Post-Game Talk: G9: Not-Charas @ The Fighting Charas | 1/30/21 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
We are consistently on the short end of PPs, even in games when we carried more of the play. I would want an explanation if I’m the Caps. What does the ref think, that Hathaway lost his edge the exact moment the Bruin’s stick went back into his skate?
I’d like to see PPs even out as well. Lavi needs to chew out the refs some here and there. That does work. But also we did not carry play tonight, Bruins caved us in throughout

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
lucky win safed by the captain

big - for laviolete refusing to ice the top line the last minutes... 13 min toi for #8... is this another oeates/hunter ? caps managment cant be really patient with their roster at this time and have to follow this guy closely. if that is his patern now... he can go back to where he came from. i fear that lavi is a Pejorative Slur.

Backstrom is the top line. Ov hadnt skated in more than a week. 13 mins was plenty. Particularly given they had a lead all that time.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Yeah I'm starting to get used to Alexa now.

Bring back Carlin as an analyst replacement to Ashooh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corby78

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Hagelin played 18:42. Only Wilson and Dowd played more. Somebody likes him

His time is up because we are missing a bunch of players and Ovechkin just got back from not skating for a week +. He was averaging ~12 minutes before the Russians weren’t able to play.

He has 1A in 8 games. He’s overpaid.

Reactions: Pomee

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
You did it NHL, you win The abomination you call officiating makes the games unwatchable and I give up.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If he could have scored a couple timely ones in the playoffs, woulda been huge. We used to be SO short on scoring in 1980s postseasons. Like the ungodly so-called Easter Epic. What a painful memory

Sigh....I can still remember the beauty of him storming down RW, blazing wheels and huge slapper for gorgeous goals in the regular season and that crap would dry up regularly in the playoffs......soooooooo painful.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
If he could have scored a couple timely ones in the playoffs, woulda been huge. We used to be SO short on scoring in 1980s postseasons. Like the ungodly so-called Easter Epic. What a painful memory
Those f***ing teams... Not so different from the early Ovie playoff years. Star power was checked to within an inch of its life, and no depth scoring to contribute and help loosen the coverage on the top 6. Ugh. And also the goaltending... :facepalm:

Reactions: marcel snapshot

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just searched on Ashooh. He is a contributor. Sounds like he is a sports talk radio guy. On his website he doesnt even mention the Capitals. So......

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
His time is up because we are missing a bunch of players and Ovechkin just got back from not skating for a week +. He was averaging ~12 minutes before the Russians weren’t able to play.

He has 1A in 8 games. He’s overpaid.

Look at that again. Laviolette is doing something he likes. Dowd Hagelin and Hathaway have been minutes leaders for a while now. He played 6 mins more than Panik and 4 more than Vrana. Dowd played more than Oshie. I think this is a trend. Dowd's line was against Bergeron and the goal Marchand scored was after an icing when Lavy couldnt get the Dowd line out.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Just searched on Ashooh. He is a contributor. Sounds like he is a sports talk radio guy. On his website he doesnt even mention the Capitals. So......
Just some cheap contract for hire it seems. Better update that resume Ashooh

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Dunno if this was posted yet. Just sharing.

upload_2021-1-30_22-15-8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad