Recalled/Assigned: Gabriel Dumont sent down (Feb. 9)

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Dumont is a way better player than Malhotra and will bring a ton of speed and energy to our fourth line. Our centres are all pretty good at faceoffs, there is no reason to have Malholtra in the lineup every game just because he basically wins 5 more faceoffs out of 100 compared to our other centres... he's a liability on the ice at both ends.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
He is pretty thick eh ?

184 Lbs is pretty heavy for a guy his size.

I was uninpressed last time I saw him but who knows.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
I could see Therrien going with a full kid line to spark some vets.

Bournival-Dumont-Thomas. That's a lot of speed and energy. They'll be so annoying to play against.

Malhotra will probably be scratched again.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Well he's a better fit than Thomas on the fourth line and he's probably better than Malhotra

When PAP is back we can go back to

Pacioretty - Plekanec - PAP
Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Gallagher
Prust - Eller - Sekac
Dumont - Bournival - Weise

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Making a smallish team smaller...again. I don't mind Dumont as I think he can play in the NHL, but the Habs have too many of these type of players and calling him up makes no sense to me.

Which one ? Have you seen Dumont play ? Because it looks like you have no idea what type of player he is...

He might be 5'10... but he plays like a big guy.

Brutal.

Dumont is the type of guy who should be a call up only due to need from injury.

There is an injury and the player actually replacing him (Thomas), has no business in the NHL.

Dumont is a much better fit on the 4th line... he's an energy guy, AHL veteran who won't make the same dumb mistakes Thomas is doing.

The sad part is that we already have a perfect player for that line... but MT plays him on the 1st...

I think there is some miscommunication between MB and MT... I'm pretty sure MB recalled Thomas to replace PAP, but the dumb idiot decide to replace PAP with Weise, therefor plugging Thomas on the 4th... after a few games MB kind of realize his no IQ coach would not change this... so he recalled a better fit for the 4th.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Just wanted to note that I don't hate Dumont. I like what he has shown everytime he was called up in the past. I just don't think the habs need more bottom 6 players at this point.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Just wanted to note that I don't hate Dumont. I like what he has shown everytime he was called up in the past. I just don't think the habs need more bottom 6 players at this point.

With PAP out, it would have been a great time to give a guy like Dumont a shot and play him in the top 9, must be a reason they haven't called him up yet. Anyways good for Dumont, I always liked his passion out there. I prefer his energy out there than a guy like Thomas

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
With PAP out, it would have been a great time to give a guy like Dumont a shot and play him in the top 9, must be a reason they haven't called him up yet. Anyways good for Dumont, I always liked his passion out there. I prefer his energy out there than a guy like Thomas

I wonder why they are not calling up Hudon though ?

He is the one that should be getting at least a few games.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Dumont is a way better player than Malhotra and will bring a ton of speed and energy to our fourth line. Our centres are all pretty good at faceoffs, there is no reason to have Malholtra in the lineup every game just because he basically wins 5 more faceoffs out of 100 compared to our other centres... he's a liability on the ice at both ends.

Malhotra has weakest wrist shot I have seen on NHL player

hsukhdeo

Dec 17, 2014
Which one ? Have you seen Dumont play ? Because it looks like you have no idea what type of player he is...

There is an injury and the player actually replacing him (Thomas), has no business in the NHL.

Dumont is a much better fit on the 4th line... he's an energy guy, AHL veteran who won't make the same dumb mistakes Thomas is doing.

The sad part is that we already have a perfect player for that line... but MT plays him on the 1st...

I think there is some miscommunication between MB and MT... I'm pretty sure MB recalled Thomas to replace PAP, but the dumb idiot decide to replace PAP with Weise, therefor plugging Thomas on the 4th... after a few games MB kind of realize his no IQ coach would not change this... so he recalled a better fit for the 4th.

Enough with this "He's small but he plays big" crap. Heard it for 20+ years, and where is the cup? Right thought so...and why keep bringing in these type of players that won't get you anywhere in the playoffs. Anyhwere = cup if you were not clear what I was talking about. And I do know how Dumont plays, that's why I said he can play in the NHL and that I have nothing against him. But he is not the right player for us because we have similar players like him. And the Kings won the cup mostly on size grit and speed and Quick being insane in the playoffs. Same with the Hawks...and yes they do have small players but their core up front and on the D are bigger, faster players. Why can't we emulate that? We have a blue print and we already have Price, but it seems that every year management tries and make excuses for these smallish type players that burnout in the playoffs. I'm hoping Sherbak and McCaron pan out because that will be part of our core going forward.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I think, like most people on this board, management has been getting restless waiting for Malhotra to contribute something beyond a nice faceoff win percentage. I think Malhotra blowing those 2 key faceoffs late in periods 1 & 2 was the kick they needed to bring in someone who could at the very least challenge for the 4C job.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Enough with this "He's small but he plays big" crap. Heard it for 20+ years, and where is the cup? Right thought so...and why keep bringing in these type of players that won't get you anywhere in the playoffs. Anyhwere = cup if you were not clear what I was talking about. And I do know how Dumont plays, that's why I said he can play in the NHL and that I have nothing against him. But he is not the right player for us because we have similar players like him. And the Kings won the cup mostly on size grit and speed and Quick being insane in the playoffs. Same with the Hawks...and yes they do have small players but their core up front and on the D are bigger, faster players. Why can't we emulate that? We have a blue print and we already have Price, but it seems that every year management tries and make excuses for these smallish type players that burnout in the playoffs. I'm hoping Sherbak and McCaron pan out because that will be part of our core going forward.

Again this myth that size makes you win Stanley cups... :shakehead

http://www.psychologytomorrowmagazine.com/penis-envy-the-truth-about-how-we-feel-about-penises/

It's talent that does...

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Anyhting to get Malhotra out of the lineup. Auditions will continue until they find someone who can play 4th line centre. Malhotra helped immensely on faceoffs but has now gone bad. He needs to be a perpetual healthy scratch by playoff time.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

People kept saying this about Bouillon and Gionta and Gorges... you know what? They might have played like big guys, but they weren't, and we were one of the softest, easiest team to play against.

I'll take a 5'7'' guy trying to hit me anyday before a 6'3'' guy just bumping into me.

hsukhdeo

Dec 17, 2014
Again this myth that size makes you win Stanley cups... :shakehead

http://www.psychologytomorrowmagazine.com/penis-envy-the-truth-about-how-we-feel-about-penises/

It's talent that does...

Well size sure helps see LA Kings, Hawks, Bruins, Penguins. We always had speed and talent, but it seems we burnout in the later rounds in the playoffs. And talent is just another key element, but you don't win cups on talent alone or else we would have won one along time ago. What was always constant was a lack of size and grit. Yeah but keep telling yourself that, it sure looks like it's working. Again where's the cup?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I wonder why they are not calling up Hudon though ?

He is the one that should be getting at least a few games.

I think because he's an AHL rookie they'd rather him spend the whole season down there playing top minutes and getting used to the pro game instead of playing on our 3rd/4th lines.

Plus they need to make decisions about guys like Thomas and Dumont faster than they do about Hudon so it's more of a priority to give them a chance to prove that they can play in the NHL.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

I agree we need more help in the top 9 but I think he's a huge improvement over Malholtra and will give us a fourth line than can bring energy and hopefully finally chip in some goals instead of being pinned in our end the whole shift.

With Parenteau back something like this would look good:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Parenteau
Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bournival - Eller - Sekac
Prust - Dumont - Weise

If Parenteau isn't back soon I would love to see Ghetto get a chance on the top line though.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
^
I like that third line. However if they decide to give Hudon a few games, I wouldn't mind Sekac taking the RW spot on the first. And Hudon with Eller.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec

Malhotra is just happy to win the face off, doesn't seem to care for the rest, yesterday ,he was awful, not giving the effort. I think we have to give a chance to someone else.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
As long as we're calling up a guy and are going to put him on the 4th line with 5-8 mins a night, then I think Dumont is the perfect recall. There's really no point to Thomas, Andrighetto, or especially Hudon in that spot.

I've always enjoyed watching Dumont in Hamilton, I thought maybe the spark he brings to the game might translate a bit better than it did in his past recall cameos, though. Hopefully he doesn't miss out on this opportunity. If he can really agitate more out there and still bring his best other qualities, I think he can make our 4th line a little livelier than it has been. But I kept hoping for that the last few times he got recalled too, and I didn't really see it.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
J-F Chaumont ‏@JFChaumontJDM 24s24 seconds ago
#Habs: Gabriel Dumont alterne avec Manny Malhotra pour le poste de 4e centre.

Alternating with Malhotra as 4th line centre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad