this kid fighting to regain his health and salvage his career, it just rubs me the wrong way after awhile. That's all.

Pretty much my stance. Hopefully people know I have a sense of humor, and it's certainly my own humor and not for everyone. The jokes just seem misplaced and overused, especially when we're seeing such progress.

I get it. It doesn't change my view on the situation, but it just has me feel a little less excited to click onto a thread or read comments. I know it's the Internet, and I'm not trying to change it. As you said, it just rubs me the wrong way.

One of the things I love about the GDT is the different ways we can voice our misery when the Kings do something screwy, and it always feels original. The humor in this thread just doesn't resonate the same way with me, and maybe that's just my own sensitivity or my fault.

Reactions: FrozenKing18

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Oh you're totally fine, I don't feel that you're coming off that way.
Pretty much my stance. Hopefully people know I have a sense of humor, and it's certainly my own humor and not for everyone. The jokes just seem misplaced and overused, especially when we're seeing such progress.

I get it. It doesn't change my view on the situation, but it just has me feel a little less excited to click onto a thread or read comments. I know it's the Internet, and I'm not trying to change it. As you said, it just rubs me the wrong way.

One of the things I love about the GDT is the different ways we can voice our misery when the Kings do something screwy, and it always feels original. The humor in this thread just doesn't resonate the same way with me, and maybe that's just my own sensitivity or my fault.

And I do get it, and understand. From both sides. Yes the jokes are kinda ehhh because of the circumstances and its not going to be everyone's cup of tea. But like you said, people here have different ways of expressing their feelings about a topic. I feel like most of them are through humor and I don't think any of us here wants to see Vilardi fail, I think we just like to make jokes to make light of the situation but at the same time, it's like "Hell yeah! Recover and get healthy so you can tear it up with the Kings whenever the time comes!" At least, that's how I see it. :dunno:

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
Geez, what happened to this place? A couple years ago when I was here frequently, y'all would joke around a lot and almost everybody would be cool with it. Now i'm seeing people being oversensitive with jokes and calling each other pricks.

This seems to be particularly bad the last couple days. I don't think it's the norm.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Almost every response to the news is are "lol Gabriel Barney! He'll be BACK by Christmas, amirite?"

It doesn't ruin my excitement. I have genuine cautious optimism which doesn't get affected by remarks on the Internet. It's just getting old.
I’m with you, it’s irritating. You’d think there would be a little more of a supportive attitude towards the kid from some.

Reactions: RossLonsberryFan

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Do people really believe Kings fans are hoping for Vilardi to fail?

I guess some fans can’t take a joke.
Jokes are meant to be funny.

I can take at joke, but these are snipes at the kid and at times it’s pretty cheap. In the absence of any actual humour in some of the comments they become digs. I just think he deserves to be treated with more respect, so I guess I’m just getting old.

I acknowledge I’m a moaning old b@#£@&d.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Can I just request something, if someone is going to make a ‘joke’ can it at least be funny. Funny means that someone other than yourself laughs out aloud at it. :laugh::naughty:

Reactions: RossLonsberryFan

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
I can take at joke, but these are snipes at the kid and at times it’s pretty cheap. In the absence of any actual humour in some of the comments they become digs. I just think he deserves to be treated with more respect, so I guess I’m just getting old.
I have to agree with this one Ziggy...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad