GDT: G58 - SJS @ MIN - I'm just here so I don't get fired - 4PM Central - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Our 4-0 win against Vegas: at 5v5, 16 shots for, 15 scoring chances, 6 of them high danger.

Today: at 5v5, 36 shots for, 23 scoring chances, 6 of them high danger.

Sometimes the puck just doesn't go it. It happens.

Seems to happen more often for the Wild

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Our 4-0 win against Vegas: at 5v5, 16 shots for, 15 scoring chances, 6 of them high danger.

Today: at 5v5, 36 shots for, 23 scoring chances, 6 of them high danger.

Sometimes the puck just doesn't go it. It happens.

I’m sure this is supposed to mean something after watching both games.

What, I don’t know.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’m sure this is supposed to mean something after watching both games.

What, I don’t know.

I don't know how you watch this game and don't come to the conclusion that we were the better team in every minute of that game (as we should've been with the state that they're team is in).

We had plenty of chances to score. We just didn't. It happens.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I don't know how you watch this game and don't come to the conclusion that we were the better team in every minute of that game (as we should've been with the state that they're team is in).

We had plenty of chances to score. We just didn't. It happens.

They’re the better team by default based on who each team was trotting out.

Means nothing if you don’t create. Which I don’t know how you can sit here with a straight face and suggest they did anything remotely close to creating enough scoring chances to win the game.

Again, nothing off the rush. All perimeter play. You don’t score in this league playing this way.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
They’re the better team by default based on who each team was trotting out.

Means nothing if you don’t create. Which I don’t know how you can sit here with a straight face and suggest they did anything remotely close to creating enough scoring chances to win the game.

Again, nothing off the rush. All perimeter play. You don’t score in this league playing this way.

The numbers tell me that they did do enough to to create enough scoring chances.

Hard to score off the rush when the other team sinks back all game and takes zero chances, and I think the 'all perimeter play' is a flawed assessment.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
The numbers tell me that they did do enough to to create enough scoring chances.

Hard to score off the rush when the other team sinks back all game and takes zero chances, and I think the 'all perimeter play' is a flawed assessment.

Numbers seem to be pretty flawed as well.

No worries, maybe we were all watching a different game. Your’s had the Wild dominating and seemingly shut down or perhaps on the wrong side of luck by a “hot” goaltender? Go with it. Not sure how much water it’s going to hold though.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
JEE line was the best line again today.

At this point might as well try:
Foligno/JEE/Fiala
Chucky/Kunin/Donato
Parise/Staal/Greenway
Donato/Koivu/Zucc

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
JEE line was the best line again today.

At this point might as well try:
Foligno/JEE/Fiala
Chucky/Kunin/Donato
Parise/Staal/Greenway
Donato/Koivu/Zucc

I feel like if we’re going to clone someone on this roster, we should aim higher than Donato. Other than that, any line change would be welcome!

Reactions: 57special

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I feel like if we’re going to clone someone on this roster, we should aim higher than Donato. Other than that, any line change would be welcome!

Bah meant Hartman on the 4th line.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Yes, we all understand you were watching a different game.
Write it off to puck luck then, as we didn't have any and they did. For a dump and chase team the played ok. Look at the shot count. This team can't line rush against a sagging D with this roster.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad