GDT: G8: Aisles vs Nick-less Capstroms - 7:08pm EST

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Good for Osh, maybe this will give him some
He was an animal early last year though, he's just a guy who seems like he's lost what made him work because Murray doesn't know how to build the game of his goalies. He's the guy that I think is most proving the point, he came in and lost a lot of what made him work.

Also yeah, fool missed it with his glove and it hit him in the shoulder, if you can't make that save you didn't get interfered with. It was literally almost center mass.
100% on Lindgren/Murray. Murray keeps getting a free pass because he was basically demoted back to Mitch Korn's assistant when the Caps won the Cup. Murray couldn't fix Holtby as Korn had step back in front from his consulting position to get Holtby's mental focus corrected for the playoffs.

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Move where? His glove was past where it needed to be. He didn't need to be anywhere he wasn't already, he missed the puck and it hit him in the body anyway.
The way I see it is he wasn’t able to move due to Oshie’s positioning. Just my opinion. Announcers seemed pretty convinced too.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Good for Osh, maybe this will give him some

100% on Lindgren/Murray. Murray keeps getting a free pass because he was basically demoted back to Mitch Korn's assistant when the Caps won the Cup. Murray couldn't fix Holtby as Korn had step back in front from his consulting position to get Holtby's mental focus corrected for the playoffs.
Which should have been the fracture point, and I don't get how nobody's dealt with that.

Korn left, everybody got worse, Holtby was flailing, they brought Korn back in, Holtby skyrocketed, and then everyone just kind of went "well that was what it was, go back to doing what you do" even though they literally had to bail the man out. Then every goalie since has sucked, and then gone on to either retire or play the same if not better for other teams.
The way I see it is he wasn’t able to move due to Oshie’s positioning. Just my opinion. Announcers seemed pretty convinced too.
Again, move where? He's virtually square to the puck and could have it in his glove if he actually bothered to catch it. From the overhead view his glove is to the left of the puck, which just means "bring it towards the chest" and it's a done deal.

It hits the man in the shoulder. Can't tell me he had no opportunity to make the save when he missed it, it still hit him, and then went to what would have been the corner except for Oshie being there.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
He was, but he also turned into a pumpkin later in the season. Would you trust Lindgren to be the starter again next time Darcy goes down?
Absolutely not. What I see from Lindgren is he's flashy, but not always consistent making the saves he should stop. Murray is a horrible goalie coach in having the goalie work on their mental game. Korn was an expert working on goalies with their conditioning, mental and physical parts of their game. Murray just has these goalies working on what he thinks is innovative and doesn't have the goalies master the basics. Kuemper game has been better of late, and I think that shows as a vet he knows how to work and correct his game. Lindgren is cheating a lot and not being patient with shooters.

Reactions: koalabear9301

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I wouldn't go that far. They heard from one of their leaders yesterday that his comeback has faltered. It's emotional. This game might be an indicator or it might just be a speedbump.
I kind of had the same hunch right when the game was starting, like they're there but they're basically still dealing with a loss that really impacts the team. Between that and the layover to think about that this was going to be a tough one.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I wouldn't go that far. They heard from one of their leaders yesterday that his comeback has faltered. It's emotional. This game might be an indicator or it might just be a speedbump.

I was hoping it would spark an intense fire.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Just bad, bad bounces all night. Hard to do much more than they did, could have easily scored 4 with an inch here or there.

Oh well. Weird as it is this was a good, positive game that just sucked anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad