Recalled/Assigned: Gabriel Dumont sent down (Feb. 9)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Could of given Hensick a shot.

He's on an AHL contract, we have room to sign him but I would be surprised if they did.

At least Dumont may fit better on the 4th line than what Thomas or Ghetto did. If Thomas and Ghetto aren't playing in offensive roles they would likely be better off staying in the AHL instead of playing 5 or 6 minutes on a 4th line in the NHL.

agreed, I like Dumont for the 4th line over guys that aren't really suited for the 4th line. Plus it's a reward for all his hard work.

Somebody mentionned Hensick. I think he's signed to Hamilton, not us. We'd need to sign him first, no?

correct

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Dumont is Gallagher with one more inch, less NHL experience and a willingness to fight anyone, all while being a center.

Gallagher has rounded into a 20-30 goals per season NHL forward. You think Dumont has that in him?

Apart from their height and their never-say-die comportment on the ice, is there really any similarity between the two players at all? I think Steve Begin might be a more apt comparable for Dumont.

HabsDieHard*

I know it's probably a cute little article you posted, but the teams that go deep have big players in key positions. Montreal is very small on the wing, and at center. It makes a difference if you were matched up in the playoffs, a big difference.

Habs beat a much bigger Bruins team last year.

And they have a bigger team now than they did at the time.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
People kept saying this about Bouillon and Gionta and Gorges... you know what? They might have played like big guys, but they weren't, and we were one of the softest, easiest team to play against.

I'll take a 5'7'' guy trying to hit me anyday before a 6'3'' guy just bumping into me.

Gorges is like 6'2" lol

I honestly don't get why anybody is *****ing about giving him a call up there's nothing to lose

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Jessica Rusnak ‏@JessRusnak 2m2 minutes ago
#habson690 Therrien wouldn't confirm his line up but said calling up Dumont was to reward him & for insurance having only 12 Fs on the road

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Jessica Rusnak ‏@JessRusnak 2m2 minutes ago
#habson690 Therrien wouldn't confirm his line up but said calling up Dumont was to reward him & for insurance having only 12 Fs on the road

She's talking about it on TSN690 right now.

I like Rusnak since she seems to ask tougher questions than most of the other Montreal media.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Rewarding him for playing well in Hamilton also a way to let the kids know we are taking notes. As for Hudon? He doesnt need the pressure let him develop and get stronger. Dumont is almost out of the league

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Gorges is like 6'2" lol

I honestly don't get why anybody is *****ing about giving him a call up there's nothing to lose

He is listed as 6'1" but that is total bs. I am 6'2" and have met him in person........he is 6'0" at best. My guess is he is slightly under 6'0"feet. It is very common for athletes to give false stats like this. I felt significantly bigger than Gorges........absolutely no way he is 6'2" my friend. If you ever watch him play live, he looks very small for a d-man.

Nynja*

I suspect this is a shot across Malhotra's bow.

If Manny can't win key faceoffs, he's dead to us, given his offensive production to date.

Gets kicked out of one draw that leads to a goal: "TRADE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORTHLESS PUKE"

eastcoast72

Sep 19, 2011
...who won't make the same dumb mistakes Thomas is doing.

I'm kinda curious what the "same dumb mistakes" you're referring to ?

I agree that Thomas never was and never will excel as a 4th line grinder at any level - OHL, AHL or NHL - but I think he's holding his own out there...'cause no bonafide NHL coach would dress a fringe player making the so-called "same dumb mistakes" every night at this level - showcasing or not.

Nevertheless, pretty tough for the kid to show his offensive skills while playing with
a centreman who has 1 assist in 40+ games - with all due respect to Malhotra's face-off prowess.

Dumont fits the 4th line bill better than both the other guys - Ghetto or Thomas.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I'd like to see Dumont get in there for one game at least this weekend.

Take Thomas out. Or better, take Malhotra out.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm not the biggest Dumont fan but I like what's he brought to the 4th line. Much more engaged than Malhotra. I hope Dumont gets a chance to play a few more games.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
So far this recall is reminding me of his previous ones... he is sort of doing ok... but tbh, I don't really see quite the same spark he brings to the Bulldogs? I always figure if he's going to get himself noticed up here, if anything he has to be even more aggressive here. He's not going to be able to chip in on offense the same way, but he can hit and agitate even more to make up for it. Maybe get into a scrap. Whereas, he seems to do less of that stuff too. :dunno:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So far this recall is reminding me of his previous ones... he is sort of doing ok... but tbh, I don't really see quite the same spark he brings to the Bulldogs? I always figure if he's going to get himself noticed up here, if anything he has to be even more aggressive here. He's not going to be able to chip in on offense the same way, but he can hit and agitate even more to make up for it. Maybe get into a scrap. Whereas, he seems to do less of that stuff too. :dunno:

if i'm the Habs I look at Dumont and ask can he help the Habs more then Bournival? Since MB has been in such a scoring slump since his hot start in October 2013 and early Nov, he's scored in just 2 games including playoffs. Plus he can go to Hamilton without waivers so I wonder if it wouldn't help his confidence to play with the Dogs and since they are in a real fight for the playoffs with about 6 or 7 teams for the final few spots perhaps he could help them as a win win type of move.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I don't mind Dumont, always had a soft spot for him. I prefer him to Malhotra at this point. He's willing to go in the corners and mix it up but we definitely need a long term fixture for the role of 4th line center.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Dumont sent down.
@renlavoietva: Gabriel Dumont sent down to Hamilton. #canadiens

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I see De La Rose replacing Malhotra on 4th C and Thomas is here replacing injured Parenteau. Dumont was about to be send down because he was here for rewarding play in AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad