GDT: G58 - SJS @ MIN - I'm just here so I don't get fired - 4PM Central - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Brodin is the next one out.

I doubt we see any moves until the 24th though. Can't imagine there are enough buyers right now.

I don;t think there will be a lot of buyers this year, or at least not ones making major moves. It's a lot of bleh around the bottom spots in the Playoffs.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don;t think there will be a lot of buyers this year, or at least not ones making major moves. It's a lot of bleh around the bottom spots in the Playoffs.

Luckily for us Brodin has more than 4 months on his deal. Dumba, Foligno, Staal, whoever else too. These aren't typical deadline acquisitions. GMs may be more inclined to buy on these guys because they get two (or more) playoffs with them.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
For this team: Parise, Suter, and 15 previous seasons of Koivu
My point was if he’s advocating for BG’s firing, what potential GM would want to come here as the fourth GM in four years? If a GM isn’t allowed to enact their ideas over the course of several years ownership isn’t giving them a fair shot.

Paul Fenton‘s cancerous personality is the exception to this rule

Wabit

May 23, 2016
My point was if he’s advocating for BG’s firing, what potential GM would want to come here as the fourth GM in four years? If a GM isn’t allowed to enact their ideas over the course of several years ownership isn’t giving them a fair shot.

Paul Fenton‘s cancerous personality is the exception to this rule

GMs without a job would want this job, there are only 32 of them in the world. They get to bring in the coach they want, have a good prospect pool, and aren't missing draft picks.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The game execrable, but there were some real zingers in the GDT. Well done!

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
GMs without a job would want this job, there are only 32 of them in the world. They get to bring in the coach they want, have a good prospect pool, and aren't missing draft picks.
It would lead to short term decisions being made over long term health cause they would always have the thought that they could be fired at any second

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It would lead to short term decisions being made over long term health cause they would always have the thought that they could be fired at any second

And? That was this GM's first move and the last GMs last move. Long term, big money, NMC deals to older players. Maybe a don't do dumb things message from the owner is what the GM needs. Or maybe a GM that has been an actual GM (not Chia) before is what's needed.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
And? That was this GM's first move and the last GMs last move. Long term, big money, NMC deals to older players. Maybe a don't do dumb things message from the owner is what the GM needs. Or maybe a GM that has been an actual GM (not Chia) before is what's needed.
I actually really like BB think he’ll have success if coaches again but I really fail to understand why people are calling for BG’s head after he fired a coach who won two playoff games in FOUR years. But after not even ONE year the GM has to go? The only thing I have a problem with is the Spurgeon extension. Even that is more of a inconvenience than a problem.

Reactions: Bazeek

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I actually really like BB think he’ll have success if coaches again but I really fail to understand why people are calling for BG’s head after he fired a coach who won two playoff games in FOUR years. But after not even ONE year the GM has to go? The only thing I have a problem with is the Spurgeon extension. Even that is more of a inconvenience than a problem.

My main problem is that Guerin's apparent reason for his firing (at least outwardly) is caused by a problem that would be his (Guerin's) responsibility to fix.

Reactions: Olcoach

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
My main problem is that Guerin's apparent reason for his firing (at least outwardly) is caused by a problem that would be his (Guerin's) responsibility to fix.

I really really don't believe Guerin is saying what he really means. I think it's all just a gambit.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Talk is cheap. Especially at the trade deadline. I totally get where you’re coming from but I’m not gonna hold it against him

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
At least Fenton never lied to the fans. He just kept his mouth shut.

If Guerin is doing what I suspect he's doing, I have no issue with him "lying to the fans"

It's his job to build the best team possible, not to tell me everything going on behind closed doors. The judgment will lie with his actions and the results, not the words he says.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If Guerin is doing what I suspect he's doing, I have no issue with him "lying to the fans"

It's his job to build the best team possible, not to tell me everything going on behind closed doors. The judgment will lie with his actions and the results, not the words he says.

Then he should keep his mouth shut and say nothing. I don't tolerate lairs. At least other organizations had the balls to say they were giving up on the season.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Then he should keep his mouth shut and say nothing. I don't tolerate lairs. At least other organizations had the balls to say they were giving up on the season.

I don't really think Guerin cares what you tolerate or don't. And it's not about "having the balls" to admit he's giving up or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad