GDT: G8: Aisles vs Nick-less Capstroms - 7:08pm EST

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Weird game. Capitals carried play for most of it, even got traffic going around the net more and more often as the game went. Just couldn't get a goal that would stand after replay, and let the Islanders play too opportunistic of a style

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm not sure how some ppl are not seeing it the Caps lost this game before it even started! The Backstrom news and the fact the team didn't play a game since Sunday, did them in. We all know parts of this roster has the habit of playing like crap with too many days off.

Reactions: Calicaps

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
All I want is to play competitive each night, get more youth in for experience, and play spoiler to rivals. Vegas probably going to repeat and stick with the plan while watching other Eastern teams spend all their assets.

Reactions: Calicaps

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
All I want is to play competitive each night, get more youth in for experience, and play spoiler to rivals. Vegas probably going to repeat and stick with the plan while watching other Eastern teams spend all their assets.
What is the plan? I haven’t heard one from this franchise yet other then get Ovi the record which ain’t happening anytime soon with this roster.

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1698975490177.gif

My game puck goes to Connor McMichael. Posted an 80% xGF and drew a penalty.

Honorable mention to Matthew Phillips for posting an 84% xGF and proving conclusively that the eye test simply doesn't work.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
I am the first to shit and dunk on the Caps these days, but I actually think that they win that game more often than not with the way that they played today. Just no puck luck or even single bounce or break that went their way really. They played well IMO and that was something I didn’t see enough of over the course of 60 in the first couple of games.

Reactions: HTFN

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
View attachment 762057

My game puck goes to Connor McMichael. Posted an 80% xGF and drew a penalty.

Honorable mention to Matthew Phillips for posting an 84% xGF and proving conclusively that the eye test simply doesn't work.
Conclusively nothing, he was not helpful or noticeable all game. Won a handful of pucks, lost a handful of others by being tiny.

If the eye test didn't work he'd be scoring and we'd all go "I don't know how he did it but he kept us in the game", but he didn't and isn't regularly.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I am the first to shit and dunk on the Caps these days, but I actually think that they win that game more often than not with the way that they played today. Just no puck luck or even single bounce or break that went their way really. They played well IMO and that was something I didn’t see enough of over the course of 60 in the first couple of games.
I hear what you are saying but scoring talent is a real thing. When we had oodles of it we would have one of the highest shooting percentages in the league and could sleepwalk through games and still win. This team can’t finish and until players like CMM, Oshie, Wilson find a way to score when they should this will continue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad