Recalled/Assigned: Gabriel Dumont sent down (Feb. 9)

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Why never callup Hudon? Sick of seeing Weise on the 1st line!

Barring injuries, I don't think we will see hudon this season.

This whole ordeal kind of reminds me of andighetto last season. These shiny new toys that everyone wants to see right away, but the habs organization wanting to break in slowly.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
At least Dumont may fit better on the 4th line than what Thomas or Ghetto did. If Thomas and Ghetto aren't playing in offensive roles they would likely be better off staying in the AHL instead of playing 5 or 6 minutes on a 4th line in the NHL.

I'd rather the Habs leave Hudon in the AHL than have him playing on a 4th line with Manny. Now if MT was gonna move Weise to the 4th line and give Hudon a legit shot in the top 6 with offensive players I wouldn't mind that on a trial basis to see how it would go..

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
...whoo hoo...another kid Therrien can ruin...bring 'em on...

If Therrien is good at one thing, it's to discipline the younger players and make them gradually NHL-ready. You can't say that he ruined any of our young prospects and that's the reason I don't mind having him around.

Besides, this does not apply in this situation. Dumont is a career-AHL or not even.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
At least Dumont may fit better on the 4th line than what Thomas or Ghetto did. If Thomas and Ghetto aren't playing in offensive roles they would likely be better off staying in the AHL instead of playing 5 or 6 minutes on a 4th line in the NHL.

I'd rather the Habs leave Hudon in the AHL than have him playing on a 4th line with Manny. Now if MT was gonna move Weise to the 4th line and give Hudon a legit shot in the top 6 with offensive players I wouldn't mind that on a trial basis to see how it would go..

Like you said, I think they want to give Hudon one full AHL year no matter what.

And I honestly don't see any offensive potential in Thomas...he's like Bournival but without the odd goal.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Has always been one of my favorite prospects, works his butt off every shift like old time Habs always did, that's why they were champions continually. Every player showed the same pride and effort for their team and teammates. Go Dumont Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I like those tryouts they've been doing with the kids.

Somebody mentionned Hensick. I think he's signed to Hamilton, not us. We'd need to sign him first, no?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Do we only have spare small jerseys to rotate through the call ups?

Maybe Audette is an emergency call up next

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Dumont was called up 2 years I thought he played alright. Then kind of regressed under Syl. He won Guy Carbonneau award in junior so should be good defensively. I remember he was kind of feisty when here before. Hope he gets a fair chance

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
A lot of people were complaining about the 4th line last night against Dallas saying it didn't really have a purpose, just a mish-mash of left-overs. Dumont is a great addition to change that dynamic. He's a high-tempo, speedy, intense player who will give everything he has all the time.

I think he has a lot more skills than Malhotra at this point in Malhotra's career. The only thing he's missing is size.

I think this call-up makes sense. Good for him. Let's see what he brings.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
A lot of people were complaining about the 4th line last night against Dallas saying it didn't really have a purpose, just a mish-mash of left-overs. Dumont is a great addition to change that dynamic. He's a high-tempo, speedy, intense player who will give everything he has all the time.

The thing is though, the Habs have the personnel to have a good 4th line, but we have two 4th liners in the top 9 with Prust and Weise.

With PAP out, and the Habs lead in the standings, they can afford to have someone like Andrighetto play alongside Plekanec and Pacioretty, while placing Bournival with Eller and Sekac. Instead, every line is almost a mish mash.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
The thing is though, the Habs have the personnel to have a good 4th line, but we have two 4th liners in the top 9 with Prust and Weise.

With PAP out, and the Habs lead in the standings, they can afford to have someone like Andrighetto play alongside Plekanec and Pacioretty, while placing Bournival with Eller and Sekac. Instead, every line is almost a mish mash.

While I agree with you, Dumont brings a lot more energy than Malhotra. Then again, so does Bournival... But obviously, Therrien loves his grinders in the top-9, so more grinders for us!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad