Recalled/Assigned: Gabriel Dumont sent down (Feb. 9)

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Had to dig this thread up from page 3 lol. I guess we don't talk about Dumont much.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Dumont is one of those guys a la Blunden who will toil around as fringe players good enough to plug in for an injury, and nothing more.

I wouldn't be upset if he never played for the Habs again. Doesn't bring anything to the table that isn't readily available in most minor-league fringe guys.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Love Dumont as a leader and efficient scorer in Hamilton, he seems to be thriving there this year in that role. I think he's a serviceable fill in in a 4th line, speed being his biggest asset. That said, I found him to be a bit chicken-with-his-head-cut-offy in his few games, where as Thomas/DLR seem to look like they belong a bit more or just know where to be a bit more if that makes sense. I would bet Dumont was just super pumped and was trying to show his hustle/tenacity but anyway, no big deal either way. I think Bournival is guilty of the same thing sometimes since his minutes have been so limited this year.

Seems like a high character dude so Dumont will go down and be a huge part of Hamilton and maybe this adds even more to what he can bring them for their playoff push. If he is lucky enough to get another call up I'm sure he could show more as well but who knows. Honestly it would be cool if he would be content just being a leader in Hamilton as I think again he can excel there and be a great role model as well, a real solid captain in the AHL. Maybe he'll get a decent raise in his AHL contract to incentivize that as I believe he's an RFA next year, I'm not sure if that happens often though.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I really like his intensity during his tenure but I feel like he has regressed a little bit since the last time we saw him. Not sure if he has a future on the habs or if he's gonna be a career AHL guy. Best of luck to him and hopefully he can improve his game.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Dumont is one of those guys a la Blunden who will toil around as fringe players good enough to plug in for an injury, and nothing more.

I wouldn't be upset if he never played for the Habs again. Doesn't bring anything to the table that isn't readily available in most minor-league fringe guys.

Blunden will be playing on the top line with Stamkos as early as the playoffs. Was a huge mistake to let him go.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Dumont will never make this team. Said it before I ll say it again. He doesn't offer anything to help the team. He will be moved soon. I prefer Bournival he is a winner 4th line or not.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Not everybody is good enough for the NHL. Dumont is a great AHLer. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad