Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Gretzky has the same issue. Sounds like the kid could be back on the ice next year. Good, rest up Gabe! Just don’t go full Brodzinski and become a twitch legend.

Gretzky never missed anything close to a season after he was about 14 so he must have been very young IF he ever had it. When Gretzky was 20 he was leading the NHL in scoring.

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
Is this a legitimate source? Or is it just speculation? I would love to believe that it is an issue that can be resolved, but I hesitate to get my hopes up.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I’ve made a number off posts where I’ve said his back injury could well be something age related, I was thinking more along the lines of something along the lines of standard MSK bio mechanics, but this is a better answer as it is much more specific with regards to timelines and patterns. In particular I’m thinking that the lack of comment by the Kings also supports the theory. If he had anything that needed any major surgical intervention I’m sure we’d have known about it long ago.

Still, he’s not on the ice yet so it’s still a case of wait and hope. The good news is though that if this is the correct diagnosis, once he’s healed it stays healed.

Reactions: RossLonsberryFan

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
The guy in the video called it Spondylolysis. He said the bones in his spine aren’t ossified yet but eventually they will and then it’s over with this problem. Because is this issue he gets fractures. That’s the theory.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Is this a legitimate source? Or is it just speculation? I would love to believe that it is an issue that can be resolved, but I hesitate to get my hopes up.

It's speculation based on the treatment/information provided so far.

Reactions: Basilisk

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007

No, its a guess by someone who emphasizes that they are not a medical professional. He could be right, but all he has to go off of is that its common in young athletes and the prescribed treatment is merely rest.

Its certainly a possibility, and it'd be great if he's right, but definitely not a good idea to get your hopes up.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Not a legitimate source. I went to high school with him. He’s a huge Kings fan who is presenting a possible scenario about Vilardi.

Given the fact that the Kings haven’t provided any details, we are all just left to speculate what’s going on with him. Hopefully, Stephen’s correct, because without any other info, I keep thinking GV is going to need a spine transplant.

LB

Jun 4, 2014
Los Angeles
I just looked that up too. Interesting.

I agree that 'just' spondylosis would be great. Would also line up perfectly with what a lot of us thought about their simply keeping him off the ice recovering and expecting a full or near-full recovery. Still blows my mind that people are shocked that a major back concern and procedure would keep someone off the ice for a season and still be a relatively positive diagnosis vs. LOL CAREERS OVER SUCKERS.
Because they've offered no information at all other than "back issues" this whole time...and how long it's been, it's no wonder everyone assumes the worst.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I just hope the kid doesn’t have what my father has which is ankylosing spondilytis because he would never hit his full potential and the pain normally hits other parts of your body . He would be able to play but few big hits and he would be out for months again . Best way is to work out and strengthen muscles and mentally prepare to play with the pain .

This why I along with others respect my father so much because he thugs it out

Jul 31, 2005
CA

100% speculation by somebody who isn't a doctor nor did he stay at a Holiday Inn anytime recently.

Reactions: dman3474

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I hope Gabriel Vilardi returns to 100% full health! I have my doubts like everyone else with half a brain. Personally I think he's done. Stick a fork in he's done! I hope he proves me wrong...at best a 4th line RWinger...with the game going to speed the big guy becomes persona non grata!

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I hope Gabriel Vilardi returns to 100% full health! I have my doubts like everyone else with half a brain. Personally I think he's done. Stick a fork in he's done! I hope he proves me wrong...at best a 4th line RWinger...with the game going to speed the big guy becomes persona non grata!

Find a new slant!

When Vilardi leads the Kings in scoring in three years you'll all be feeling real dumb!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Find a new slant!

When Vilardi leads the Kings in scoring in three years you'll all be feeling real dumb!
You are highly optimistic! Vilardi will be lucky to be a regular for the Kings...he's probably Seattle bound...so we can protect Petersen...provided Quick isn't dealt for some picks!

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
You are highly optimistic! Vilardi will be lucky to be a regular for the Kings...he's probably Seattle bound...so we can protect Petersen...provided Quick isn't dealt for some picks!

Why would Vilardi be Seattle bound? You think Seattle would trade for him or try to submit a claim on an expansion exempt player?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Why would Vilardi be Seattle bound? You think Seattle would trade for him or try to submit a claim on an expansion exempt player?

Because in my expert medical opinion of knowing nothing of his actual condition or what to do about it even if I did, his career is over, fool. Seattle would be foolish not to submit a claim on a player whose career is already over, exemption be damned!

Reactions: King'sPawn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad