Recalled/Assigned: Gabriel Dumont sent down (Feb. 9)

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
@CanadiensMTL
Canadiens recalled forward Gabriel Dumont from the Hamilton Bulldogs tonight. He will be at practice Wednesday at the Bell Sports Complex.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Ok. For what purpose? 4th line center?

Good reward for him though, he's been playing well.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
The team has enough bottom 6 players as is. Put Weise back in the bottom 6, call up Ghetto or Hudon and put them next to Pacioretty and Plekanec until PAP is healthy.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
he deserves a shot i mean he is a bit small but he can skate, shoot and play 2 way can be a great addition on the 4th line

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Happy for him.

He's got a good work ethic and an underrated offensive game. Ironically for a bottom six player, I find the weakest part of his game is his play in his own zone. Hopefully he's polished that.

hsukhdeo

Dec 17, 2014
Making a smallish team smaller...again. I don't mind Dumont as I think he can play in the NHL, but the Habs have too many of these type of players and calling him up makes no sense to me.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I haven't seen us lose a game this year because we're too small. Tampa kicks our ass because they're faster than us. The Rangers beat us last year because they were faster than us.

Slower players like Richards and PAP don't have their place in the NHL anymore. Smaller quicker players like Tyler Johnson and Johnny hockey do.

Let's see what Dumont can do.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
Great. Probably his last chance with the habs. He's been playing well last few games in Hamilton and truly is a team player. Underrated offensive game too.

HabsDieHard*

Brutal.

Dumont is the type of guy who should be a call up only due to need from injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad