GDT: G8: Aisles vs Nick-less Capstroms - 7:08pm EST

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
They've had the puck in the offensive zone for most of the game. Hard to rack up the hits when you're the team carrying play.

No, that honor belongs the chart/graph in this video

Sure, but they are down 3-0. They are just staying the coarse. I guess I am too old school. Down 3-0, home ice, mix it up.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Can the laypeople have a legend? I like crayons as much as the next guy, but what do the colors mean?
It has one when you pull up the full image.

It's basically just a shooting/xG graph that shows each individual player's share of the total number. Far as I can remember the grey stuff is a miss, the blue stuff is a save, the overlays are for PP/PK shots, and it would be red on a goal. I assume the idea is that each player's bar gets bigger the more they contribute, but it might still show some goals as more valuable or dangerous than others depending on xG vs. result, which is why the high danger chances for the Islanders look like big ol' bars but there's also a teeeeeeny tiny little red in there for the 1st goal, which was just a crap shot from distance.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Would be nice if he would occasionally stand o n his head in goal, e.g., make the big save.
They have to can Murray. They just have to, he hasn't been able to get anything out of a single goaltender in his tenure here.

Both Kuemper and Lindgren played some of their best hockey early last year and have only gotten weirder and harder to understand the more the coaching has messed with what they had going when acquired.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
oh no. I skipped ahead a little and now I have pudding brain.

You'd have to have an architect's drafting table and accompanying ruler just to follow most of those lines, sweet lord what is that monstrosity?
As he says at the end of the video "if you notice any mistakes in this graph, keep it to yourself, I never want to see it again" :biglaugh:

Reactions: HTFN

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
They have to can Murray. They just have to, he hasn't been able to get anything out of a single goaltender in his tenure here.

Both Kuemper and Lindgren played some of their best hockey early last year and have only gotten weirder and harder to understand the more the coaching has messed with what they had going when acquired.
I have been saying this for over 2 years now about Scott Murray.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I have been saying this for over 2 years now about Scott Murray.
It's like the only place I agree with the unhinged you, but it's probably dead on by now. He's not good and I don't know how he survived this coaching change.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

Regarding Lindgren, BMac overpaid the backup goalie again(he first did it with Pheonix Copley). I have not been impressed at all and he's basically played worse than he did last season. We have a $5 million per year # 1 goalie, why did we need to pay the backup $1.1 million per, especially considering how tight the team is to the salary cap ceiling. Also the fact that Lindgren's numbers with the Habs/Blues were a small sample size.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
EB1E3637-14AC-467A-84AC-B38A9D0E29AA.jpeg

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I want to call him Hahaa so bad, I was watching him the whole shift wondering when his first wuld be and yeah, it's not this one because of TJ but it's going to be real fun when he does.

Good player, great find.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad